[Feedback] JTR back w/ BB8 [MERGE]

Replies

• BCSAkira
    13 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Some of these rant posts are LONG lol, real anger here. By the time you finish reading this thread, you could have farmed both Vets...
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Buddy wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    YESSSSSSSSSS! I’m so stoked! I missed Rey the first time, but I won’t miss her this time! Thanks!

Sure am glad I kept farming the Veterans even after the event ended last time. Let that be a lesson—procrastination pays the devil’s wages!

Ha!

NicWester, I like you! You’re a cranky old troll and I love it!
    I'm not a troll, and I'm not cranky.

Don’t get me wrong - was meant as a compliment, I am actually a fan. But let’s be honest: that beautiful post in this particular forum was pure trolling.

I try to think that most of the forums are probably filled with kids (I’m old, so kids are anyone into their 30s). When I think of some of the ridiculously stupid things I did or said when I was that age (and shudder) it gives me a little perspective. Wasn’t it Dumbledore who said it’s a sin for old people to forget what it was like to be young? Anyway, wrong franchise...

Even the first time for JTR I wasn’t particularly bothered - I’m not trying to play to top the arena, but to collect the characters - I’m a poke-player: gotta catch em all! On that note, CG: please put Lobot and Urorororororororroroorororororr in the GW store!

Agree about Jyn, disagree about Rey but that’s just personal preference. I really liked Holdo so I’m a freak, I guess. On a slightly unrelated note, did anyone else choke up a little when they retrofitted Rex into ROTJ?
  • End of the day to me the longer they wait there will still be people who just need a little more time, but then it delays the next time they run it.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Rojas wrote: »
    2 days notice. Nice. I have been farming these two since the last time the event happened. I am still 185 shards short(chewy). Drop rate is horrible for both these chars. I refuse to use crystals or refreshes for this. I will just do it next time I guess

35% drop rate isn't bad at all

Saying it's a flat 35% is dumb. KRU was paying out probably 50% for either him or his ship. The last month and a half I haven't got more than 15-20% drops for Han.
  • Haidon
    35 posts Member
    I got the vets to 6* in time to be late to the first JTR party.

I got 25 shard on each of them immediately after the JTR event was over.

I figured I'd have til mid-April before she returned.

I started farming vets again on 3/1.

Han is 78/100, Chewie is 26/100. I'm SOL unless I pony up some scratch.

Guess I'll be waiting 'til either June or July.

The thing that really ticks me off here isn't so much that they did it a month early... it's that now that they've done it early, now I'll have to wait an extra 2-3 months as a result. If they'd've kept with the hero's journey release 'schedule' (I know, only one hero before her doesn't make much of a schedule) I'd have been ready.

/grumble.
  • I have a lot of issues with the supposed drop rate of gear.... that's not fun.
    But I have NEVER had an issue with character shards. Maybe I get good rolls - a cross over from all my D&D, IDK. I tracked shards for Vet Solo and I was at 39% after two months. Of the many issues I have with the game - I've never felt shorted on toon farms. Shoretrooper is maintaining ~41% for me. I'm still at 6* but when I do farm, it's not too bad.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Terror
    50 posts Member
    Original poster... you’ve only been playing a couple months? Uh... yeah you probably can’t do **** in the sith raid, by design. Suggested level is “many zetas”. you can’t get many zetas in a couple of months. I’ve been playing for over a year and sith raid is hard... by design. So.... deal with it.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    Boofpoof wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    For people defending this move, you have to bear in mind that someone had to make a coscious decision to not include this event in the calendar when it was first released. It's not like "stuff happens and deal with it", someone had to deliberately make it happen. What they achieved by this is effectively cutting off a lot of players from the only effective team for the new raid unless they whale out. Again, not by accident. This game used to be very ftp-friendly, now it is getting more and more coercive. As was stated here several times, to survive as a ftp means making smart decisions, but we just saw that we can't trust the information we are given and therefore have nothing to base our decisions on.

Did you consider that this was not a scheduled event, and they are trying to push out the event to help players with the new raid.

The advocated "smart decision" from almost everyone is once an event ends if you didn't get the toon, is to keep farming and working on that situation until you are in a position to get it. People may or may not follow that advice but you can't always pass the buck and blame someone else.

Not a scheduled event? Well, if that's the case (and I doubt it), nothing keeps them from moving it back a while. It overlaps with an assault battle now, so there is no issue with that at any other time. Really, no matter how you look at it, it's designed to cut people off rather than help with the raid.

There is a difference between help and a hand out. Sure no one likes a panic farm, but if JTR is that important to you, you should be all set if you missed her last time.

Please, stop with the fallacies. The importance of JTR only emerged with the Sith raid. If not for that, it would be no big deal. It's not like she owns arena or anything...

Pretty sure most guilds use a wall of JTR for TW. She is a great lead for TB. She still has a place in arena....

Yeah you are right, only place anyone needs her or would care to use her is the Sith Raid. I mean besides the fact that she can auto p3 and go into p4 of HAAT, but that's old news that no one cares about.

No argument there Kyno. I sound like a broken record (and don't mean to) but just thought we would have more time. Instead it's BAM! Two days notice with none of the fan fare of the last.

Yeah, it's a surprise. Which is why we always advocate focused farming on what you want. Especially event toons, procrastination kills.

She is incredibly useful, so I find it almost equally surprising people waited to be ready. This game is fluid and dynamic, you can't be ready for it all, but most people could have been ready for this one.

Kyno I keep seeing you say we've had plenty of time. Umm....I've been farming the vets since the last event and I have neither to 7 stars yet. I buy shards from the shop and farm cantina and I'm still short and I won't make it in time. Some of us just have the absolute worst luck in cantina. I've gone a few days at a time without seeing a single Han shard.

How about CG actually fix the drop rate issues with vets (I'm definitely not the only one to notice) before throwing JTR at us in two days? Nah, wouldn't make the money they want I know. I just find it hilarious you saying everyone had plenty of time when it's just not even close to true.

How long have you tracked your data? Can you post an appropriate sized sample set to draw conclusions from? There have been other that have done this and show drops rates are statistically accurate to the 30% mark.

Did you do the marquee events? And try to make it the first time with a focused farm? (I did and made it, and besides the $ pack didn't invest in that farm). After missing the first time did you dedicate yourself to farming them? That is what this game takes, focused effort to what you want. If you did that then yes you had time.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/147608/reys-heros-journey-character-requirements
    GdJEHjh.jpg
    At least last time, we were informed about the events 10 days prior to it’s start.

• StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    Edward wrote: »

At least last time, we were informed about the events 10 days prior to it’s start.

And this time you had 14 weeks notice prior to start. Just keep farming and be ready next time.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Ephran wrote: »
    Rojas wrote: »
    2 days notice. Nice. I have been farming these two since the last time the event happened. I am still 185 shards short(chewy). Drop rate is horrible for both these chars. I refuse to use crystals or refreshes for this. I will just do it next time I guess

35% drop rate isn't bad at all

Saying it's a flat 35% is dumb. KRU was paying out probably 50% for either him or his ship. The last month and a half I haven't got more than 15-20% drops for Han.

Nikoms565 wrote: »

Here are two examples from the past year of people who have actually tracked cantina drop rates (and shown at least 33%):

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/106555/cantina-battle-character-farming-data-ongoing-updates#latest

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/135920/cantina-7d-captain-han-solo-drop-rate-report-38-8

Both are still active players, and I'm sure they would be happy to answer any questions about updates since their posted results. Incidentally, Eventine's data also supports the long-held preumption of a 20% drop rate on purple gear as well.

Honestly, knowing the 33% drop rate makes it very easy to determine when you will unlock, 7* a character for events, etc.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

And this time you had 14 weeks notice prior to start. Just keep farming and be ready next time.

I will be ready but you can’t be sure Rey will return in 3 months again. So to many players, they will actually have to wait 3+x months.

This time is an exception when you have a look of CLS and other legendary events.
  • Skywalker_Vader1
    336 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    35% drop rate is simply not true. I get 1-2 shards most days for either one that I have tried farming. Some days I may get 2-3. I only spend that type of energy on those chars. Just no refreshes
  • Lejaun wrote: »
    FieldL wrote: »
    People have been telling others: finish farming the vets asap with refreshes. This has become the very basic farming strategy of this game. Yet, people somehow, still believe they will get a month-long notice before the second round (always people complaining about this, like they are new to this game). Like obiwan said, you believe what you want to believe.

People also said farm Sith Assassin and Sith Trooper and farm this and farm that. There are only so many things that we can farm before we start missing something.

[/quote]

Yeah but S.A., and SI were not backed by any form of evidence, RJT came around and the requirements known, also known that she'd be back so if you(you in general) didn't get her reqs ready that sucks but you knew what was needed and chose not to work on it
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    35% drop rate is simply not true. I get 1-2 shards most days for either one that I have tried farming. Some days I may get 2-3. I only spend that type of energy on those chars. Just no refreshes

You're another person who is ignoring all the data and relying on your own tiny sample size (not to mention the lack of your own data).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

I guess you got me. The 30-33% drop rate is accurate for everyone else in the game for the past 2+ years, but they finally changed it just to mess with you.

Honestly, do your self a favor and either actually track the data or go back to the previous page, and follow the links to the research of people who have. You will likely be pleasantly surprised either way.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I will be ready but you can’t be sure Rey will return in 3 months again. So to many players, they will actually have to wait 3+x months.

This time is an exception when you have a look of CLS and other legendary events.

CLS and JTR are heros journey not legendary. There is no set schedule for either, unfortunately that is the situation we play in.

Last time we had hints and rumors, then 10 days of confirmation, true. This time they had all that, and 3 months.
  • So is BB8 coming back before tomorrow so i can boost him to get Rey? it's the last one i need??
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member

You’re right, we have no idea when she’ll be back. All the more reason for people to just be ready.

CLS and JTR are Hero’s Journey characters, not Legendary, which makes it even more of a question mark for returns because we have nothing to even make educated guess.
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member
    So they're basically admitting that she's now not what she used to be....CLS was held back for 6 months before previous release but right after the Nerf to expose you release JTR 3 months after her initial release - it just smells of "Well, she's not so good anymore, so have her early anyway"....

And don't give that "to celebrate the release of the movie...." - you could have just as well celebrated it with Hux/Snoke/DJ or any other character that we've yet to see...
  • Edward
    651 posts Member

CLS and JTR are heros journey not legendary. There is no set schedule for either, unfortunately that is the situation we play in.

Last time we had hints and rumors, then 10 days of confirmation, true. This time they had all that, and 3 months.

That 10 days prior notice can change everything, this event is so far the most difficult one, need FO to get BB8, need two 16 Cantina node farming to get the vets. We deserve a longer notice at least not shorter.
  • Melvil wrote: »
    So they're basically admitting that she's now not what she used to be....CLS was held back for 6 months before previous release but right after the Nerf to expose you release JTR 3 months after her initial release - it just smells of "Well, she's not so good anymore, so have her early anyway"....

And don't give that "to celebrate the release of the movie...." - you could have just as well celebrated it with Hux/Snoke/DJ or any other character that we've yet to see...

Do you know how to read a calendar? August to December is definitely not 6 months
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

That 10 days prior notice can change everything, this event is so far the most difficult one, need FO to get BB8, need two 16 Cantina node farming to get the vets. We deserve a longer notice at least not shorter.

Yes and no, 10 days means nothing if you were not following rumors/hunches. With the event that would give you a total of 17 days. There are people in this thread saying that the last 3 month have not been long enough. I'm not saying if they extended this event for 17 days that wouldn't be enough, I'm saying if they had confirmed the event 8 days ago, it wouldn't have helped.

We live ,we learn... when you want something and miss the event, pour all you've got into being ready. You never know what's around the corner.
  • Sneekypete wrote: »
    Anyone not ready that was here for last launch simply did not plan properly...i said it!! I had 1.....1 1st order toon at 7* for last event towards bb8 now In have full team for 7*bb8 . I had vets at what ever they unlocked at for last event and now both at 7*. I spent $0 on the game but literally cancelled all other farms and used gems from arena and ship pay out and random dailies to do 3-100gem refreshes.

That implies everybody gets enough crystals from arena to do 3x refreshes, in a lot of shards that's an exceptionally difficult thing to do.

• AA86
    102 posts Member
    Get ready for hux or snoke!
  • KaladinStormer
    5 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    For me the worst part was the fact that stormtrooper Han was login character for the month. I saw, that and started farming old ben cuz I only had him at 5 stars. Just 7 started him Sunday. Then I get the news it's JTR and I'm at 43/100 for vet chewie. SMH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    AA86 wrote: »
    Get ready for hux or snoke!
    Or don’t.

Not to say they won’t be added at some point, nor to say they won’t be legendary (I doubt heroic, though) but I don’t know what’s needed, meanwhile there’s stuff I need now. I’ll get them the second go-around!

The reason I’m saying all this is to point out to anyone teadibg it that it’s okay to opt out of an event when it only potentially exists. Opting out when you *know* what’s coming is a whole different thing.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Mattikin wrote: »
    Sneekypete wrote: »
    Anyone not ready that was here for last launch simply did not plan properly...i said it!! I had 1.....1 1st order toon at 7* for last event towards bb8 now In have full team for 7*bb8 . I had vets at what ever they unlocked at for last event and now both at 7*. I spent $0 on the game but literally cancelled all other farms and used gems from arena and ship pay out and random dailies to do 3-100gem refreshes.

That implies everybody gets enough crystals from arena to do 3x refreshes, in a lot of shards that's an exceptionally difficult thing to do.

Yeah, I had to get my FO up to snuff and for me that meant getting KRU up because his drop rates were WAY over 35%, then I had to start farming Finn, who I hadn't even unlocked last time, who is also on cantina energy nodes. Didn't spend regular energy on him because I still needed to 7* Scav Rey. I've been working on the Vets for a month and a half and their drop rates are abysmal. I haven't done too many refreshes because I needed gear/Talzin shards/better mods, and I'm strictly FTP (on a .edu email so couldnt spend money if I wanted too) I still need 50 Han shards and 185 Chewie shards. All this to say: saying we had ample time to prepare would be true if the only thing people were missing were the vets, which is definitely not the case for most people.
  • I started playing in Oct 2017. I started by buying the night sisters and phoenix bundle after that it became farming. I started farming phoenix and First order because I liked them and had no Idea about anything. After about a month of playing i got thrawn and BB8 at 5 stars. Now I have thrawn at 6 stars, and have farmed empire, FO, vets, Resistance, and rebel squads. I am poised to get every character I can at 7 stars except CLS luke. I am about 150 shards away from 7 stars on FB Luke, Old ben, STHan, and Leigh. Its all about planning and grinding. i dont ave a bunch of sith or anything like that. I have One Zeta on KRU, Use FO team in arena and stay top 50, Stay in top 5 of fleet despite using only 5 star akbar capitol ship. It is possible and nothing to complain about IF you put in the time.
  • Look , its simple to say we didn't have enough notice. its simple to say you should have farmed them since last time. But everyones game experience is different. Some don't get enough crystals to farm vets 3x a day, and don't want to pay for them . Some just unlocked them. Some missed JTR and moved guild needs ahead of personal needs. Some like me , missed her last time, but I'm close enough that I might be able to get her on day 6 or 7 . I had a plan. KRU came along with amazing drop rates, with his ship as well, and it sidetracked me. Then with the Sith rework, I bumped Sith Trooper to the top of the list, and was going back to vets as soon as he was done, expecting JTR with either the disc release ( not the digital release ) or May 4th. Well hes being stopped at 83/100 to make a vet push and hope for slightly better than .3 odds. I need around .4 and then I might have to buy less than 20 shards from the store. Next in line Is Death Trooper, I need him for the raid, but another event might pop up and sidetrack that, Its all about balance ( like the force ) , and trying to balance personal goals with guild goals. Anyone not there that was around the first time has no one to blame but themselves. Either your FTP and cant generate enough crystals to farm them as needed, you got sidetracked, or just thought the vets **** and served no real purpose and would get there eventually. Maybe u farmed them but never geared them and now your struggling to gear them to complete the event. Our choices ( I'm including myself because I might miss her again ) are the reason we aren't there, But on a side note , we still deserve more than 2 days notice. they could have ran it back to back with bb8 instead of concurrent .