Raid Gear rewards

So for the record, I am a newer player played for a month or 2 about a year ago and then stopped and then resumed about 2 months ago now.

my idea for the myriad of complaints I have seen about challenge gear being in raid rewards, which as a newer player I really like as it gives me usable rewords for the raids I participate in. but I also understand older players annoyance at getting rewards they have virtually no use other than maybe finally gearing that mob enforcer that has been sitting on their roster at gear 1 since the beginning.

so I have 2 ideas one is to have raid rewards scale by player level giving less challenge gear as player level increases, I don't know if this is viable from a coding perspective without way too many resources of course.

my other idea is to have one or 2 guaranteed drops that are the challenge gear and then another 1 or 2 of the nonchallenge gear for higher gear levels

I suspect my 2nd solution is the more feasible but the first one popped in my head as I started to type so I figured what the heck.

-Kindlekm

Replies

• ... or just remove challenge gear. Trust me it won't take long until you're sitting on 2k+ of some gear and you get if from a raid
  • ... or just remove challenge gear. Trust me it won't take long until you're sitting on 2k+ of some gear and you get if from a raid

so new players should get nothing gear wise that is usable to them from a raid doesn't seem like a good idea to me for player retention?