58lvl, no Phoenix, lots of questions)

Hello, first of all - link on my collection:
https://swgoh.gg/u/metlazhizni/

For some strange reason when I started I decieded that Phoenix team sucks, and instead build Nightsisters Sauad (you know, because they are fancy girls in red dresses). So now i’m lvl 58 and not sure what to do with:

Arena sqad:
I’ve managed to get in 100-200, but what to go higher. I’m ok with spending some cash, so i’m thinking about buying some crystals and star buying Mother Telzin from shipments to get her to 3-4 stars and replace Talia (everyone here says she sucks, althought I love her utilites on constant healing and saving Old Daka on though spots). But maybe I should spend crystals on Zombie instead? Or replace NS Acolyte (right after i’ve collected 100 shards for 7* :-))

Upcoming ship arena:
I’m farming Jedi Consul right now, as i’ve heard he is a steady choice, also I can pull GW each day, so was buying some Biggs shards and Resistance pilot. And I have 5* Vader, heard he is good there. But really I have no idea how to prepare for fleet arena:)

Mods:
My mods are terrible, but there’s a reason for it: because of this strange think in mods shop right now, I’ve stopped spending any cash on anything, but buying 4+dots speed arrows, or 5 dots golden mods with speed secondary. Is this a good idea?

Scoundrels:
I made a mistake here too, so I can’t pull tier2 credit heist. Farming boba from hard nodes right now, but also need an advice:)

Thank you for any advices you can give, including “Focus Phoenix@:))

Replies

• Well the good news is those mods will serve you well for a good while.

As for squad arena - I'm guessing you're in a newer shard - NS built properly can go all the way up. 5 of the top 10 in my shard are NS teams. You're gonna need Talzin and the Zombie though. And NS is definitely not F2P friendly.

Fleet - JC is ok, vader is good but you need his ship which can be hard to come by early. When you unlock fleet at 60 you're pretty much limited to using what you have. Probably JC, Clone sergeant, geno, tie, resistance pilot.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Hey there, lvl 64, and managed to achieve rank1 today in fleet arena (but it was with careful time management, have only 47k fleet power, when some people have 60k+).
    Bought 5 speed arrows and started to spend credits on heroes (dropped to arena rank 200-500).
    Question about cantina - I’ve got Kylo and his ship to 4*, and now farming Tie pilot (55 shards to 4* looks better than 65* on Kylo). Is it a good decision or should I focus on Kylo? Also my JC is 5*, should I farm hard nodes to get him to 7* or this is a bad investment?
    And last one- what should I do with guild currency? Got 6k but don’t know what to do with it.
    Thanks!
  • I'd split between TFP and KRU. Unless you mean Kylo and his command shuttle, in which case I'd just stick with TFP.
  • Yeah it’s unmasked Kylo. Also there is an offer Masked Kylo with shuttle and crew for 50$. Worth it? Another options are Bobba+ship and Kasiian with U-wing and crew.
  • As F2P I wouldn't buy any of those - but if you're inclined to spend, Boba is a safe bet.
  • Thank you for your help!
  • As I have always said, this game is based around the event characters. (Thrawn, Jedi Rey, BB8, CLS, R2-D2, Palpatine, Grandmaster Yoda)

For your arena team, I would stay with the nightsisters, and as Trystan said try to get Talzein as she is the main difference in the success of your squad. If you plan on going the Talzein route, stop putting effort into Talia as she is the most useless of the Nightsisters, despite her heal.

Preparing for the future, I would begin building a squad to get ONE of these legendary characters. You won't be able to get JTR or CLS because of level, but here are listed out the rest of them:

Grand Admiral Thrawn- Absolutely fantastic character who is still a main stay in the top teams in my arena (My shard is from early 2016) However, he requires 5 phoenix squad characters which is completely different from what you have been farming.

Pros- Great Turn Meter control, Great Leader Ability, Fracture is amazing, Solid Damage/Health/Protect.
    Cons- Requires Phoenix Squad, no others will work.

Emperor Palpatine-The Meta Leader right now, the single best leader for Empire/Sith mix teams. Perfect pair with your Vader. Requires 5 5* rebels, any rebels.

Pros- Fantastic Stuns, Debuffs, and Leader for Sith/Empire. Can Stun a whole team by himself.
    Cons- Really squishy. Has to be protected by a good tank or he will not last long.
    Sidenote- If you decide to go Phoenix squad for Thrawn, those characters also work for Palp (they're rebels)

BB8- Solid Character with high damage, counterattacks, and buffs. NEEDED FOR JTR Requires 5 5* First Order Characters.

Pros-High damage, Lots of Buffs, Fast as all hell, Pairs well with resistance, needed for best character in game (JTR)
    Cons- Requires First Order, which is one of the harder farms. Phasma can come from GW, but Kylo (both masked and unmasked), and FOO are in Cantina, and you have a head start on Unmasked. The 5th has to come from a hard node farm- Either FOTFP, FOST, or guild event currency for FOSFTP.

R2-D2- One of the first "meta-defining" characters. NEEDED FOR CLS. Requires 5 5* Empire

Pros-Lots of Stuns, Stealth for team except one you choose, decent damage, lots of bonuses for other team members.
    Cons- Empire would be a turn of focus for you, you'd have to buff up Vader (who you can only get through achievements and Ship Battle Shipments), and get Tarkin geared up, RG up to 5 * and geared up, and TFP to 5* and geared up. you will need one more but that is up to you.

Grandmaster Yoda- This is the only legendary character that, as of right now, won't make your team much stronger due to how weak jedi are to everyone else right now. Requires 5 5* Jedi.

Pros- Consistent Foresight, Good AOE, Steals buffs and gives them and tenacity up to all teamates, Good leader ability for jedi against Palp.
    Cons- Less than optimal damage, and a jedi. Until we get a Jedi rework (which may or may not be coming soon) I wouldn't recommend dropping everything to chase him.

Let Me know if you have any more questions!
  • For people asking about fleet purchases, I am a f2p and I regret not buying kylo shuttle. It is one of the best support ships, and when paired with some long cd ships with his cooldown (Bobba) he can get you rank 1. Ofc his cd reset works on anyone. Bobba is good but you will eventually get him. When i got him I was already top 20. Now I am top 5. Bobba helps, but my ace is KRU. forget TFP and go KRU. His shard drop is insane, took me a bit over 2 weeks to 7 star ship and KRU. properly set up. He can oneshot ANYONE (even a full hp biggs). Biggest crit I had with him was 60k and this was before I 7starred him or KRU. Now I am working on TFP.
  • MetlaZhizni
    46 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Lakson, thanks for insight, i’ll consider bying shuttle, but i’m risking to get into weapon race: top 3 fleets of my shard already spent 100-150$ on buying ships:(

Also new problem: i’m bying 3x cantina and 3x energy refreshers per day, so now lvl 66, and I can’t complete GW: the opponents became lvl 70+, and I don’t have enought credits to keep up my NS team. And that’s really awful, because almost all the creds I get I revive from GW. Maybe lvling so fast was a bad idea?
  • Lakson, thanks for insight, i’ll consider bying shuttle, but i’m risking to get into weapon race: top 3 fleets of my shard already spent 100-150$ on buying ships:(

Also new problem: i’m bying 3x cantina and 3x energy refreshers per day, so now lvl 66, and I can’t complete GW: the opponents became lvl 70+, and I don’t have enought credits to keep up my NS team. And that’s really awful, because almost all the creds I get I revive from GW. Maybe lvling so fast was a bad idea?

When your top 5 get stronger you will finish GW everyday. With mods, skills, levels and gear every faction can complete GW. Altough 1 or 2 battles may be difficult then you can send in kamikaze squads before so they use up their prime skills on your cannonfodder first and so on. Around lvl 75-77 you can kill off GW very fast couse most opponents are lvl 85 but bad mods, gear, and synergies.

• Yeah, because of fast leveling and buying mods I couldn’t keep up my Top 5 lvled, because i didn’t get enought creds. And until that I could complete GW every day, and now not. No GW - no credits, so now it’s even harder to catch up)
  • Lakson, thanks for insight, i’ll consider bying shuttle, but i’m risking to get into weapon race: top 3 fleets of my shard already spent 100-150$ on buying ships:(

Glanced at your swgoh and found the issue: mods. Drop everything and focus on getting good mods. For now you can start with just getting 30 5star mods, and just because you will move these to your fleet pilots eventually. Good mods are what make top 100 players. You should read on what quality mods are, my boss is glancing at me his threat metter is slowly filling up as he realises I am getting paid to write guides.
    NS can clear GW on auto as soon as you get those mods. If you lack the creds to do so, buying a cred pack is more worth for you than the shuttle. Without mods your ships will suffer as well.
    Getting KRU ship is enough to place you in top 20. I am a f2p, got no shuttle and I can take rank 1, if bad RNG then top 5 at least. If you are not a spender and 40$ is a big amount, like it was for me, then simply dont. You can still be on the top, just going to need a bit more time for it.
    My fleet roster is KRU, Ghost/phantom, wiggs/vader, with slave/TIE/whatever as backup. All f2p, Just focus on getting KRU. And even more importantly, get quality mods. I understand the credit crunch is real, but you just have to go trough it, I did too. We all do really.

• Actually this is a great advice: I have 5 5-dot speed arrows, and some other 5-dots, so i’ll try to upgrade them. So many ways to spend credits: lvls, stars, mods, just struggling to right one)

For fleer arena I’m in top 5, and trying to make my best to stay there)
  • Actually this is a great advice: I have 5 5-dot speed arrows, and some other 5-dots, so i’ll try to upgrade them. So many ways to spend credits: lvls, stars, mods, just struggling to right one)

mods are by far the most important. Good luck!
  • LaksonVell wrote: »
    Actually this is a great advice: I have 5 5-dot speed arrows, and some other 5-dots, so i’ll try to upgrade them. So many ways to spend credits: lvls, stars, mods, just struggling to right one)

and the beauty (at least for pilots) is that stats on said mods are irrelevant - get some 5*, level em to 15 and win!
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    Actually this is a great advice: I have 5 5-dot speed arrows, and some other 5-dots, so i’ll try to upgrade them. So many ways to spend credits: lvls, stars, mods, just struggling to right one)

and the beauty (at least for pilots) is that stats on said mods are irrelevant - get some 5*, level em to 15 and win!

While it’s true that ships benefit from any 5* mods leveled to max regardless of skills increased, the cost of half a million credits to level each one is significant. In order to preserve credits, I would only upgrade mods with speed on them at level 1. I’m at a point now where I won’t upgrade a mod to max unless it has at least 10 speed on it. It’s good to remember that leveling mods to 12 reveals their final secondary stats and is less expensive than leveling a mod from 12 to 15.
  • Mahbrethir
    234 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    As I have always said, this game is based around the event characters. (Thrawn, Jedi Rey, BB8, CLS, R2-D2, Palpatine, Grandmaster Yoda)
    ...(EDITED FOR POST LENGTH)...

Let Me know if you have any more questions!

Somebody give this man a medal. Seriously. We need more people like you that are just straight up helpful.
  • Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    LaksonVell wrote: »

While it’s true that ships benefit from any 5* mods leveled to max regardless of skills increased, the cost of half a million credits to level each one is significant. In order to preserve credits, I would only upgrade mods with speed on them at level 1. I’m at a point now where I won’t upgrade a mod to max unless it has at least 10 speed on it. It’s good to remember that leveling mods to 12 reveals their final secondary stats and is less expensive than leveling a mod from 12 to 15.

Also a very good point.
  • MetlaZhizni
    46 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Hey there, want to thank you for the mods advice: i’ve modded up my NS team, and problem with GW resolves, also returned to 100-200 arena rank.
    Moreover, managed to steal rank 1 in fleet battles, spending 50 crystals for refresh.

And, as usual new questions:
    For fleet arena I have a solid team of 5 ships (KRU, Biggs, JC, TIE and FOTIE) investing mainly in KRU and Biggs. But my backup isn’t so good. I’ve stocked up 12k of guild currency, so can start building FOSFTIE is it a good or bad choice for guild currency? Also maybe some advice of what ships to farm? Even thinking on farming Phoenix with ships, as they can be useful to get Trawn/Palp.
    Getting all the Vader ship shards but they are extremely rare) also bying Bobba ship shards from time to time, because i will be upgrading him for credit heist.

And for Mother Talzin- is she viable in end-game? Getting her even to 4* would be 6400 crystals, that’s really huge. Worth it? Any chance she could be F2P farmable in near future?
  • I love FOSFTie. Basic has TL on crit, AoE with TM removal, and also special that does ability block while gaining TM and calling ally AND ignores protection.

Plus pilot and ship come from guild currency so don't really interfere with farms
  • Hey there, want to thank you for the mods advice: i’ve modded up my NS team, and problem with GW resolves, also returned to 100-200 arena rank.
    Moreover, managed to steal rank 1 in fleet battles, spending 50 crystals for refresh.

And, as usual new questions:
    For fleet arena I have a solid team of 5 ships (KRU, Biggs, JC, TIE and FOTIE) investing mainly in KRU and Biggs. But my backup isn’t so good. I’ve stocked up 12k of guild currency, so can start building FOSFTIE is it a good or bad choice for guild currency? Also maybe some advice of what ships to farm? Even thinking on farming Phoenix with ships, as they can be useful to get Trawn/Palp.
    Getting all the Vader ship shards but they are extremely rare) also bying Bobba ship shards from time to time, because i will be upgrading him for credit heist.

And for Mother Talzin- is she viable in end-game? Getting her even to 4* would be 6400 crystals, that’s really huge. Worth it? Any chance she could be F2P farmable in near future?

FOSF TIE is something I've been farming from guild store. I think it's a worthwhile farm since either the character or the ship is always there and the character can be also used later in a first order lineup to get BB8.

For which ships to farm, I would recommend at least 5 dark side ships (for getting Tarkin's capital ship to 5*) and if you eventually want Thrawn's ship you'll want 5 Rebel ships (not just light side, specifically Rebel), including Ghost and Phantom.

Mother Talzin is viable in a Nightsisters team, but very difficult to obtain for a free player. In my opinion she's not worth paying crystals for unless you plan to keep a Nightsisters team in arena.
  • I do not think fosftie is a great choice. Yes it's possible, but what I am using my guild currency is Jyn Erso, Rex and raid gear. Jyn for casian's u wing which will be needed for thrawn ship, rex to counter the now-every-shard meta empire team. For my FO team I am using KRU, Fo pilot, phasma, officer and kylo. FO pilot is the hardest farm by far (2 hard nodes, about 4-6 shards daily), but another bb8 wont come for at least 2 months.
    Only capital ships viable endgame are tarking and thrawn. Mace is no way, squid can make it on offense, if you are realy tryharding him I am definitely going for thrawns. I strongly suggest putting some phoenixes together.
  • Hey, everyone, this thread is starring to look my SWGOH blog) Lvl 70 already, 1st in fleet arena for a week, and that’s because of you, guys)

So, I’m really worried about this trawn thing. Looks like the event would be soon, and, as I understand, I need 5 7* Phoenix to get hero, and also ships for the Chimera. I could achieve this, but looks like it’ll take around 1 month of my resources totally dedicated to Phoenix.
    So the question is: can Tarkin compete with trawn? If people in my shard would start getting Chimera is it possible to beat them? If I’ll go on with my plan eventually i’ll have a fleet of KRU, 3 TiE+Vader, Biggs and Bobba. Also JC and, maybe Kylo’s command shuttle (only on 4*).

Also thinking about making FO an arena team, but this would require a huge resource investment in Kylo command shuttle crew.
  • Hey, everyone, this thread is starring to look my SWGOH blog) Lvl 70 already, 1st in fleet arena for a week, and that’s because of you, guys)

So, I’m really worried about this trawn thing. Looks like the event would be soon, and, as I understand, I need 5 7* Phoenix to get hero, and also ships for the Chimera. I could achieve this, but looks like it’ll take around 1 month of my resources totally dedicated to Phoenix.
    So the question is: can Tarkin compete with trawn? If people in my shard would start getting Chimera is it possible to beat them? If I’ll go on with my plan eventually i’ll have a fleet of KRU, 3 TiE+Vader, Biggs and Bobba. Also JC and, maybe Kylo’s command shuttle (only on 4*).

Also thinking about making FO an arena team, but this would require a huge resource investment in Kylo command shuttle crew.

Chimera is the best capital ship - hands down.

Tarkin is second best.
  • If you’re winning now with Executrix, you’ll keep winning against Chimera. It’s something to aim for eventually, but no need to worry if you can’t get it next time it shows up.

There are videos where tarkin ship still beat thrawn ship. U can check them out. Also at the same time..i have heard that if u upgrade all of of chimaera abiltity u will win again executrix nearly every time. So yea..its a double edged sword
  • Very few people at your level will get chimaera this time round - I'm in a very slightly older shard than you and I count 4 people in the top 50 (including me) who will even have the ships to attempt it. Someone might pick it up but it won't be enough to severely disadvantage you
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299