Guideline or UsersManual

Halx
89 posts Member
Hi,
I am a new player. I thought, GoH is just a amusement for my daily train ride.. Now i see it is very extensive.
I search for some help, but mostly I found videos for special things- farming, raids and stuff..

Does not exist a BASIC guideline or Users manual for beginnners?? In a written form? Not only video guides..
I do not know anything about multisim and how to use it, arena token (sometimes I get some, sometimes not, why?), how to get shivers (shards? dont know how it is called in the english version, in german it is "Splitter") as reward, they are shown as "possible reward" but i never get one, I do not know sth about guilds (can i change or is my first choice fix?) , which characters should I train and equip in the beginning of the game, and so on and so on..

answers in german also possible..:-)
Thanks for helping..

Replies

• Halx wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am a new player. I thought, GoH is just a amusement for my daily train ride.. Now i see it is very extensive.
    I search for some help, but mostly I found videos for special things- farming, raids and stuff..

Does not exist a BASIC guideline or Users manual for beginnners?? In a written form? Not only video guides..
    I do not know anything about multisim and how to use it, arena token (sometimes I get some, sometimes not, why?), how to get shivers (shards? dont know how it is called in the english version, in german it is "Splitter") as reward, they are shown as "possible reward" but i never get one, I do not know sth about guilds (can i change or is my first choice fix?) , which characters should I train and equip in the beginning of the game, and so on and so on..

answers in german also possible..:-)
    Thanks for helping..
    I can direct you to the new player’s index. There is a wealth of information for beginning players like yourself. I don’t think it is in German, but I hope it helps. :)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/154737/new-player-index
  • Halx
    89 posts Member
    Yeah, thats what I mentionned.. a lot of Information, but desolate, to special, not really "first steps" or basic informations..:-(
  • I'm sorry, I do not speak German, but I will try to explain the basics of gameplay.

The Holotables
    Light Side/Dark Side table has "normal" nodes and "hard" nodes. You farm gear from normal nodes and character shards from hard nodes. As you get more advanced, you will want to get as many things as possible from the same node to efficiently use energy.

Cantina table is where you will farm most of your characters. You want to spend crystals for energy refreshes here. On average, shards have a 30% drop rate. You will not get a shard every time. You also earn Cantina Store Tokens, which can be used to buy various characters.

This seems like a good place to talk about sim tickets. Once you get 3 stars on a node, you can sim it. Tickets are required for simming. You get tickets by completing daily activities, and they sometimes drop when you complete a node. If you have enough energy, you can multi-sim - i.e do x number of battles at the same time. There is some debate about how many battles you should multi-sim for the best RNG. Some people find that they multi-sim 15 battles and only get 1 character shard. That is not a good drop rate, so they recommend multi-simming no more than 3 battles at a time. Others say the drop rate is the same on average. I personally sim each battle one at a time.

Galactic War unlocks at level 40. You use your whole character roster to complete 12 battle nodes that get harder as you progress. If a character dies, you lose that character for the rest of the war. You get a lot of money, crystals, and Galactic War Store tokens from GW, so it's worth learning how to be good at it. My tip: use the "retreat" function if it looks like you're going to lose a battle. Characters that have died will still be available to you, and you can try again. Galactic War can be reset once a day.

Mod Battles and Mod Challenges unlock at level 50. I would advise reading a separate guide about all things mod-related.

Ships unlocks at level 60. I would advise reading a separate guide or watching videos about fleet, what pilots to farm, etc.

The shard store is where you exchange excess shards after you've leveled a character to 7 stars. You can use those shards to buy gear or General Grievous (for now) shards.

Shipments is where you can buy gear for credits and lots of other things for crystals. I would not advise spending crystals here until later-game.

Squad Arena unlocks at level 28. You get sorted into a group of 20,000 players and try to battle your way to the top. You earn crystals and Squad Arena Store tokens. A lot of important characters are only available in the Squad Arena store, so it's worth trying to do as well as you can in your battles. Farm a squad that works together, gear them, devote all your resources to them in the beginning. There are other places that discuss what characters to go after, but Phoenix Squad is the most popular. I chose to start with Rebels and Scoundrels, and that has worked well for me.

This brings us to...

Guilds
    Being in a good guild makes a HUGE difference mid-to-late game. Look at the guild ads on here, or keep browsing to find a guild that puts an emphasis on active players. I chose my guild because they said "ACTIVE PLAYERS ONLY" in their description, and we're doing very well in all the raids and earning lots of valuable gear.

There is a 24-hour "waiting period" upon joining a guild. As in, you can join/they will accept you, but then you cannot participate in raids or exchange gear for 24 hours. If you do not like your guild, you can leave and join another guild, but it will be 24 hours before you can be active in that guild.

Guild activities involve raids, Territory Wars (level 65), and Territory Battles (level 65). YouTube videos are helpful for these activities.

There are two stores associated with guilds: the Guild Store, and the Guild Events Store (level 65). The Guild Store has special characters you can only buy there like Jyn Erso, Jawa Engineer, Colonel Starck, etc. and good prices on gear. The Guild Events Store has hard-to-get gear as well as random characters and ship shards that change daily.

Another important thing to know about is...

Daily Activities

Completing all your daily activities will be important for you to make progress in the game. You will get a lot of crystals, credits, experience points, and other things by doing all of your daily activities. You can look at these by clicking the "Activities" button in the right bottom corner of your screen. One thing you will notice is that if you do 3 Arena battles, you will get 200 Squad Arena Store tokens. Make sure to always do at least 3 Arena battles because of this.

And don't forget about...

Bronzium Cards

You can get these in the Store. You get 5 free cards per day. You can also buy them using Ally tokens. You earn Ally tokens by using an ally's character to help you complete your LS/DS and Cantina battles. You earn more Ally tokens if you use a character that belongs to one of your friends. You send friend requests to people when you battle them in Squad Arena, by finding them in your guild, or by putting in their ally code. Bronzium cards usually drop crappy gear, but sometimes they'll drop good gear, character shards, lots of character shards, or even full characters.
  • ChewieShards10___
    120 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Ok, I found some more stuff in text form. There are videos in here, too. Just ignore them if text is your preference. @Halx
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/152788/guides-index
  • Halx
    89 posts Member
    @nobodyfromjakku:
    very helpful post :) , thank you!
  • Halx
    89 posts Member
    How does the squad arena works? I can choose there an opponent.. But could I also be choosen?? can i reject then a request for battle? And how does it work with Allies? I can choose different chars from other players as allies.. can somebody choose my chars too?? Can I put them in some kind of character-pool??