Forest Moon Assault Battles

Prev1
LenoraLupin
420 posts Member
edited March 2018
Now, I've never beaten the battles, my Empire characters were always iffy and so are most of my droids. I farmed a bunch of droids to use but I know that Imperial Troopers also work well in the battles, so I was wondering.

What gear level do Troopers have to be to beat it? Will this squad work? http://swgoh.gg/u/lenoralupin/squads/45268/

There are a couple days to go so I can attempt to get my Snowtrooper up a gear level or two and hopefully I'll get Deathtrooper up to 5* tonight for the IPD mission so he'll be up a star level by then anyway.

If it won't work now, then I'm not too fussed. I'm not that worried about Ewoks at the moment anyway, I just want the achievement. :wink:

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes. I could auto all 3 levels at g8. Mod Snowtrooper for crit. But on the bonus level Phase 4 I think the one with 2 elders, sometimes have to manually target them so they die close together. May have to manually target elder on phase 8 too. Snowtrooper and Shore make the fight trivial. Easy peasy.

Edit: I use storm and magma instead of starck and death, but it should not matter. Done properly the skull guys will never attack once. Snow goes all barbarian on them and just mows them down over and over because they have almost no health.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Yes. I could auto all 3 levels at g8. Mod Snowtrooper for crit. But on the bonus level Phase 4 I think the one with 2 elders, sometimes have to manually target them so they die close together. May have to manually target elder on phase 8 too. Snowtrooper and Shore make the fight trivial. Easy peasy.

Thanks. I tried it once before I zeta'd my Veers and it was a disaster, so I was just curious about them now. Now I just have to raid my mods that aren't equipped to get some better ones on Snow. lol
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    See my edit. I still dont have Veers zeta. Its not needed.
    Really its just about getting Snows crit up. He is insane in that fight. Mine are all 5dot mods but not arena mods.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    See my edit. I still dont have Veers zeta. Its not needed.
    Really its just about getting Snows crit up. He is insane in that fight. Mine are all 5dot mods but not arena mods.

Yeah, my Stormtrooper and Magmatrooper are my least developed, since I was building the team mostly for IPD shards, so I can't really use them.
  • You can always use thrawn to fracture ewok elder.
    Team I use is Thrawn lead Vader Palp Tarkin TFP
  • You can always use thrawn to fracture ewok elder.
    Team I use is Thrawn lead Vader Palp Tarkin TFP

What gear levels are those? Because only my Tarkin and Thrawn are above gear 9. And any zetas?
  • No zetas and currently they are g11 except tarkin vader at g10 but it was doable at g8 9 too
  • I did it with an EP lead empire team. I may just use Snow on the next one, he's an underrated toon. My Shore isn't ready but ST should be fine. Magma is a good one too. RG with speed and potency keeps the elders stunned. I like Veers and Tarkin too.
  • Thanks for the advice guys, I was able to clear the first two tiers. I'm a little chicken to try the bonus tier until my Death and Shore troopers are 7*.
  • No harm in trying it, it doesn't count losses, only wins. Try 100 times and beat it on 101 ;)
  • I playd 2 months lvl 80.

Thrawn 5* lvl 75 gear 8
    Palpy 7* lvl 80 gear 9
    vader 6* lvl 80 gear 9
    stormtrooper 6* 70 gear 8
    royal guard 5* 70 gear 7

Finished all 3 levels first try. Just stun/fracture bosses/elders and knock down the scouts ASAP. Reducing the resuruction makes these battles very easy. Guard provides protection couse scouts hit very hard so always remove them when you can. Good luck.
  • Took me about a dozen attemps but it was just me learning the fight. Did not need to use the special once on any level. Team was:
    EP g9.5 lvl 77
    6*vader g9.5 77
    5* thrawn g8 77
    Tarkin g8 77
    Chopper 72 g7 (laugh it off)

Chopp was just a filler obv, but he clutched a few times well (mostly sacrificed him if I had. Bad rng with ewok evades) basics was having vader crush up at the right moments so he would clean up the skulls. Had bad RNG on palps all fights but still a few clutch stuns on elders to avoid respawns. Vader ability block and then thrawn keeping it up on elders was also great. But if you have troopers I believe they own because of the easy TM gainz and constant respawns.
  • I use troopers but before they were geared I used droids. Droids work really good because of all the critical opportunities with the number of characters. Huge turn meter gains.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Easy. Event all just about kill order -

1. Elders and "named" Ewoks

2. Scouts

3. The rest
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Remember if Tarkin's basic is omegaed potency grows every time you use your basic and special gets a boost from potency. Use the basic from wave 1-7 then tarkin can take out wave 8 with an aoe.

If you have Palpatine and can keep them stunned you will never lose too.
  • Easy. Event all just about kill order -

1. Elders and "named" Ewoks

2. Scouts

3. The rest

I won this event by doing the exact oposite. Leave a skulled scout up is just begging to be oneshot
  • LaksonVell wrote: »
    I won this event by doing the exact oposite.

And I won it by doing just that!

So maybe we can conclude - do whatever you want lol!

Although it doesn't seem that smart to spend time and energy taking out Scouts for them only to be resurrected or to be given TM. At the very least that will make the battle much more lengthy. And dangerous.

• Snow trooper is the key with zader and tarkin
  • Snow trooper is the key with zader and tarkin

I didn't use him. Won all battles three star.

EP, Vader, Moff, Thrawn, RG.
  • Bestusername
    94 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Just finished all 3 tiers lvl 68 5* EP lead g8, lvl 76 6* Vader g9, lvl 74 7* tarkin g8, lvl 68 7* TFP g8, lvl 66 5* veers g8 baisic lvl 5 rest 3. One omega on Vader basic (only one I got, I'm lvl 76). The only difference I noticed between 2 and 3 is that after the last battle's elder dies all the deadly scouts revive. It's all about making sure you get your speed high enough to go first, and some RNG luck til you over gear it.
  • I'm really struggling to get past this, need to improve my empire team sharpish!
  • Tark palp vader veers snow trooper
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Just take imperial troopers and auto the battle. You gain turn meter every time an enemy dies so if they res a scout, great, its another tm boost.
  • I think you are in the right path. Just do what you do, investing on your imperial trooper. They can totally go on auto in the 3 tiers. I use Veers, Snow, Shore, DT and Starks.
  • I did it with gear 5 HK lead no mods! , G 12 r2, g9 BB8, g9 IG88 (decent crit damage mods), gear 7 IG86 no mods lol, that was tier 3 too!
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    I won this event by doing the exact oposite.

And I won it by doing just that!

So maybe we can conclude - do whatever you want lol!

Although it doesn't seem that smart to spend time and energy taking out Scouts for them only to be resurrected or to be given TM. At the very least that will make the battle much more lengthy. And dangerous.

Anything with a skull has such low health that you can basically one shot them all with a single AOE. Then you focus on stun/block/fracture/kill the elders.

With that said this was the first time I was able to use Troopers on the bonus tier and they make a mockery of the event.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • While I'm happy to see more posts in this...I'm confused. When I went to bed this was in Arena and Character Strategy section...now it's in General Discussion. lol

Anyway, I'm glad to see the different stratagies posted. The reason I asked at first was because my Empire just did not cut it whenever I tried before. Of course, now that the EP/Vader reworks happened, it would probably be a different story. But either way, I like hearing different ideas.
  • I used all G10 toons with Vader at G11

Palp lead, vader, thrawn, tarkin, shore.

Easiest event ever.
  • No harm in trying it, it doesn't count losses, only wins. Try 100 times and beat it on 101 ;)

Or first try on auto with directing attacks towards Elders. It's so nice that I'm finally able to beat this. lol
  • Now, I've never beaten the battles, my Empire characters were always iffy and so are most of my droids. I farmed a bunch of droids to use but I know that Imperial Troopers also work well in the battles, so I was wondering.

What gear level do Troopers have to be to beat it? Will this squad work? http://swgoh.gg/u/lenoralupin/squads/45268/

There are a couple days to go so I can attempt to get my Snowtrooper up a gear level or two and hopefully I'll get Deathtrooper up to 5* tonight for the IPD mission so he'll be up a star level by then anyway.

If it won't work now, then I'm not too fussed. I'm not that worried about Ewoks at the moment anyway, I just want the achievement. :wink:

You already have your droids star-ready, you only need to invest a bit in gear/level and put Critical Chance mods. I run it with HK (L), IG86, R2D2, BB8 and Chopper, the group is so good that you can replace IG86 with GG and it still works in tier2.

I have a video, but the audio is broken.