[Feedback] JTR back w/ BB8 [MERGE]

Replies

• Buddy
    197 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I think there may be a dissonance here between newer and older players. I’d be interested to see the average length of time playing this game that those have under their belt who are saying there was enough time vs. those who say the opposite. Someone raised a good point earlier that Finn, Kylo & the Vets, not to mention Old Ben, are all Cantina energy.

When I started playing the game, there were two legendary events: Yoda and Palp. Then in the last year we’ve had R2, Thrawn, BB8, CLS and JTR. When most of these events launched, I already had some shards, and even some full characters done. FOST, for ex: When BB8 launched, I had about 100/330 already just because I’d accumulated shards over time. If we imagine about 5 shards a day farming, then I was already 20 days ahead of someone with 0.

While I agree that responsibility needs to be taken for choices made, if you’ve got people saying they didn’t have time because the vets were queued after another necessary character, then you can start to understand some of the vitriol. Also considering the timing and context.
  • Lol to the guy above.

Has a mod actually responded here or we all just talking to each other?
  • @ Buddy i play from late june 2016 as fully f2p and i'm like 250 shards away. could be closer tho but i had to invest cantina energy in CHS so more ppl in guild can farm ROLO shards also i did spend lets say 5 days cantina energy for mods to settle arena squad coz i unlocked CLS in december because i was lazy enough to farm sth to get him 1st time around.

Also just for all these "you had plenty of time" posts i have guilde with over 3mil GP and insane roster who is short for about 50 shards for han atm to unlock Rey as F2P player. So having thousands of crystals stocked in 2 months is ****. Last time Rey was up there was also few "good planers" out here that admitted at the end that they buy at least 25$ crystal pack/ month and they were ready, well that's just not F2P full stop!

Launching Journey with day notice without any hint is just slap in the face for F2P i do understand this is pay to win game and i don't really mind it is like that, but its annoying to read posts from ppl that actually pay for resources on mobile game and than keep bragging about planing and using resources properly or time investment. Just cut the crap really, there is not only 1 aspect in game called "Rey Jedi Training" to focus for 3+ months in case Journey pops up sooner than legendary events regularly do. If there was bb8 event in calendar and some free dates we could speculate about Rey journey and maybe try to invest more to unlock her, but lately monthly calendars are totaly useless. Even if i had lets say 10k crystals i would probably waste them on visas mar or sion instead of 5+ refreshes of cantina/day on Veterans.
    Calculation with ~30% drop rate is crap also, whatever vet i was farming in past 2+months( and for at least 2 months 90% of cantina energy with at least 1 refresh/day was used for vets) wasn't going aver 20%. Last night i refreshed cantina with 100 crystals and ~130 energy stocket so about 250 energy i got 2 or 3 shards for Chewie siming 2/sim so that's really averaging 30%+ right?
    True i didn't farm vets during last Rey journey because i was aware i wont be even close to 5* on vets till it ends instead i used cantina energy to finish Finn to 7*, than i was getting gear ready for CLs and totaly changing arena team. Calculation doesn't include regular energy refreshes to farm gear, meaning that can count only for rosters containing all g11+ chars.
    Mind spelling English is not my 1st language
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    You guys need some real problems if you're so worried about one character in a mobile game. It's no big deal if you don't get her this time around, she's only one team in arena and not even the majority anymore, this coming from a guy from a December 2015 shard. Enjoy life and don't stress out about one character who will likely be overtaken in a few updates.

Do you really think that I don't have real problems? This is a forum exclusively for a mobile game. Why wouldn't I exclusively discuss things about this mobile game here? I have a slight problem with something that's been released, so I'm going to discuss it. I'm not going to mention problems with my life outside this game for obvious reasons. Stop patronizing those of us who won't get her this time.
  • That heroes journey was fun! Jtr is super legit. Well worth the grind.
  • I've got no chance of getting there, need 102 shards for han solo (none paid out for the last 5 days I think :() and 150 odd for Chewie. Sad to miss her in the event but such is life in this game, must admit I am starting to reduce my involvement in it a bit
  • Coming from someone who started January 2017, you have to prioritize your farming if you want to unlock a character during legendary events. My squad arena lingered around 200 during the past year, and I missed out on a lot of free crystals.

I have always missed the first go around for legendaries (CLS, Thrawn, and JTR). When I missed out it killed me, but understood that I’m new and new players aren’t guaranteed the shiny new toy. In this case, I’m barely going to get the Vets finished in time. But I kept farming them, because I knew she’d come back. There’s nobody to blame but yourself if you miss out. Sacrifices have to be made.

In short, if you’re still fairly new, and you haven’t had enough time to get ready, either you farmed incorrectly or simply haven’t invested enough time into the game to get the best characters.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Or you have other stuff in the game that needs addressing, like TB, TW, arena, raids, ship arena and not wanting to put all of that on hold for Rey, who also requires a Legendary character that requires farming and gearing for, is absolutely a legitimate reason to not be ready. It's not incorrect to try to keep up with 99% of the game and be a little upset that the other 1% just randomly comes back and you aren't ready for it.
    Post edited by Ephran on
  • Well, in a couple of months those farming vets will probably all have them. If you have the event now, those who almost have them may be eager to drop money on a character pack so they don't miss out and can match those who did manage to get them. Quite a few in my guild mulling buying a pack as they don't think they will quite make it. Understandable, is a company after all.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Ephran wrote: »
    Or you have other stuff in the game that needs addressing, like TB, TW, arena, raids, ship arena and not wanting to put all of that on hold for Rey, who also requires a Legendary character that requires farming and gearing for, is absolutely a legitimate reason to not be ready. It's not incorrect to try to keep up with 99% of the game and be a little upset that the other 1% just randomly comes back and you aren't ready for it.

Again, this isn’t a problem unique to you. Anyone who has jtr had farm the vets and also had to manage other aspects of the game at the same time, just like you.

That’s why I’ve been saying that it’s all about choice.
    You chose to work on your Tb teams (for example) and not the vets for jtr. Fair enough. Others chose to prioritize the vets at the expense of their Tb teams.

Now they have jtr and you have better Tb teams. Everyone made their choice and we all live with the outcome from that.
  • @Ephran
    In response to what you said to my post, I want you to understand that a) a big part of why I wrote that is in response to the several people in this thread who insisted that farming the vets in time was not possible no matter what they did (even dedicated farming) and b) unlike you there are many players who are 100% on board with how getting a character means focusing and NOT spending crystals on other characters/gear.

What I'm saying is something Im not saying to be a ****, its something Id say to friends or guildmates. You want a character really bad, you should focus on them if you want a good shot at getting them. Thats most likely to get you the result you want. Focus on other chars? Id tell them you might not get that JTR.

Its just fact, and you make it out to be like its impossible to focus on one character but its not. Many FTP have done it. Ive done it. And its given me and many others the results we want so how you can be so upset at people pointing out, reasonable advice? This is a resource management game after all, sacrifice is a part of it; you cant get everything if you dont spend.

And yeah I get that youre upset about the attitude but at least keep in mind how you sound right now to those who actually sacrificed those things you couldnt bare to (talzin, gear, w/e). You sound like you expect to get JTR after 90 days without doing the right work, which is ridiculous. Its like saying, "I want what you guys have (JTR), but I also want those extras i got like Talzin and Stun cuffs". No.

Id take a step back try to understand what sort of game you're playing if I were you.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    MrGrips wrote: »
    @Ephran
    In response to what you said to my post, I want you to understand that a) a big part of why I wrote that is in response to the several people in this thread who insisted that farming the vets in time was not possible no matter what they did (even dedicated farming) and b) unlike you there are many players who are 100% on board with how getting a character means focusing and NOT spending crystals on other characters/gear.

What I'm saying is something Im not saying to be a ****, its something Id say to friends or guildmates. You want a character really bad, you should focus on them if you want a good shot at getting them. Thats most likely to get you the result you want. Focus on other chars? Id tell them you might not get that JTR.

Its just fact, and you make it out to be like its impossible to focus on one character but its not. Many FTP have done it. Ive done it. And its given me and many others the results we want so how you can be so upset at people pointing out, reasonable advice? This is a resource management game after all, sacrifice is a part of it; you cant get everything if you dont spend.

And yeah I get that youre upset about the attitude but at least keep in mind how you sound right now to those who actually sacrificed those things you couldnt bare to (talzin, gear, w/e). You sound like you expect to get JTR after 90 days without doing the right work, which is ridiculous. Its like saying, "I want what you guys have (JTR), but I also want those extras i got like Talzin and Stun cuffs". No.

Id take a step back try to understand what sort of game you're playing if I were you.

That's not at all what I've been saying. I've been saying that randomly bringing a character back because you screwed up is going to cause people to be upset they can't get her. I'm not mad that they brought her back now, I'm annoyed that they brought her back with no notice. But the point I've been making is that it is not easy to get ready for Rey. It requires tons of crystals that most people can't get without money. The people saying otherwise are pretty much just being jerks for no reason at all. In the last 3 days I've spent every Crystal I had for refreshes and gotten 15 chewy shards. That's well over a thousand free crystals for 15 shards. The drop rates have been the same for months. Pretty sure I have every reason to be annoyed. And I have every reason to be mad about someone telling me it's my fault for not being ready.
  • Ephran wrote: »

That's not at all what I've been saying. I've been saying that randomly bringing a character back because you screwed up is going to cause people to be upset they can't get her. I'm not mad that they brought her back now, I'm annoyed that they brought her back with no notice. But the point I've been making is that it is not easy to get ready for Rey. It requires tons of crystals that most people can't get without money. The people saying otherwise are pretty much just being jerks for no reason at all. In the last 3 days I've spent every Crystal I had for refreshes and gotten 15 chewy shards. That's well over a thousand free crystals for 15 shards. The drop rates have been the same for months. Pretty sure I have every reason to be annoyed. And I have every reason to be mad about someone telling me it's my fault for not being ready.

It is your fault for not being ready. You are upset that you were not warned when rey would be returning despite the fact that you knew she would one day return. Luck favors the prepared so if you would rather prepare by grabbing talzin and gear then you might find yourself out of luck when the big events come back. I have rey, I do not have talzin, I hope she was worth it for you.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member

It is your fault for not being ready. You are upset that you were not warned when rey would be returning despite the fact that you knew she would one day return. Luck favors the prepared so if you would rather prepare by grabbing talzin and gear then you might find yourself out of luck when the big events come back. I have rey, I do not have talzin, I hope she was worth it for you.

I'm pretty sure I've said that I'm annoyed at every possible opportunity. I don't think I once said I'm upset that she returned. I've made it abundantly clear that I'm not upset about it so stop telling me to stop overreacting. My reaction is pretty dang mild. Again, this is a forum designed exclusively to talk about this game, I'm annoyed about this game right now, I'm going to talk about that.

I'm pretty sure I've said that I'm annoyed at every possible opportunity. I don't think I once said I'm upset that she returned. I've made it abundantly clear that I'm not upset about it so stop telling me to stop overreacting. My reaction is pretty dang mild. Again, this is a forum designed exclusively to talk about this game, I'm annoyed about this game right now, I'm going to talk about that.

And those of us who disagree with your reasoning are also going to express that.

Dude, you need to stop overreacting about this. I didn't claim you were upset that she returned, you are clearly upset that you didn't get enough of a notice that she would return soon....you poor thing....I have some predictions for you though. In the future, every legendary character will return so if you wan't to own them you need to start focusing on farming them now. Don't wait for a warning, you know they will return in the future so you better start farming right away.
  • I love how people keep saying they are bringing JTR back because of the Sith raid. That has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. They brought her back out of rotation because of the movie drop on DVD/blue ray. Meaning they knew EXACTLY when they were going to do this event and not a freaking peep. Or did Disney forget to tell them the digital release date until last week? Doubtful!!
  • Thats funny @darth im 3 shards away for chewie farming since last event should have tomorrow! Cant wait to far other toons.
  • Farm
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member

Dude, you need to stop overreacting about this. I didn't claim you were upset that she returned, you are clearly upset that you didn't get enough of a notice that she would return soon....you poor thing....I have some predictions for you though. In the future, every legendary character will return so if you wan't to own them you need to start focusing on farming them now. Don't wait for a warning, you know they will return in the future so you better start farming right away.

Thank you for telling me that I don't know how I'm reacting. And thank you for telling me to farm for legendary characters, all of whom I have at 7*. The reason I didn't have the vets yet is because I was farming for the legendaries, and in case you didn't know, you need to have one of them for Rey which was faster and easier to farm KRU than some of the others. And there was Finn who I didn't even have unlocked last time.

I did farm. I'm not upset when they brought her back. It's just a pain in the butt that all these smug jerks who probably already had Finn maxed out last time telling me I screwed up.
  • It takes time man this game is a grind you dont get them the 1st time you will the second hang in there!
  • Duce
    8 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Duce wrote: »
    Not Happy! Been Farming my vets for awhile now. Should have them by the end of the month. But no announcements in the beginning of the month. I could have put more crystals in to have them in time. It’s always been 4 months between not 3? You messed up in November with Thrawn which I lucky was prepared for then you drop him again in December. Hope you do the same with JTR cause I’m not a happy camper today
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Why didn't any of you who aren't ready make sure you secured all the necessary characters the moment you knew what characters you needed? Be proactive not reactive

Sure, along with the other 85 things we need to "be prepared" for in this game, farm for Raids, farm for DSTB, farm for LSTB, farm for EP, Thrawn, CLS, R2, Scoundrels, Bounty Hunters, etc etc etc.

I got JTR the first time. Do you know why?
    Because as soon as the event was announced people speculated that the vets would be required - so I took a chance and farmed them.

Do you think we had nothing else to farm? No other events to prepare for? Were the vets OP characters at the time? No. We all disrupted our farming plans and took a chance on 2 weak characters who were difficult farms JUST IN CASE they were needed. And that gamble paid off.

So, I have no sympathy for people who KNEW exactly what to farm and who KNEW that she would be back soon, yet chose not to farm her and are now complaining about “no notice”

I missed this the first time you wrote. But it’s easy to say coming from a person that has JTR. And you have a lot to say to people are missing out on her this time around. And great Glad you got her first time around. But guess what I was farming vets too first time around. In the shipment store before they where FTP. When they did finally announce it first time around my FO wasn’t strong enough to get BB8 in time. By the time the 1st event was over I had 1 FO to get from 6* to 7*. When I finished that toon I went back to my vets. I didn’t work on any other toons. No other crystals went to gear except a week ago when I had a abundance of crystals and I just unlocked Wampa. Thinking there was no announcement I could buy a gear or two. I am going to miss out on JTR by 3 days. 3.....

Idk about your guild but we are a OK guild with 66M GP who has not been able to complete HAAT yet. We are close but not close enough. We had 3 members farming for JTR and only 1 member is able to unlock her cause he had his 7* BB8 done last time around. We have a right to be abit mad cause we didn’t get enough notice. If we had a little more notice I wouldn’t have bought the gear and bought the shards in shipments instead. I refuse to dump cash for more crystals for CG messing up. I appreciate what they do. I love this game and been playing since close to when this game started. But when we are working to get something for over 3 months to come 3 days to a week for my other guild mate to unlocking JTR to get over the hump for HAAT you have a right to be mad.

For the people that did stray from their focus, I do feel they really don’t have a beef. I’ve been playing this game long enough to know to stay focused on your toons.
  • BBW8
    17 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    I understand the anger about nerfing expose (I'm not happy either), but if you're mad about not having the vets 7*, I got nothing. You knew the event would come back eventually, and you've had months to prepare for it.

I had JTR the first time around. I'm annoyed that they're using this to cover up the expose nerf and complete hash of the raid.
    Thank you for telling me that I don't know how I'm reacting. And thank you for telling me to farm for legendary characters, all of whom I have at 7*. The reason I didn't have the vets yet is because I was farming for the legendaries, and in case you didn't know, you need to have one of them for Rey which was faster and easier to farm KRU than some of the others. And there was Finn who I didn't even have unlocked last time.

I did farm. I'm not upset when they brought her back. It's just a pain in the butt that all these smug jerks who probably already had Finn maxed out last time telling me I screwed up.

You are being pretty disingenuous right now. I can tell that you don't have all the legendary characters at 7* because you claim to need KRU for BB8. I can tell that you have not actually been trying your best to farm rey because you decided to ignore farming the vets for KRU even though you can get other FO toons outside of the cantina. If you really wanted to own rey you would have not bought talzin shards and gear out of shipments and saved it for boosting what you need to farm. If you really wanted to own rey you would have all of the resources you need by now. You can claim to be mad at not having enough notice, other smug players telling you to relax, but at the end of the day you simply failed to meet the minimal requirements necessary to own a character whom you claim to want. I have no sympathy for your situation, I got rey entirely f2p so I am 100% aware of the difficulties it takes to get her. You want to convince me that all of this is somehow unfair to you?
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    BBW8 wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    I understand the anger about nerfing expose (I'm not happy either), but if you're mad about not having the vets 7*, I got nothing. You knew the event would come back eventually, and you've had months to prepare for it.

I had JTR the first time around. I'm annoyed that they're using this to cover up the expose nerf and complete hash of the raid.

a cover up? lmao
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member

You are being pretty disingenuous right now. I can tell that you don't have all the legendary characters at 7* because you claim to need KRU for BB8.

I'm just gonna stop right there because that's ****. Don't you dare call me a liar. I unlocked 7* BB8 today. I have all the others at 7*. I have CLS. I only recently got FOST to 7*, I actually got KRU up long before him. I was hoping that BB8 would be back before now so I wanted to be ready. It was easier to max out KRU than FOST. Thus I went with the better farm. If I hadn't gone for him I might not have gotten BB8 today because FOST is such a long farm.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member

You are being pretty disingenuous right now. I can tell that you don't have all the legendary characters at 7* because you claim to need KRU for BB8.

Yeah I'm gonna stop right there. Don't you dare call me a liar. I have all the legendary characters and CLS 7*. Not even gonna bother reading the rest of whatever you were gonna say. Calling me a liar is exactly the kind poodoo I've been talking about from self righteous jerks like you.
  • Gcdevil
    153 posts Member
    The complaints are meritless if you've really been focused on farming the vets they would be done period.....ive farmed them everyday minimum one refresh per day since release and finished Chewie yesterday while also farming the last star on death trooper in between
  • Nurgle
    252 posts Member
    Farm

Do you know that there is a feature that you can edit posts?

@ topic:

It‘s amazing how all the people say the same thing over and over again. It‘s fact that you had enough time to get JTR if you stayed on target and farmed for her, unless you were to new in the game (or had a long break). Even as free to play.
    But it‘s also fact that the whole situation with communication and timing could‘ve been handled better.
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • Can we please get a credit heist to level up our new toons? I can only get Rey to 76 right now(only have about 3.8 million credits) and still need to do BB8 as well. My last post was deleted as I only had 2.2 million credits and because the level I posted wasn't an acceptable number to post. (I guess they should skip that level altogether then? I wouldn't mind saving a few hundred thousand credits if I can't say the level I did earlier :P )