[Feedback] JTR back w/ BB8 [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    This is the very first time I've decided to write in this forum and I'd rather not doing it.

I have always thought people complaint a lot and tried to convince myself that developers do their best, even if their decisions go against my particular interests.(Resistance)

However, the lack of consistency and communication they are showing lately make me wonder if they know what they are doing.

Is it possible knowing nothing about these events the day before they will be launched?

As a guild leader I am finding very difficult to keep the team morale high and players engaged at the minute.

• Options
    with 3 refreshes daily an average person get 7- 12 shards... but it is def. 33% roughly that is why i sim in groups of 3... then i know if i am getting shards below average or above..... if u are simming all sims at once that is y u are having bad luck... its been proven that simming in large ammounts causes u to have a lower % drop rate... no kne knows y but it just is that way for some reason
  • Options
    i fknally made an account so i could post..... for all the ppl complaining they arent ready its ur own fault if you didmt get her the 1st time continue to farm til yo got all requirements met so ur good for next time.... u didnt well thats your fault not theres... long time players know thimgss are sprung on us all the time un annoinced.... this is one of those cases if your a newer player rememner this for next time...

are they wrong releasing both at same time. yes thet are... ppl that need bb8 for JTR now have to get him,lv him and gear him enough to get rey all in 6 days... definitely not fair to the person who is ready for rey but still needs bb8.... cuz id he came 1st ud have that extra week or 2 to get him geared

• Options
    ppl only get on here to complain but i love to read it al so its all good

but no 1 is saying ty for giving rey back 1 month early from the normal so now webhave a chance to have one of the only good teams for the sith raid...

i myself neglected the vets and went back to farming them 2 weeks ago thinking she would be back roughly apr.15th... but by luck i finished my vets yesterday now i just hope g8 is good enough cause i thought i had time to gear them.

for those that miss her this time that sucks cuz they said next release was august cuz they got new legendary evemts for upcoming movie
  • Sumbu
    30 posts Member
    Options
    its been proven that simming in large ammounts causes u to have a lower % drop rate...

Show me this clear evidence. Otherwise, your talk is just crazy babbling.
    I always simulate with maximum energy. I have refreshed twice a day.
    I'm done with the veterans for a very long time -

In addition to the SithAssasine on 6 *, the Sith Trooper on 5 *, KRU on 4 * and the Death Trooper on 6.5 *...
    Perfect RNG or just kept an eye on the goal?!
  • Options
    First time posting here. Since last RJT event, with $20 crystal pack I've been able to 7* KRU, Sith Trooper, & both vets with 3 refreshes a day and still haven't gone through all the crystals quite yet. I am a mostly f2p account so I think it has been more than possible to get ready for this event.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Still need 200 shards for Vets, but figured out a plan to farm all of them before the event ends, should save me a lot of $
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    For anyone who doesn’t want read all 18 pages, let me sum this thread up for you:
    1. I’m not going to get jtr and I’m angry that it came back “early” and with only two days notice.
    2. I’m getting Jtr this time or already have it and it’s your own fault for not farming vet han/Chewie in time.
    3. Drop rates for vet Han/chewie are super bad and it’s not my fault I couldn’t farm them in time.
    4. Drop rates for vet han/Chewie were fine for me. It must just be you.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Edward wrote: »
    Still need 200 shards for Vets, but figured out a plan to farm all of them before the event ends, should save me a lot of $

I am in similar situation, are you willing to share some advice? If there is a way to get them with minimal investment, I might go for it, but on the other hand I am reluctant to spend because it is basically rewarding them for this last-minute execution and I would hate if it became a norm.
  • Options
    Eh CG just inspired me to slow farm the Vets and just miss out on JTR this time around. I would have dropped some cash to finish up the vets if we'd have been given time to reasonably finish or more advanced notice. Unfortunately too many of you will fall into their trap and that's why they continue to do what they do. Show some self control people. For the sake of everyone.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    . its been proven that simming in large ammounts causes u to have a lower % drop rate... no kne knows y but it just is that way for some reason

No it hasn't. In fact, the many people that actually tracked the data to try to prove what you suggest came to the opposite conclusion. That is, drop rates for character shards over a statistically significant sample size (which is more than one day or one 15 attempt pull) is 30-33%. Consistently. Regardless as to what character it is, whether double drops are active or not, how many sims at a time, which node, what type of node (for characters that have both cantina and LS/DS nodes), what time of day, whether or not a tin foil hat was worn or not, etc.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Boofpoof wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    For people defending this move, you have to bear in mind that someone had to make a coscious decision to not include this event in the calendar when it was first released. It's not like "stuff happens and deal with it", someone had to deliberately make it happen. What they achieved by this is effectively cutting off a lot of players from the only effective team for the new raid unless they whale out. Again, not by accident. This game used to be very ftp-friendly, now it is getting more and more coercive. As was stated here several times, to survive as a ftp means making smart decisions, but we just saw that we can't trust the information we are given and therefore have nothing to base our decisions on.

Did you consider that this was not a scheduled event, and they are trying to push out the event to help players with the new raid.

The advocated "smart decision" from almost everyone is once an event ends if you didn't get the toon, is to keep farming and working on that situation until you are in a position to get it. People may or may not follow that advice but you can't always pass the buck and blame someone else.

Not a scheduled event? Well, if that's the case (and I doubt it), nothing keeps them from moving it back a while. It overlaps with an assault battle now, so there is no issue with that at any other time. Really, no matter how you look at it, it's designed to cut people off rather than help with the raid.

There is a difference between help and a hand out. Sure no one likes a panic farm, but if JTR is that important to you, you should be all set if you missed her last time.

Please, stop with the fallacies. The importance of JTR only emerged with the Sith raid. If not for that, it would be no big deal. It's not like she owns arena or anything...

Pretty sure most guilds use a wall of JTR for TW. She is a great lead for TB. She still has a place in arena....

Yeah you are right, only place anyone needs her or would care to use her is the Sith Raid. I mean besides the fact that she can auto p3 and go into p4 of HAAT, but that's old news that no one cares about.

No argument there Kyno. I sound like a broken record (and don't mean to) but just thought we would have more time. Instead it's BAM! Two days notice with none of the fan fare of the last.

Yeah, it's a surprise. Which is why we always advocate focused farming on what you want. Especially event toons, procrastination kills.

She is incredibly useful, so I find it almost equally surprising people waited to be ready. This game is fluid and dynamic, you can't be ready for it all, but most people could have been ready for this one.

Kyno I keep seeing you say we've had plenty of time. Umm....I've been farming the vets since the last event and I have neither to 7 stars yet. I buy shards from the shop and farm cantina and I'm still short and I won't make it in time. Some of us just have the absolute worst luck in cantina. I've gone a few days at a time without seeing a single Han shard.

How about CG actually fix the drop rate issues with vets (I'm definitely not the only one to notice) before throwing JTR at us in two days? Nah, wouldn't make the money they want I know. I just find it hilarious you saying everyone had plenty of time when it's just not even close to true.
  • Options
    Look , there are multiple sides to this convo. This release has nothing to do with the digital movie release and everything to do with the screwed up raid. If it had to do with the movie it would have released yesterday, the day of the release instead of tomorrow, which bears no significance. BB8 was probably scheduled for tomorrow, and JTR on the disc release day ( 2 weeks ) . Or possibly BB8 in 2 weeks and Rey on May the 4th. This was not a planned release, if it was it would have been on the calendar.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    For people defending this move, you have to bear in mind that someone had to make a coscious decision to not include this event in the calendar when it was first released. It's not like "stuff happens and deal with it", someone had to deliberately make it happen. What they achieved by this is effectively cutting off a lot of players from the only effective team for the new raid unless they whale out. Again, not by accident. This game used to be very ftp-friendly, now it is getting more and more coercive. As was stated here several times, to survive as a ftp means making smart decisions, but we just saw that we can't trust the information we are given and therefore have nothing to base our decisions on.

Did you consider that this was not a scheduled event, and they are trying to push out the event to help players with the new raid.

The advocated "smart decision" from almost everyone is once an event ends if you didn't get the toon, is to keep farming and working on that situation until you are in a position to get it. People may or may not follow that advice but you can't always pass the buck and blame someone else.

Not a scheduled event? Well, if that's the case (and I doubt it), nothing keeps them from moving it back a while. It overlaps with an assault battle now, so there is no issue with that at any other time. Really, no matter how you look at it, it's designed to cut people off rather than help with the raid.

There is a difference between help and a hand out. Sure no one likes a panic farm, but if JTR is that important to you, you should be all set if you missed her last time.

Please, stop with the fallacies. The importance of JTR only emerged with the Sith raid. If not for that, it would be no big deal. It's not like she owns arena or anything...

Pretty sure most guilds use a wall of JTR for TW. She is a great lead for TB. She still has a place in arena....

Yeah you are right, only place anyone needs her or would care to use her is the Sith Raid. I mean besides the fact that she can auto p3 and go into p4 of HAAT, but that's old news that no one cares about.

No argument there Kyno. I sound like a broken record (and don't mean to) but just thought we would have more time. Instead it's BAM! Two days notice with none of the fan fare of the last.

Yeah, it's a surprise. Which is why we always advocate focused farming on what you want. Especially event toons, procrastination kills.

She is incredibly useful, so I find it almost equally surprising people waited to be ready. This game is fluid and dynamic, you can't be ready for it all, but most people could have been ready for this one.

Kyno I keep seeing you say we've had plenty of time. Umm....I've been farming the vets since the last event and I have neither to 7 stars yet. I buy shards from the shop and farm cantina and I'm still short and I won't make it in time. Some of us just have the absolute worst luck in cantina. I've gone a few days at a time without seeing a single Han shard.

How about CG actually fix the drop rate issues with vets (I'm definitely not the only one to notice) before throwing JTR at us in two days? Nah, wouldn't make the money they want I know. I just find it hilarious you saying everyone had plenty of time when it's just not even close to true.

Just a quick point about buying shards vs. refreshing cantina (WARNING: math ahead)

Average drop rate over time is 33%.

That means for 100 crystal cantina refresh, you get 120 energy = 7.5 attempts (on a 16 energy node) = 2.5 shards. That comes to 40 crystals per shard.

Purchasing shards from shipments is 4 shards for 320 crystals. That comes to 80 crystals per shard.

TL;DR - if you have limited crystals (i.e. can't refresh cantina 3 times/day AND buy shards in shipments) and are purchasing shards in shipments instead of refreshing cantina, you are actually slowing yourself down and progressing half as fast as you could. That doesn't even account for the fact that you get many other rewards in cantina (credits, training droids, ship building materials, sim tix, cantina tokens, etc.)

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Just a quick point about buying shards vs. refreshing cantina (WARNING: math ahead)

That means for 100 crystal cantina refresh, you get 120 energy = 7.5 attempts (on a 16 energy node) = 2.5 shards. That comes to 40 crystals per shard.

Purchasing shards from shipments is 4 shards for 320 crystals. That comes to 80 crystals per shard.

TL;DR - if you have limited crystals (i.e. can't refresh cantina 3 times/day AND buy shards in shipments) and are purchasing shards in shipments instead of refreshing cantina, you are actually slowing yourself down and progressing half as fast as you could. That doesn't even account for the fact that you get many other rewards in cantina (credits, training droids, ship building materials, sim tix, cantina tokens, etc.)

That's neat and everything if the math actually worked out like you claim. I forced into buying shards from the shop because this magical 33% drop rate for vets would literally give me days where I wouldn't see a single drop. And no, I never received 8 shards in a day to balance it out.
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    YESSSSSSSSSS! I’m so stoked! I missed Rey the first time, but I won’t miss her this time! Thanks!

Sure am glad I kept farming the Veterans even after the event ended last time. Let that be a lesson—procrastination pays the devil’s wages!

Ha!

NicWester, I like you! You’re a cranky old troll and I love it!
  • Options
    Well to all those that missed her first time, maybe you shouldn't have stopped the farm. Isn't it better to be ready a month early than panic when the surprise you with an earlier than expected re release?
    When I missed CLS first time I didn't stop farming. Was ready 3.5 months early.
  • Options
    Well to all those that missed her first time, maybe you shouldn't have stopped the farm. Isn't it better to be ready a month early than panic when the surprise you with an earlier than expected re release?

Same, don't get people who complain when a toon comes back around in 3 months and say they didn't have time to farm.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

That's neat and everything if the math actually worked out like you claim. I forced into buying shards from the shop because this magical 33% drop rate for vets would literally give me days where I wouldn't see a single drop. And no, I never received 8 shards in a day to balance it out.

Track your drop rate for a month. Post results. If you don't come out with 30-33%, you would be the first person since November of 2015 that tracked drop rates for a strong enough sample size and didn't come up with a 30-33% drop rate.

You can, of course choose to ignore everyone else who has done it - or presume that drop rates have been nerfed for you specifically, or you can benefit from the knowledge and hard work of those that have gone before you.

Here are two examples from the past year of people who have actually tracked cantina drop rates (and shown at least 33%):

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/106555/cantina-battle-character-farming-data-ongoing-updates#latest

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/135920/cantina-7d-captain-han-solo-drop-rate-report-38-8

Both are still active players, and I'm sure they would be happy to answer any questions about updates since their posted results. Incidentally, Eventine's data also supports the long-held preumption of a 20% drop rate on purple gear as well.

Honestly, knowing the 33% drop rate makes it very easy to determine when you will unlock, 7* a character for events, etc.
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

The point is that now there isn't even time to panic. Mostly, it's not about the release being early (although that plays a part too) but about the lack of communication beforehand. With, say, a two weeks notice, people can come up with a panic farm plan and make it even if they weren't ready with little to no spending, depending on their reserves. Now, it's spend a ton or wait for the next time.
    And yeah, now that we know that events can drop out of the blue, it will be absolutely necessary to finish all requirements asap and not put them on the back burner for even a week. In hindsight, relying on communication from CG was pretty dumb.
  • Options
    2 days notice. Nice. I have been farming these two since the last time the event happened. I am still 185 shards short(chewy). Drop rate is horrible for both these chars. I refuse to use crystals or refreshes for this. I will just do it next time I guess
  • Options
    I have my 5 first order is ready to go.To all that plays this game when comes back tomorrow happy hunting!!!!!!!
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    Options
    2 days notice. Nice. I have been farming these two since the last time the event happened. I am still 185 shards short(chewy). Drop rate is horrible for both these chars. I refuse to use crystals or refreshes for this. I will just do it next time I guess

35% drop rate isn't bad at all
  • Options
    I have my 5 first order is ready to go.To all that plays this game when comes back tomorrow happy hunting!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Anyone not ready that was here for last launch simply did not plan properly...i said it!! I had 1.....1 1st order toon at 7* for last event towards bb8 now In have full team for 7*bb8 . I had vets at what ever they unlocked at for last event and now both at 7*. I spent $0 on the game but literally cancelled all other farms and used gems from arena and ship pay out and random dailies to do 3-100gem refreshes. I had the worst ..worst rng ever typically 3 -100 gem refreshes which is around 24 rolls at 8 each and some days got 0...0 shards and I still stuck to it and got them to 7* literally this week and even took 2 weeks off to 7*kru and his ships on that easy and great rng drop. Anyone that is not close did not do the same and focused on other ..probably sith trooper or something else and now complain they didn't have notice ?? You had since December 15th to plan for next appearance. I had to sacrifice mods for 2 months and all other cantina farms except that 2 week kru which in only switched because i heard the great drops.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I'm mad right now, but not at CG. I'm mad at you guys.

They didn't release Rey "too early." We had a full three months between events, that's plenty of time to farm the Veterans up to 7*. I finished Han in January and Chewbacca in February. I do one refresh a day on Cantina energy and never buy character shards with crystals. We knew Rey was coming back and we knew that there were two hard grinds ahead of us--we didn't know when she would come back, but she was coming.

Why did you stop farming them? Because the login character was Sith Assassin and you convinced yourself that you would need her for something? Fine, but she's in Guild Shipments, so why did that stop your Cantina farm? Because Luke came around on Christmas? That was three months ago and only Old Ben is a Cantina farm, what did you do in the meantime?

They didn't "break the release cadence" for Rey--show me where it says Legendary and Heroic characters follow the cadence. What the release cadence announcement specifically says, in fact, is:
    CG_TopHat wrote:
    Our current plan is to have nearly all of our new characters (aside from some VERY special characters which we plan to release through “Yoda-styled” events emphasis added --Nick) released through the new event structure for the near future.

She isn't returning early, but for the sake of argument even if she is, she's only coming out two weeks sooner than expected. What was your plan? Grind Han and Chewbacca out at the very last possible moment so that maybe, if a pack was involved, you could hit 7* on the last day?

Look. The first time this event happened, a lot of us missed out because the requirements were frankly stupid. Go back through my post history and see where I called bullroar on those requirements so hard that someone decided to Single White Female me. But if you're missing it this time (and aren't a relatively new player, of course, who likely hasn't or only just unlocked the Veteran Smuggler nodes) then it's your own fault. Don't be mad at anyone but yourself. You're the one who stopped farming those characters for whatever reason. So this time, when the event ends, don't do that and you'll get her when she comes back for the third time.

In the meantime, quit your bellyaching and just be happy that it's 100% possible for free-to-play players who don't finish in the top 5 in fleet and squad arenas to complete this event.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

How long have you tracked your data? Can you post an appropriate sized sample set to draw conclusions from? There have been other that have done this and show drops rates are statistically accurate to the 30% mark.

Did you do the marquee events? And try to make it the first time with a focused farm? (I did and made it, and besides the $ pack didn't invest in that farm). After missing the first time did you dedicate yourself to farming them? That is what this game takes, focused effort to what you want. If you did that then yes you had time.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Buddy wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    YESSSSSSSSSS! I’m so stoked! I missed Rey the first time, but I won’t miss her this time! Thanks!

Sure am glad I kept farming the Veterans even after the event ended last time. Let that be a lesson—procrastination pays the devil’s wages!

Ha!

NicWester, I like you! You’re a cranky old troll and I love it!
    I'm not a troll, and I'm not cranky--I was definitely cranky to miss out on her the first time because the Veterans hit nods maybe two weeks before the event was announced, so it was impossible to farm for free in time (I would definitely have bought the pack if that would have pushed me up to 7* on each, but the math said otherwise). So when that event ended I continued farming them and finished up in February.

Rey is my second favorite character in the franchise (RIP Jyn Erso, too good for this benighted galaxy) and I've been working on Resistance since I started playing back in February of 2016. I'm genuinely excited to get this character up and running, and I'm relieved that my perseverance paid off because evidently enough people procrastinated that there's a riot on our hands.

Trolls are the people who were gloating the first time this event happened that they had the foresight to buy Han/Chewie out of shipments for crystals for months. Trolls are the people who, now, are saying this event is coming "too early" despite having known it would come eventually for the last 3 months and it only coming out, if early at all, two weeks early.
    I 100% agree on not using crystals for this, but not using refreshes? Why? That's just pouty. If you've been farming two characters since December without refreshes, then your crystals have been funnelled elsewhere, and don't pretend like that 1) wasn't your own voluntary choice and 2) hasn't given you an advantage elsewhere. You've reaped the benefit of whatever you spent your crystals on, probably gear, for three months--that's a good decision by the way, you can really benefit from it--but now that you see what's behind Door Number Two, don't pretend like you don't already have everything from Door Number One.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

How long have you tracked your data? Can you post an appropriate sized sample set to draw conclusions from? There have been other that have done this and show drops rates are statistically accurate to the 30% mark.

Did you do the marquee events? And try to make it the first time with a focused farm? (I did and made it, and besides the $ pack didn't invest in that farm). After missing the first time did you dedicate yourself to farming them? That is what this game takes, focused effort to what you want. If you did that then yes you had time.

I agree with Kyno here l. I dropped everything and just got them both this week to 7* . See my post slightly above. Anyone that didn't is lying about their effort I had extremely hair pulling rng and grinded and feels amazing my hard grind is gonna pay off. I sacrificed all mods and cantina for useless vets so when this day came i was ready.