People, chill with zFinn in HAAT

Prev1
Tanzos
219 posts Member
I keep seeing people say zFinn is nerfed for HAAT. Expose literally is NOT what made them good. It was the INFINITE LOOPS OF TURNS that got high numbers. Rey going like 100 times will do way more than expose. So go ahead, don't zeta Finn for HAAT cause you're literally missing one of THE best zetas in the game just because expose does 0.002% less damage on HAAT.

Replies

• Would love to see your math behind the fact that this would not greatly impact zFinn squad results in HAAT! Yes agree the exposes speed up the squad by a huge amount but popping exposes is also a huge portion of the damage dealt by the squad in HAAT as well. I haven't done the math but intend to and would not be surprised to see zFinn squads damage reduced by about ~30% in HAAT with this change.
  • Zfinn was already a hit or miss team for HAAT, since you have to pass the 80% chance to expose after you pass the tenacity check.

True Finn mechanics is more about tm feed but the damage added by the exposes are very much needed, especially for smaller guilds who are trying to master it still.

If you have BB8 Finn teams become significantly better due to the tenacity down and illuminate destiny. But I can still do more reliable damage with Princess Zody team

• jpierrard17
    172 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @Flugsvamp Nice we have a few members with Princess Zodys but haven't put up massive numbers. Whats an avg score in HAAT you get with your squad (and what phase(s))
  • Yeah as a guild officer in a guild that has not beaten a HAAT before, I feel bad telling my guildmates to get Finn. We are going to need every point of damage we can get and this has probably set us back a few weeks.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Yeah as a guild officer in a guild that has not beaten a HAAT before, I feel bad telling my guildmates to get Finn. We are going to need every point of damage we can get and this has probably set us back a few weeks.

i don't think it will have that much of an impact on the damage output. Probably like 10% less dmg. The difference between a good run and a bad run is way more than 10% with zFinn resistance due the team being rather RNG dependent. Ofcourse retreating over and over could make every logged run a good run, but that's time consuming.
    Still sucks that you're gonna do less dmg ofcourse, but it's not as bad of a nerf as it is for the sith raid (due to boss health).

Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    I think the biggest impact will be in trying to topple the tank in P2 and P4. I use Finn/Poe/Rey/RT/RP to add some damage in P2 (JTR/R2/BB8 all get used in P3/P4) and it's already tough to topple the tank, this will probably mean I can't do it anymore.

With that said I do maybe 1m of my 15-18m with that team so I'm not too concerned, but I feel for those who need zFinn for their damage. They should have left HAAT alone.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Even if I can still clear P4 of hAAT, it will take longer. So... nope. Not happy.
  • Tanzos wrote: »
    just because expose does 0.002% less damage on HAAT.

I agree that zFinn is still good, but check your math, it's 50% less expose damage.
  • Tanzos wrote: »
    just because expose does 0.002% less damage on HAAT.

I agree that zFinn is still good, but check your math, it's 50% less expose damage.

When they said they were going to nerf it they calculated that expose counted for something like .05% of a Zfinn team's damage on HAAT, which means that cutting expose in half reduces overall damage of a Zfinn team by .025%... negligible.

This change has not impacted Zfinn teams on the HAAT at all. It really only makes a difference in the new raid.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Possible. I'll believe it after I have a chance to try it and see if I can no longer topple the tank.

And to be clear I'm not complaining. If that's the case I'll just have to improve my team's gear levels, which aren't that great.

But it's not true to say this won't have any impact on HAAT. For some that will be true, for others, not so much.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    Possible. I'll believe it after I have a chance to try it and see if I can no longer topple the tank.

And to be clear I'm not complaining. If that's the case I'll just have to improve my team's gear levels, which aren't that great.

But it's not true to say this won't have any impact on HAAT. For some that will be true, for others, not so much.

I disagree, if it only affects overall damage by 1/4 of 1%, it won't impact anyone.
  • Who is "they"? Where did "they" say that?
    Expose damage is waaaaay more than 0.05% of total damage in HAAT, it's much closer to 50%.

This makes a difference in EVERY raid, not just the new one.
  • Who is "they"? Where did "they" say that?
    Expose damage is waaaaay more than 0.05% of total damage in HAAT, it's much closer to 50%.

"they" is the dev post where they said they were going to nerf expose. "They" listed how much damage expose counts for as a % of overall damage, and they (dev) said it was about .05% of damage on HAAT by a Zfinn resistance team.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

I disagree, if it only affects overall damage by 1/4 of 1%, it won't impact anyone.

Once again, my Res have trouble toppling the tank in P2 more than a few times. If the exposes don't land on the turrets then I'm in big trouble. So by cutting the expose damage in half, yeah it's gonna affect me, because (potentially) I won't be able to topple the tank at all and my 1m damage goes to zero.

What am I missing here?
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    edited March 2018

A few people posted screenshots of their total damage vs individual damage for each toon. The difference in the totals is the damage done by expose. It's way less than 50%, IIRC it was closer to 5-10%

The 0.05% number is not right, but neither is the 50% right.

Either the dev was wrong or his post was misunderstood/misremembered by Woodroward.

• TVF wrote: »

A few people posted screenshots of their total damage vs individual damage for each toon. The difference in the totals is the damage done by expose. It's way less than 50%, IIRC it was closer to 5-10%

Either the dev was wrong or his post was misunderstood/misremembered by Woodroward.

I could have misremembered it, but I'm almost positive the amount was less than a %. I went looking for it to double check, but I am horrible at finding posts on this forum. lol
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Who is "they"? Where did "they" say that?

"they" is the dev post where they said they were going to nerf expose. "They" listed how much damage expose counts for as a % of overall damage, and they (dev) said it was about .05% of damage on HAAT by a Zfinn resistance team.

Well... assuming they actually said that, it's wrong. In fact, it's off by about a factor of 100. (yes... two orders of magnitude) I just ran the numbers from a screenshot of one of my hAAT P4 solos. In that particular run, expose accounts for right at 14.5% of the damage in that phase, which makes it just over 4% of the total health for the entire raid.

That's certainly not even remotely close to the 50% of total damage claimed by @DarkstarSunrise . But neither is it anywhere near the .05% as stated by @Woodroward .

Seriously, do people ever fact check anything?
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    As someone who runs zfinn in tank, I don't expect this to affect me at all. "Zfinn lead is more about TM feed" is an understatement. Its all about TM feed.

I think that expose does help kill the turrets, but I dont think the devs are changing the way expose affects mobs (like the turrets) in raids, so yea.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    MrGrips wrote: »
    I think that expose does help kill the turrets, but I dont think the devs are changing the way expose affects mobs (like the turrets) in raids, so yea.

That's a good point I forgot about, IIRC they said raid bosses would be affected. And if that's the case, then yeah I don't think this makes a huge difference.

We have HAAT tonight so I'll find out soon enough!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I believe MrGrips is correct, toppling remains just as difficult/easy as it was before.
    MrGrips wrote: »

That's a good point I forgot about, IIRC they said raid bosses would be affected. And if that's the case, then yeah I don't think this makes a huge difference.

We have HAAT tonight so I'll find out soon enough!

Please let us know how you fare.
  • Keep in mind that they cut the damage from Expose in half. The percent that it makes up of total damage is debatable, but what is not is the 50% reduction in damage from Expose.

My guild just tried HAAT for the third time (and stalled in Phase 4). My Resistance squad did 1,696,125 in damage. 410,895 of that was from Expose for about 25% of damage.
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    I believe MrGrips is correct, toppling remains just as difficult/easy as it was before.

Yeah, turrets don’t take reduced damage so shouldn’t change toppling at all.

I do think that zFinn teams will be impacted more than RJT teams in HAAT. I went back and looked at some of my better HAAT scores and expose accounted for 19% in my highest zFinn, RT, RP, Scav Rey, and Poe run (8.6m). Expose was 19.5% in my best zFinn, BB8, RT, RP and Poe run (11.9m). Expose was only 11% in my best RJT, BB8, R2, CLS, and GAT run (28.4m).

I wouldn’t expect my runs to be too far from the norm but who knows.
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Yeah, expose did damage equal to 0.0004% (soon to be 0.0002%) of the Raid Boss's total health. But the turrets are just like any other character, their expose is the same as anything else since their total health isn't like 30 million or something like a Raid Boss. Topple should be the same still, turn meter gain is the same, RNG is the same, cool down is the same. You'll just probably do about 9% less damage overall in the end.

Still worth the zeta is my point.
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Did the update go live yet? HAAT today seemed just like it’s always been.

I would like to see his numbers. I've run mine on all the raids we have done since mid February, and my expose damage is anywhere between 20-30% of my total damage. With the nerf to expose (50%), I'm projected to do about 1 million less damage per run
    Obi-Wan: "It's over, Anakin. I have the high ground."
    Vader: "You underestimate my power."
    Obi-Wan: "Don't try it."

Discord: Ringer#6983
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    Rizn wrote: »

Not sure if the changes are already live, but did HAAT two days ago and no matter how many times i restarted i could not topple the Tank in Phase 2 nearly as fast as I use too (was taking forever) with my non-bb8 zFinn team. So I gave up using resistance for that HAAT and just waited until P3/P4 to use different teams... most everyone hates doing P3 in our guild. Now Phase 2 might make the hate list. Will see what it's like next time.
  • Last night I ran zzRJT(no zeta on leader, I know, I know, it's coming), zFinn, zR2, ScavRey and RT in Phase 2 of Teir 3 the Sith raid.

Total damage was 4,343,001.

2,373,137 of that was from Expose.
    image.png?width=831&height=468
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Anrath wrote: »
    Rizn wrote: »

Not sure if the changes are already live, but did HAAT two days ago and no matter how many times i restarted i could not topple the Tank in Phase 2 nearly as fast as I use too (was taking forever) with my non-bb8 zFinn team. So I gave up using resistance for that HAAT and just waited until P3/P4 to use different teams... most everyone hates doing P3 in our guild. Now Phase 2 might make the hate list. Will see what it's like next time.

as has been said before, the changes shouldn't affect the ability to topple.
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    And yet it did.
    At least for hours on the day we attempted it:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1491064/#Comment_1491064

Unless you are saying the changes have not yet gone live?