Aurodium Data Pack

medetec
1571 posts Member
edited February 2016
First of let me lead by saying I think these are great in concept, and that I hope you are considering releasing more faction or character targeted special packs.

Reasonably priced packs, especially ones that still give you that gamblers high but are targeted on what you want, could be huge sellers, and can serve as a sort of gateway purchase for free to play to transition to paying customers.

The purpose of this post is twofold. One is to encourage the continued release of "targeted" packs, and two, is to ask that you consider releasing future non-premium character packs to the general population.

As a disclaimer, all information on the table, I am a payed player but I am currently short of the $200 pay gate for this pack. Take that as you will. Just from this single player's personal perspective, I would likely have purchased this pack or many similar packs in this price range, but do not have the option to give you my money on this one. I understand Rex is a premium character, but hopefully future non exclusive packs (and I hope you make them) are more widely available.

Edited for clarity

Replies

• Artas
    223 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I have never ever seen such a mobile game where you have to spend a certain amount of money (which is quite solid for a mobile game, to be honest) in order to be allowed to buy some stuff... and you get a possibility only to get a character and not getting a character 100%... EA is a very innovative company :disappointed:
    Post edited by Artas on
  • Don't feel bad. I didn't even know I spent that much to unlock. So I had some extra crystals and bought 4 or 5 packs and all I got were shards. Still don't have Rex.
  • I will never spend so much money for a mobile game. I think they reach a new level of deep in their moral cesspool. I payed for my S3 $200. I guess they are cool with 10-15 people falling for this robbery instead of having 75% of their players buying stuff at reasonable prices. I will just play the game casual and get over this crap.
  • I will never spend so much money for a mobile game. I think they reach a new level of deep in their moral cesspool. I payed for my S3 $200. I guess they are cool with 10-15 people falling for this robbery instead of having 75% of their players buying stuff at reasonable prices. I will just play the game casual and get over this crap.

+1. Typical EA. Want to buy our stuff ? We will allow you to, BUT only if you already bought a lot. THEN you will be granted the awesome privilege to buy more, with a slight chance to get the very thing you were aiming for at the beginning. Got only shards ? Well, too bad, what about buying a little more ???
  • I was watching a video on these on YT and the user bought 53 cards and they were all shards!!!
  • Artas wrote: »
    I have never ever seen such a mobile game where you have to spend a certain amount of money (which is quite solid for a mobile game, to be honest) in order to be allowed to buy some stuff... and you get a possibility only to get a character and not getting a character 100%... EA is a very innovative company :disappointed:

Game of War had it. High rollers coin for different packages and better energy uses as well as VIP. I am okay with it as most FTP wouldn't even think of getting this package. In fact, a lot of P2P saw this package as a bad investment.
    Gavon1074 wrote: »
    I was watching a video on these on YT and the user bought 53 cards and they were all shards!!!

Heard about it. Incredible bad luck. I would have raged!

• papnwors
    749 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Sixplicit wrote: »
    Artas wrote: »

Game of War had it. High rollers coin for different packages and better energy uses as well as VIP. I am okay with it as most FTP wouldn't even think of getting this package. In fact, a lot of P2P saw this package as a bad investment.
    Gavon1074 wrote: »
    I was watching a video on these on YT and the user bought 53 cards and they were all shards!!!

Heard about it. Incredible bad luck. I would have raged!

Please don't bring up game of war here, would hate EA to get ideas from a company like MZ, that game is diseased, thankfully a lot of sane people quit in the early stages and still have their homes and cars, I was lucky enough to sell my account and recoup my cash from that endless money pit. At least here you get to keep what you've paid for and not have your toons killed forever by whales.

• I prefer to play it casual and not pay anything for it. It just doesn't worth.