Am I unlucky or is this normal?

So I'm in a December Shard and I'm wondering if I got really unlucky or if this is normal.

I always hover around Top 10, worst case top 20 but lately my shard keeps getting worse, in top 20 teams we have:

5-7 teams who are Palpa lead with 7 star Sion from beginning (these guys aren't even level 85 yet), 7 star Darth Nihilus (without access to his node so bought), etc.
4-5 teams with full 7 star NS team including Talzin and Zombie
2-3 Rebel teams (they used to have 7 star chirrut and baze, again before lvl 80 but these guys now mostly changed to palp)
4-5 FO teams (All with 7 star KRU since like lvl 40, before he became farmable)

Now the icing on the cake and it's why I'm writing this post is, some guy hit lvl 85 yesterday ( the first lvl 85 in my shard, all the rest of us are between lvl 78-82 (I'm lvl 80), he hit lvl 85 and already has 4 G12 characters!

Is this normal or have I been really unlucky ? I haven't looked beyon top 20 but basically 20 whales in my shard since like lvl 40

Replies

• Options
    This is pretty much business as usual, I think. That's a really young shard, but your dude who hit 85 has been buying a ton of refreshes, shards and gear. Just stick to your road map and try not to chase the crystals in Arena unless you are ready to drop a lot of money.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    You may want to look for your shardmates to see if your shard has a chat. Not everyone has the same payout time, so finding your shardmates can help with your results. The PvP and Rivalry subforum is a good place to start, you can see posts of people who were looking and found their shardmates. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/pvp-and-rivalry

• Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    This is pretty much business as usual, I think. That's a really young shard, but your dude who hit 85 has been buying a ton of refreshes, shards and gear. Just stick to your road map and try not to chase the crystals in Arena unless you are ready to drop a lot of money.

Well I've kinda given up on getting top 5 payout everyday, I still get it maybe once or twice a week with a bit of luck but changed focus to ships where I get rank 1 every day. Thanks for clarifying I wanted to know if this was normal, I guess there are a lot more people with large disposable incoming playing swgoh than I thought lol :)

I just couldn't believe when I saw the guy is nearly with a full g12 team after hitting lvl 85 yesterday. If I knew a good counter to FO I would build that just to mess with him don't want to get petty haha :D