Wicket/Talzin events (aka Heroic Battles)

I'll just put in my 2 cents worth:

In my opinion, the ATST battle and Defense of Dathomir event was a new, innovative style of event that rewarded spenders with 2-4 zetas a month (bonus tier), and also provided a challenge for those who wished to farm these characters.

However, the one-year drip farm made the community (rightfully too) furious, especially as the only other way to get the characters other than refreshing the event (ONCE maximum) was chromiums.

Due to the large community outrage, CG/EA decided to pull any upcoming character releases via this format and also promised us that the characters in question would be made farmable eventually in a shipment or node.

However, at the same time those who whaled out would wish to keep these events (zetas obviously!) and I'm sure CG/EA would NOT wish to aggravate the marine creatures at SeaWorld (yes, there's a whale server called that).

So here's my suggestion:

Have the events run every week, but award half the number of shards AND make every refresh far cheaper.

Example:

Endor Escalation currently runs once a month, awards 10 shards, and has a refresh cost of 780.

It can be changed to run once a week, award 5 shards, and have a refresh cost of 300.

This way the farming time is reduced to a maximum of 6 months, anyone who wishes to get these faction-defining units can get them by spending a low amount of crystals every week (I mean, we get 500-900 crystals a day so 300 is very low). Everyone benefits, including the whales who get 2-4 free zetas every week.

To put it in perspective I'm a rich dolphin (900 crystals pd) and just got wicket 7* out of shipments and the occasional refresh.

https://swgoh.gg/anzgc-flyingfalcon/

Replies

• (I mean, we get 500-900 crystals a day.
    Lol.
    Not everyone ranks 1st in either arenas, you know.
    Btw, that's a nice suggestion! It has been mentioned before but suggestions are generally disregarded here tbh.

• Peer
    299 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Actually I want these characters to stay unobtainable via node farming. I spent money on them and NS are already countered easily by F2P-friendly Empire. In the new raid NS do not perform that good. So no need to make them available for F2P because there is no benefit for F2P other than having an additional squad for TB/TW.

Although I would really enjoy 2-4 zetas extra per week I do not think this is a good idea since this would yield me ~3 full zetas per month and no F2P can really want me to have so many zetas.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to Feedback >> events.
    (I mean, we get 500-900 crystals a day.
    Lol.
    Btw, that's a nice suggestion! It has been mentioned before but suggestions are generally disregarded here tbh.

The ironic part is he is talking about direct feedback that was taken from the forums.... almost as if they do listen.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Lol.

The ironic part is he is talking about direct feedback that was taken from the forums.... almost as if they do listen.

Kyno is killing it today. Cheers!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Lol.

After the whales had paid first, in all fairness.