Mods & their attributes

Is there a thread or post that ranks the mod attributes from best to worst and tells what they do?

For example, I've read that speed is best, but what about Tenacity vs Potency? Which is more beneficial and what exactly does higher Tenacity do your toon?

Any help appreciated. Thanks
I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.

Replies

• Options
    Potency >Tenacity.

Proct>HP

• Options
    Speed is pretty universal (except in a few fringe cases), but after that it really depends on the toon in question.

Higher Tenacity gives you a better chance to resist debuffs.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    Thank you both. Is thee a thread or other resource that more fully explains the mod attributes?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you both. Is thee a thread or other resource that more fully explains the mod attributes?

If there's a particular character you have in mind I will try and explain what's the standard mod set and why it's valuable with the character.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »

If there's a particular character you have in mind I will try and explain what's the standard mod set and why it's valuable with the character.

That's very kind of you- At the moment I'm looking at Sith. Vader, Marauder, Assassin, and Sion. That's all the Sith I have now, but I'm working on Nihilus.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    If you look at Vader under a Palpatine lead (probably best Sith leader), the important part of Palpatine leadership is

When an Empire ally inflicts a debuff during their turn, they gain 20% Turn Meter. When a Sith ally inflicts a debuff during their turn, they recover 20% Health. When a debuff on an enemy expires, Empire and Sith allies gain 5% Turn Meter.

So Vader's goal is go very quickly get as many debuffs of the possible 20 debuffs to stick with force crush and fire off a culling blade on a glass cannon where you get a one shot kill and 100% turn meter to go again.

So Vader needs debuffs to stick so a potency cross is important to him.

The triangle should be crit damage, offense or crit chance because you want a crit on the culling blade to do as much damage as possible or you just want to increase damage to guarantee a kill on culling blade so that you can go straight away again.

The arrow should be speed (like with nearly everyone) and the circle should be protection because you get a much higher % protection than health. Square and octagon have a fixed primary.

Sets should probably be crit chance or crit damage to increase damage output again.

There's no one size fits all with mods but you have to figure out how they work and how it makes a difference.
  • Options
    That is fantastically helpful- thank you. It not only gives me something specific to work toward but also tells me why these mods are beneficial to his character.

I really appreciate your time and help.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    That is fantastically helpful- thank you. It not only gives me something specific to work toward but also tells me why these mods are beneficial to his character.

I really appreciate your time and help.

No worries, each character is different so you need to understand what makes your character works to pick primary stats. There used to be websites with reccomendations for each character but they all got out of date.
  • Options
    I don't know what level you are but it can be immensely easier to ignore the mod sets and just get 5* health mods with the primaries Naraic mentioned
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    kindlekm wrote: »
    I don't know what level you are but it can be immensely easier to ignore the mod sets and just get 5* health mods with the primaries Naraic mentioned

Agreed getting the right primaries with decent speed secondaries comes first, getting good set bonuses comes later
  • Options
    There are a couple of good mod guides out there. I'm partial to http://gaming-fans.com/star-wars-goh/mods/ because he explains why he chooses the mod sets he does for each character, and there is a very, very detailed breakdown about mods in general. crouchingrancor.com also has a mods advisor that a lot of people use.
  • Options
    If you use discord you can add a bot that allows you to get the crouching rancor suggestions stupid fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYaiApAwpno

That is a good video that I learned a lot about mods from. It literally changed how I approach which mods I choose to invest in upgrading, and which ones I sell off. That is for when you get further in the game, but it could help you decide which to upgrade.

The above mentioned gaming-fans site is awesome as well.
  • Options
    Different characters get more of a benefit from different stats, as others have mentioned. For some, crit chance or potency may be the most important, but the general rule I go by is: Speed > Everything Else > Tenacity