Under 18s and guild orders (not chat but orders/messages)

In a game that is growing to rely more and more on guild strategy and organisation, is it not about time they allowed minors to see the guild messages/orders.

I understand that the purpose of preventing them from seeing guild chat is to protect them from offensive material and avoid the risks of grooming, etc. but with Territory Wars and the new Sith raid, this is surely causing more and more young players to be booted out of guilds due to not following guild orders.

This is a terrible situation all round as they have no way of knowing what they're doing wrong and have probably been thrown out of guilds previously and will likely find the same happens again.

We have a player right now who has been attacking raids early since joining a week or so ago and we had hoped they may spot patterns of play and identify that we all were zero posting in first 24 hours, etc. but they haven't recognised them meaning they will likely be removed at the end of this Territory Battle so as not to hinder us during the next Territory War where it's very unlikely they'd pick up our squad allocation rules.

Is there any chance that CG could offer the option for pre-formatted messages that guild officers or leaders could issue that are visible to all. This removes the opportunity for offensive messaging, etc. but would allow simple instructions like:

"Only post zero damage within first 24 hours"
"Raid is now FFA"
"In this zone, only [insert mechanic or faction type]"

Replies

• Yes please. That would make things so much easier.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    +1
  • Mattikin wrote: »
    In a game that is growing to rely more and more on guild strategy and organisation, is it not about time they allowed minors to see the guild messages/orders.

I understand that the purpose of preventing them from seeing guild chat is to protect them from offensive material and avoid the risks of grooming, etc. but with Territory Wars and the new Sith raid, this is surely causing more and more young players to be booted out of guilds due to not following guild orders.

This is a terrible situation all round as they have no way of knowing what they're doing wrong and have probably been thrown out of guilds previously and will likely find the same happens again.

We have a player right now who has been attacking raids early since joining a week or so ago and we had hoped they may spot patterns of play and identify that we all were zero posting in first 24 hours, etc. but they haven't recognised them meaning they will likely be removed at the end of this Territory Battle so as not to hinder us during the next Territory War where it's very unlikely they'd pick up our squad allocation rules.

Is there any chance that CG could offer the option for pre-formatted messages that guild officers or leaders could issue that are visible to all. This removes the opportunity for offensive messaging, etc. but would allow simple instructions like:

"Only post zero damage within first 24 hours"
    "Raid is now FFA"
    "In this zone, only [insert mechanic or faction type]"

Don't get your hopes up... This has been asked for as much as removing challenge gear from raids. EA/CG apparently has no incentive to fix this (no monetary gain for EA/CG), therefore it won't be.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Mattikin wrote: »
    I understand that the purpose of preventing them from seeing guild chat is to protect them from offensive material and avoid the risks of grooming, etc.

Do you?

• Would be nice, lost count of how many minors we ended up booting because this was not possible.

I can still see the issue though that clearly such messages could contain stuff they are supposed to be getting protected from. I suppose a list of common curated messages such as (24 hour zero) but the demand for list additions would be endless.

They could, I would have thought, put a prohibit flag on raids at least for officers to turn on and off the same as TB/TW, that alone would have saved a dozen or so people from getting kicked from our guild.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Mattikin wrote: »
    I understand that the purpose of preventing them from seeing guild chat is to protect them from offensive material and avoid the risks of grooming, etc.

Do you?

There's a reputation exposure issue where if someone was affected by something that was said to them via this app it would likely be reported in a way that harms CG, EA and Disney.

As such, I understand them looking to prevent that from happening. My suggestion was just that there should be another option, I like the one suggested by thomssi though still feel the need Territory Wars ones as well (e.g. deploy [faction or ability mechanic] here).