Vader or maul or thrawn

Luniz
359 posts Member
My palp team isn't able to beat anybody but rebels due to lack of damage and assists. Thrawns fracture doesn't kill anybody but I think he's better than Vader who doesn't really bring anything. I'm trying to use sion but he's pretty squishy. I'm thinking the aoe daze from maul might work. What do you think?

Replies

• Need quite a few more details here. Vader is amazing, especially under zeta Palpatine.
  • What are the specs on your toons? Do you have your account linked to https://swgoh.gg/ ??
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    That roster should be top 50!

Palp (assuming lead zetad)
    Vader
    Thrawn, with zetad unique
    Nilihius
    Gk or Sion

• CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    I'm on a July 16 shard and rank 30-90 with this:

zEP g12
    Non zeta vader g11
    Zztarkin g11
    Zz thrawn 6* g11
    Non zeta death trooper g12

I'm working toward Sion at g10/11 & nihilius the same and will drop tarkin & death when I can.

It may not work for you now, but the potential is absolutely there. I didn't look at your mods but is each over 200 speed?
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    You must be in an exceptionally strong shard. Thrawn at that speed should give you an advantage. You could get a tank in such as shore or sit, so the pretaunt protects ep. Honestly though, that roster is excellent
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Luniz wrote: »
    I'm getting absolutely thrashed I think the game is messed up. Something buggy maybe.

I thought that too,Iwas struggling against other empire teams with mine,I wasnt killibg off toons in the right order,now its way easier.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Luniz wrote: »
    I'm getting absolutely thrashed I think the game is messed up. Something buggy maybe.

It won't be that. It's not what you want to hear, but to be as bad as you say, and with the roster you have, it's something you're doing (or not doing)
  • The game isn't messed up , you are. You are trying to use palpatine lead , when you have R2-D2 , commander luke skywalker , and more. Thrawn should get to gold gear and full 7 stars.

In your acc you should get 1 - 10.
  • You need more speed on your Vader for one thing, he should be your #1 speed priority. Your Sion is way too wimpy at only 4* and G8. As much as I hate suggesting using GK in that team he'd be a much better option than Sion.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Switch out Sion for Grand Moff Tarkin (at least until they fix his zeta).
    With Grand moff dropping crit chance down and offense down, not only does he make your opponents hits very weak, he is also speeding up your whole team like mad because of all the tm gain from the palps lead and his debuffs. Not only that, but he's reducing the enemy's tm all the time. It gives you complete turn superiority.

Vader going first and dropping force crush makes your whole team go next. It can't be countered, so always do this. Don't fracture with Thrawn turn 1 have him swap to someone else.