[Feedback] Last update broke everything about the Sith team in my opinion

Replies

• Atrreyu
    130 posts Member
    Options
    Thank God it's weekend! I think some fresh air and perspective could do some good here.

- And lets all have focus on what *really* helps the game...

Care to elaborate on what helps the game?
  • bitmoji
    143 posts Member
    Options
    Oddly,perhaps, I really prefer to have @CG_RyDiggs responding so much, it is much better to have a lot of back and forth than silence. It increases engagement and c.g. Knows that.
  • Options
    U need understand when u use money in some stuff u expect get something valuable, for example that guy sayed sion was bad After the update, imagine he spend 300$ in sion and a zeta that take near a month to farm plus the gear that comes slooooowly to see Sion buged and easy to kill, maybe he got him at few stars and is f2p dont know, but sucks when u feel like that, i purchased the marauder and i feel like im a **** because is really bad, he do bad dps even with full dots, think is better keep an eye and look if the character is bugged or is doing less dmg than expected to fix It soon because is a money character, than close the post or avoid the problem, when i go to buy something and i feel scammed i never buy again there, maybe u get some money today but not tomorrow
  • Options
    @KylarStern and to others vehemently opposed to the response here, I'd like you to consider another view ...I agree that @CG_RyDiggs response was unconventional and in many companies it would result in a "training opportunity"...but do we really want the corporate robot response with a token pat on the back and just sent on our way? If you peel back the info shared and intimate insights along with the notable amount of time, this is actually a much more in depth and valuable response than what we'd typically get.

Compare this to what happened before: Thread would be insta-moved to the abyss OR...a funny quip accompanied by a GIF plus a pat on the back with no relevant info shared. I like the passion and effort so I wouldn't want to see him fired / removed as you're suggesting.

Now, could the salt level be scaled back a bit without going full corporate robot? Yeah it was heavy in some spots, but if I had to choose between a compassionate answer that is informing me at a much higher level and actually get responded to I'd rather have that than some corporate rubber stamp response that checks a Customer Service 101 training box.

Unfortunately we’ve been getting the robotic response of “sorry can’t say” or “your feedback is noted and we will do better”. That’s textbook robotics.

I actually preferred Kozi’s gifs because she would hint that changes were coming, or leave subtle clues about what was ahead. Since she’s been absent it’s been nothing but corporate robotics answers and ignoring legitimate concerns.

#BringBackKozi
  • Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    @Tromedlov13 thank you for voicing your opinion. Consider this your warning regarding directing fellow players to not invest time or energy in the game.

Telling players they should NOT invest time or energy in the game does not help the game, and thus does not support the game you love so much!

Examples of corrections below:
    Was sitting easily between 34-40 with Sith team.

You bring out the latest update and now that team can't beat CUP as a stand alone toon.

Hyperbolic, but you're welcome to your sensational opinion here :smile:
    The team never gets a crti and hits like a wet noodle.

More hyperbole, colorful and evocative but not really fact based per se. You could be a great politician! (joking!)
    What did you do.

I think this is a question but you wrote as a sentence. Assuming it is a question, we were very clear about the changes in our update. I'll link it here for you: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/162743/content-update-3-13-2018#latest

Also, if you want to talk about character experiences, we have a whole section here to discuss facts and relay data with your fellow players in hopes of moving out of hyperbole and into fact feedback. You don't have to join, but you're always welcome to!
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/characters-and-strategy
    I'm going back to RJT.
    Sounds like a great plan for you. If you want to talk about theorycrafting and data feedback with fellow gamers about the sith raid, come over here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/territorywars

We're having a pretty lively discussion.
    Don't invest in any Sith especially Sion.

OK, this is where your frustration spills over into actively working against the forums and the game, and where I need to step in.

If YOU don't like it, and YOU have data you want to share why it could be improved or why other characters might be more effective, YOU are free to share your data and thoughts.

Actively undermining the game based on your feelings, will ... undermine the game and then... you won't have a game. Do you see why we chose to protect the long term benefit of the game?

I invite you to edit your comments to be more in line with the goal of these forums, which is to promote the game, even with critical feedback ;)
    Regards

And best regards to YOU! Have a GREAT weekend!

CG_RyDiggs

I'm a forum moderator as well for a pretty darn large game too friend. I do what you do, all day.

I have to say, this is one of the most unprofessional and inappropriate responses I have ever read.

I had to double check and be sure you were actually a paid employee because I was literally a bit dumbstruck at your need to 'correct' this player.

That's really unfortunate, and you should look to improve or stop any desire to knee-**** respond to a forum post, as a moderator. The fact that this severely triggered you is very clear from how targeted you got, and the need to 'break it down'.

Thank you for your time and energy, it is appreciated but I feel we all could do with some more professionalism in the word choice and less attacks on on your customers writing styles/opinion.

Have a fantastic day
  • Options

@CG_RyDiggs
    I chose this hill :)

That this is the hill you chose to die on shows just how disconnected you are from the community you have been chosen to serve. You could have picked a post that was clearly bashing the devs (as upset as everyone is right now, I'm sure there were plenty to chose from), you could have picked a post that was just flame-baiting, or abusive, or any number of other things that violate the ToS for the forums as the "hill" to have a conversation about forum etiquette on. But no, you picked the first one you saw that, if you squint at it in just the right way and hold your head just so, could be construed as discouraging monetization. Because your actions tell us that this is what CG_RyDiggs and CG/EA care about the most. You don't want to engage your audience on what a community is, what it means to be a community, or what the role of Capital Games/Electronic Arts as developers/producers or your role as their front-facing customer service representative are or should be in that community. You make vague and nebulous promises to eventually make answering long standing questions about rewards a priority at some point in the future, and then almost immediately backtracked on even that half-hearted measure when the poster responded that they'd hold you to it. But the single most important thing you had to do on a Friday afternoon was to lecture us, ad nauseum and condescendingly, about doing anything that might in any way be construed as discouraging monetization. Has it never occurred to you, or anyone else at EA/CG, that if you just focused on making a good game that players enjoyed and addressed our concerns in a straight-forward and transparent fashion that you wouldn't have to snap at random forum posters out of fear that people would stop throwing money at you hand over fist? Because at the end of the day, that's all this is really about. If the post had not specifically mentioned a pay-to-play character, still available for direct purchase via data cards we wouldn't be having this conversation. The post in no way called for a boycott or discouraged active involvement in the game, but it did say "don't invest in Sion" and of course the only thing you see in the entire post is someone maybe saying "don't buy this thing". I'm honestly not sure which offends the most, the complete and utter lack of professionalism in your many replies in this thread, or the fact that the single issue on which the community which has been crying out for more communication from the devs finally gets active and continuous response to is "the proper way to complain about things without threatening monetization."
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    At least this thread has brought the community together. Most threads of this length include a lot of bickering back and forth between players, it’s pretty astonishing to see everyone united and on the same side like this.
  • Options
    Brownie wrote: »
    Where are the mods at? I feel like RyDiggs should be put in forum jail for his comments here today...

I will ponder this existential question over the weekend. It's a doozy, thank you.

Just can’t help yourself....have to be passive aggressive. You guys created this mess. Please have some thicker skin. Your continued responses like the don’t “PROMOTE the community and the game.”

Because this game is LONGTERM, and so am I. I really hope you will be to, to help us continue to nurture and grow a healthy thriving community.

Ryan, I've read through these posts and see the same Long term message continually repeated. I respect that and can see that this game certainly will be. Some do not understand the difference between playing the finite game and the infinite game, CG/EA are playing the infinite game which is what Google and Apple do. Just wanted to say thanks for how prompt you all have been in the general forum arena.

P.S.
    Can we get some dang Vet double drops?
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options
    Yup, no more spending for me. Highly encouraging my guilds to do the same.
  • Options
    I chose this hill

RT

After re-reading this thread and the many posts, I admit, I agree with many here. I chose the wrong hill.
    I chose the wrong example to make my point and the choice has had the opposite effect of my intention. I understand that, and apologize to you for that. I'll be more aware of my hills in the future.

My intent was to begin the dialog around why posting rules are enforced on these forums.

I can see the OP as being an opinion on value, not necessarily a call to action.

I apologize to you @Tromedlov13. I see your intent as voicing opinion on the value of Sith and Sion. Not necessarily that players should not invest in the game or units at all, the way I first read the post. I'm wiser for your post and thank you.

I will lift the sink of this thread and let players continue to discuss the perceived or realized value of Darth Sion and Sith in general, as I believe the OP intended.

NOTE: I WILL be making a thread next week on the topic of: "Why posting boycotts, refund requests, discouraging players to engage in the game is not constructive and why this policy is in the best interest of the players." for us to all talk about. I invite you all to join in.

More thank yous to the community for this dialog and working with me to see your points. I have a wider perspective for it and appreciate you taking the time.

Specific thank you to: @harbingerofrock for being the first to call it out concisely and diplomatically. I was reading it another way, but on reflection, you nailed it on your first post. Well done :)

In that light, thank yous as well to: @five2zero , @TheChosenOne77 , @Whut (we're still going to talk semantics of community :smirk: ) , @scuba , @Boba_The_Fetter , @ChickenFett139 , @Vettes4Fetts2 , @Jed_Eye , @urtil , @clarkdiesel , @AnnerDoon , @Traygus , @catharsis478 , @Jeric (I'll use hyperbolic more judiciously) , @jhbuchholz , @Tekka , @Brownie , @kello_511 , @jb200 , @SoonerJBD , @Atrreyu (your topic is separate, but on my radar) , @Lrrr , @Chocov24 , @snake2 , @Carefuljupiter , @Darlex11 , @t0neg0d , @VeganJedi , @AdlerCl , @Mike_Honcho , @DarthRon , @BoboFoot , @_DM_ , @Drathuk916 (sorry this was your onboarding, but welcome!) , @five2zero , @Peer , @Inke , @porterbela , @Gawejn , @Cmon_enough_already , @HelenKeller , @nightsistersop_420 , @warmonkey , @WangSolo , @FearlessJDK , @KylarStern , @Boycey , @JohnnySteelAlpha @squawk12oo , @BionicGolem , @Kisafir , @Verzo , @NIGHTMAN , @Quarion4830 , @AkshnJ , @FierceRevan (caps suggestion noted, tks u) , @EventineElessedil , @beingScared , @RevanComingSoon , @Caiiiius , @The_No0b , @bitmoji , @Ragnarisback , @Ravens1113 , @Amadeo220 (great perspective, tks) , @Areceni , @ParzivaI , @kello_511 , @I_WANT_YODA , @TS0HG

AND all who read through to follow the discussion.

A sincere thank you and I look forward to talking with you next week!

(very few caps @FierceRevan )

RT
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    P.S. If you live where it is celebrated, Happy St. Patrick's day to you!
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs Now that this has boiled down, can we please address the real issue outside of the PR?

Many of us have invested in Sith and suddenly they are underperforming. I am sure this was not intended.
  • Options
    Where are the mods at? I feel like RyDiggs should be put in forum jail for his comments here today...

I will ponder this existential question over the weekend. It's a doozy, thank you.

Just can’t help yourself....have to be passive aggressive. You guys created this mess. Please have some thicker skin. Your continued responses like the don’t “PROMOTE the community and the game.”

Because this game is LONGTERM, and so am I. I really hope you will be to, to help us continue to nurture and grow a healthy thriving community.

Ryan, I've read through these posts and see the same Long term message continually repeated. I respect that and can see that this game certainly will be. Some do not understand the difference between playing the finite game and the infinite game, CG/EA are playing the infinite game which is what Google and Apple do. Just wanted to say thanks for how prompt you all have been in the general forum arena.

P.S.

Simon Sinek? :)
  • Options
    @Tromedlov13 thank you for voicing your opinion. Consider this your warning regarding directing fellow players to not invest time or energy in the game.

Telling players they should NOT invest time or energy in the game does not help the game, and thus does not support the game you love so much!

So you muppets ask us for feedback but when it doesn't suit your model or is negative you try to censor it? You ask and you shall receive. If you want to force overpriced packs down our throats that are garbage people are going to tell you. Pull your heads in or you won't have a player base
  • Options
    I disagree with a lot of stance @CG_RyDiggs made and I agree that his response are abrasive or passive-aggressive sometimes.

But you all gotta give him some credits. Who else in here ( including me) post your real name and place you work in the forum posts.

That takes some grit and I, for one, appreciate that. Thanks.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Lachm91 wrote: »

So you muppets ask us for feedback but when it doesn't suit your model or is negative you try to censor it? You ask and you shall receive. If you want to force overpriced packs down our throats that are garbage people are going to tell you. Pull your heads in or you won't have a player base

Read the post two posts above yours.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs thank you for all you do. Not everyone is an internet warrior. Stay positive!
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Not an internet warrior huckleberry this is a forum people should have the right to voice an opinion regardless of if it's positive or negative towards the game if you don't agree with it that's cool doesn't make a person an internet warrior
  • Options
    Lachm91 wrote: »
    Not an internet warrior huckleberry this is a forum people should have the right to voice an opinion regardless of if it's positive or negative towards the game if you don't agree with it that's cool doesn't make a person an internet warrior

Like I said, not everyone is an internet warrior. Cheers!
  • Options
    Very good start @CG_RyDiggs. Thanks for the second look, and inner retrospective.
  • Chagoth
    265 posts Member
    Options
    Wow. Lot's of whining. It's amusing in a sad, depressing sort of way.
  • Options
    I chose this hill

RT

After re-reading this thread and the many posts, I admit, I agree with many here. I chose the wrong hill.
    I chose the wrong example to make my point and the choice has had the opposite effect of my intention. I understand that, and apologize to you for that. I'll be more aware of my hills in the future.

SNIP

been following this thread. I didn't think you were wrong I do think you had gone overboard a bit , so this makes me feel a whole lot better about the situation. I look forward to your upcoming post.

However I think to say the best news to OP would be a release date for a fix to SION
  • Options
    Very good start @CG_RyDiggs. Thanks for the second look, and inner retrospective.

LOL. You're thanks is not needed. RyDiggs said nothing wrong. He was apologetic to make a peace he didn't have to because he's actually a big hearted human being. But many here thinks he is the boogy man and are looking for him to 'fail', be 'reprinmanded', or even 'fired' because of a forever ungrateful attitude here on these forums. I applaud his response and find them refreshing.
  • Options
    You can throw timelines at the player-base all you want for defense, but everything we’ve seen ESPECIALLY over the last few weeks—the expose nerf, this post—is reactionary. Take your time, consider perspectives other than your own. Breathe. I have included a video link to help with calming down and finding inner peace.

https://youtu.be/_mZbzDOpylA
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    At least this thread has brought the community together. Most threads of this length include a lot of bickering back and forth between players, it’s pretty astonishing to see everyone united and on the same side like this.
    Ironically enough, thats still not happening.
  • Caiiiius
    10 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    [message removed]
    Post edited by Caiiiius on
  • Options

P.S.

Simon Sinek? :)

Better believe it ;-)
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options

LOL. You're thanks is not needed. RyDiggs said nothing wrong. He was apologetic to make a peace he didn't have to because he's actually a big hearted human being. But many here thinks he is the boogy man and are looking for him to 'fail', be 'reprinmanded', or even 'fired' because of a forever ungrateful attitude here on these forums. I applaud his response and find them refreshing.

Yet I wasn't one of those. Maybe I'm critical of his methods, but those are things that can be worked on. No need to call for his head, as some have done.

And I was thankful he made an attempt, forced or not. Time will tell if it was sincere.
  • Options
    Holy hell in a handbasket this thread is tantamount to a novel! I'm only a couple days late and there's already 7 very long pages.

Obviously, I ain't about to read all that, but I think I got most of the important bits so, as per usual, MY OPINIONS SHALL BE SHARED!

So, first off @CG_RyDiggs I appreciate you taking so much time (seriously this thread is incredibly long) to have a dialog with the community, and I just want to preface all this by saying I absolutely think you should keep your job and not suffer any sort of consequences from this.

However, I do think your responses to some of these comments have been.... less than optimal. Despite what you may intend, a lot of your comments just come across as snarky and sarcastic. You seem to sometimes go with a mix of corporate spokesman talk and regular human talk. The random all-caps words and oddly high levels of cheerfulness it just makes you seem disingenuous.

As for the issue of whether or not we should be allowed to encourage boycotts, not spending money, etc. I'd definitely err on the side of allowing it. People in the game community need to be able to look out for each other, and if that means saying you should absolutely not buy X character because they are terrible, that's fine. If someone wasn't going to spend money on the character anyway, no harm done. If they were, they still have money they want to spend on the game, and will likely try to find somewhere it will be better used.

And, if the developers make a mistake huge enough that the forums or Reddit are proposing a mass boycott of the game or something else along those lines, it's helpful for the developers to see that. Rather than just trying to prevent the spread of the boycott so that fewer people see it and get involved, it should be the priority to find the source and fix it as quickly as possible. If, for example, 10,000 people stop playing and it's widely known and the devs realise the issue and fix it in a week, that's better than 500 people boycotting permanently because the issue is never publicised and the devs don't know it exists to fix it.
  • Options

Yet I wasn't one of those. Maybe I'm critical of his methods, but those are things that can be worked on. No need to call for his head, as some have done.

And I was thankful he made an attempt, forced or not. Time will tell if it was sincere.

So you're going to judge his sincerity... Maybe you weren't the crowd, but comments like that passive aggressiveness doesn't help either. I do disagree with RyDiggs apology. The forums are like internet sharks who smell an apology as blood in the water. I bet he knows that, and still apologized because he really does care.