Little guidance

balk
2 posts Member
Hi all,

I've read a decent amount on here, but never posted before. Just hit level 81 so I'm not a complete newb, but could use some general guidance on where to go next.

Quick synopsis: I'm free to play. My fleet arena is decent - usually top 10 with the occational top 3 finish, but I struggle in the squad arena. I have a wiggs/chaze/boba team that can't seem to compete with NS/Empire squads around the same or even lower power level, and seem to be stuck around the 130-140 range. I don't want to keep dumping resources into my rebel squad if they are never going to be competitive. I've been prepping for the R2 event, so hopefully my Empire squad (all 7* with G8-9) is strong enough to get him to 7* next time the event comes around. I've also started building for CLS and Thrawn, but have some work to do on both of those squads.

Does my approach make sense? If you were in my shoes, who would you be targeting to keep progressing?

https://swgoh.gg/u/balk/collection/

Thanks in advance!
-balk

Replies

• Mods, mods, mods, mods.

• While James has a point, a slightly more helpful thing would be to say that I like the focus you are giving towards legendary event characters. Concerning NS/Empire, I have found that if you can't beat em, join em. You've got a decent empire squad, and that usually wrecks a NS squad, and does well against other empire squads. Thrawn is a long ways off for you but keep at it because he is worth it. CLS seems like a realistic goal if you can manage it. My advice would be to temporarily stop farming phoenix and focus solely on a. Getting Farmboy luke to 7*, b. getting FBL, Leia, STH, and OLK up to 85 and Gear 8 ( 9 would be better), and c. Stockpiling credit and gear. Due to them releasing BB8 and JTR at the same time this event, I believe that will be the same thing they do with R2 and CLS. If that is the case, then you need to stockpile credits and gear to be able to get R2 to 85 and gear 8 or 9 almost immediately after you unlock him. swgoh.gg has a gear by level for R2 so you know what to stockpile.
  • balk
    2 posts Member
    Awesome - great suggestions. Yea my mods suck so that's one thing I can work on. I've been stockpiling purple ability mats and omegas for R2, but I'll definitely look at the gear requirements too. I have been thinking about switching over to an empire squad, so maybe I'll give it a shot and see how that goes.

The JTR and BB8 joint event was making me a bit nervous since I'm not sure I'll be able to get the CLS team ready if they do the same with R2/CLS, but I'll definitely be going for it.

Thanks!
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    The only Wiggs Chaze team hanging out in the top 50 in my arena has old Ben as a 5th.

Building for events is always good, cls is if nothing else a simple rancour solo team.

I'm going to pm you a link for our fleet shards discord. Finally I suggest you farm wedges ship simply because you've already invested in the pilot and a level 50 ship would do more on your bench than some ships you have there.
  • Your empire team is quite ready fir r2d2, you might need a few resets for good rng but that is how palp rolls.
    As for your rebel team, I personally would say to keep going with it but replace boba with old Ben. Wiggs can oneshot anyone provided they survive long enough. I ussualy avoid chaze teams in arena because I do not have a reliable taunt dispeller and if you cannot get to wedge fast enough he can beat you on auto. Vader always starts with force crush which will give your wiggs a step up. But the most important thing is MODA. I suggest you stop all cantina related activities and focus on mods. You need at least 5 speed arrows and at least speed secondaries for wedge. I am on phone so I will write more after the weekends. Once again, ALL IN ON MODS
  • LaksonVell wrote: »
    Wiggs can oneshot anyone provided they survive long enough.

Not strictly true.

• I had a whole long thing typed out but tldr: if you can't bump all 5 chars speed 40-80, you need mods, no comp will save you.
  • LaksonVell wrote: »
    Wiggs can oneshot anyone provided they survive long enough.

Not strictly true.

True, but at his lebel wiggs can do some serious damage, and if biggs gets his ability off, someone dies,I can guarantee that.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Mods:

If you use the filtering option on swgoh.gg you see, that you can improve your team instantly.

https://swgoh.gg/u/balk/mods/?stat2_5=1

Move the cross from TFP to Wedge.
    Move the cross from Vader to Boba.
    Move the triangle from Vader to Biggs/Wedge.
    Move protection cross/triangle to Baze (at higher gearlevels on Chaze switch to health).

Yes, your rebel will still struggle against EP/Empire, but you should have no problem with NS team.