Sabine's Darksaber Strike : WAI?

Hello all :)

Is Sabine's Darksaber Strike working as intended?
I've heard some say that it isn't and others that it is.
A definite answer from a dev would be appreciated. ;)

Replies

• Options
    If you want people to answer, you need to be more specific about what aspect of the ability you are questioning.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    I'm assuming what's being questioned is whether or not the Armor Shred debuf is actually stacking as described in the ability's text, since it never gets a number applied to it like other stacking buffs/debuffs do.
  • Options
    Minowara wrote: »
    If you want people to answer, you need to be more specific about what aspect of the ability you are questioning.
    Fair enough. :)
    Does it stack and, if yes, does each stack remove 50% Defense?
  • Options
    It's a very hard thing to test, but I don't see any reason it wouldn't stack. The one thing I could see maybe messing with it is stuff that increases defence (like Sith Trooper's Unique). Would the removal be counted against his total defence, so still requiring 2 hits; or would he be counted as having 200% defence, requiring 4 hits to take him down to 0%?

Some clarification would be nice.
  • Options
    That's hard to judge, and made me question it is as well, in p2 of sith raid today, I ran phoenix.. I hit sion with 4-5 armor shreds and only really noticed a "bump" in damage after first 2.. hmm (insert thinking face)
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Whe I first got her, I tried to eyeball it and it appeared to increase damage each use. But I didnt write it down or anything.

To test it you cant use ezra because he has stacking offense unique so it will naturally make damage go higher.
  • Options
    That's hard to judge, and made me question it is as well, in p2 of sith raid today, I ran phoenix.. I hit sion with 4-5 armor shreds and only really noticed a "bump" in damage after first 2.. hmm (insert thinking face)

Dev clarification would be nice here, but remember there are diminishing returns. My interpretation is it reduces the current existing defense by 50%. So 40% armor goes to 20%, then 10%, then 5%, and so on. So you would see some diminishing returns here the more times it stacks... I think.
  • Options
    Yeah, you can only remove 100% of the enemies armor, so after two hits it doesn't do any more. Maybe one day her stacks will add up - but since only 2 matter - it's no big deal.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Minowara wrote: »

Dev clarification would be nice here, but remember there are diminishing returns. My interpretation is it reduces the current existing defense by 50%. So 40% armor goes to 20%, then 10%, then 5%, and so on. So you would see some diminishing returns here the more times it stacks... I think.

It doesn't mention if there are diminishing returns or not. We need to know if they stack multiplicatively or additively.
  • Options
    It would be nice if it actually showed a count of stacks.
  • Options
    Keep in mind that darksaber strike has less effect on the raid bosses. So it would be nice to see the stack count and also know how the stacking works (additive vs. Multiplicity)