EP lead zeta question

Antares
686 posts Member
Quick question:

The lead Zeta of Emperor Palpatine reads:
When a debuff on an enemy expires, Empire and Sith allies gain 5% Turn Meter

What does "expire" mean? Really only when a debuff expires, or also when it is cleansed. So, for example: I have shock on my toons from the EP Basic which lasts for three turns. Do the enemy Sith/Empire toons also gain TM when I cleanse it with GK/Rex/etc. or only when it expires after the three turns?

thanks!

Replies

• Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Antares wrote: »
    Quick question:

What does "expire" mean? Really only when a debuff expires, or also when it is cleansed. So, for example: I have shock on my toons from the EP Basic which lasts for three turns. Do the enemy Sith/Empire toons also gain TM when I cleanse it with GK/Rex/etc. or only when it expires after the three turns?

thanks!

They will get 5%TM if it gets cleansed or dispelled (or if it expires).
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    Quick question:

thanks!

Or die with the debuff
  • scuba wrote: »
    Quick question:

thanks!

Or die with the debuff

No. When they die, you don’t get TM
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    scuba wrote: »
    Quick question:

thanks!

Or die with the debuff

Yes they do. If an opposing hero dies with 3 debuffs, there will be a 15% tm gain. Death is considered an expiration.
  • Nebulous wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Quick question:

thanks!

Or die with the debuff

Yes they do. If an opposing hero dies with 3 debuffs, there will be a 15% tm gain. Death is considered an expiration.

How come that I have never seen that... hmmmm. Need to test this
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    I don't know. It easy to test if you have ep lead so you can control a death. Or if you can take video to watch the replay.
  • Ok. I was wrong, you actually do get TM. It was just not obvious to me since your TM bar moves after someone dies anyway.
  • Interesting. I didn't realise it worked like that.
    I am about 3 days away from my next Zeta and has not considered EP lead as worth a Zeta. With this squad all 7* except Thrawn - EP lead (unique Z, G11), Vader (G12), GMT (unique Z G11), DN (G12) and Thrawn (6* G10) what would you zeta next? EP lead or either Vader, DN or Thrawn's uniques?
    Any advice gratefully received.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    I believe it also works when the debuff is over written. I.e. Opposing DV goes first and gets Health Down from my DN. After DV Force Crush, he will gain 100% TM and go next but gain Health Down again. The over written Health Down debuff will give my team 5% TM.
  • Debuffs expire when:
    1) the listed duration listed in the ability that inflicted them is reached
    2) when they are removed by an ally (including self) who uses an ability that dispels debuffs (commonly referred to as cleansing)
    3) when attacked with an ability that dispels enemy debuffs (Vader's culling blade, Boba's execute)
    4) when effected unit is defeated
    For expose and stagger, they also expire when they are triggered.
    All those methods will give EP TM. I've tested them all.
  • Palp lead is absolutely worth the zeta
  • I think I will Zeta EP as it sounds like a much better ability than I thought plus he can lead Sith & Empire teams . Thanks for the good clear explanations on this thread. If only everyone's posts could be like these!
  • I think I will Zeta EP as it sounds like a much better ability than I thought plus he can lead Sith & Empire teams . Thanks for the good clear explanations on this thread. If only everyone's posts could be like these!

Both of EP’s zetas are priorities over Vader’s unique. Sion works great in that squad even at 4*. I’d zeta him after EP lead. Vader gets all the speed w/o the zeta so it didn’t add much to my squad.