EP + Sion Arena

VonZant
3843 posts Member
Im still running a CLS team and I float around 100-150 on an older shard. Maybe switch to EP to move up below 100.

Have Sion at 4 stars. Is he arena viable there and if so what EP team? EP Vader Shore Sion + ? I can outspeed 75% of people at my level.

Thrawn, Tarkin DN Or Storm? My SiT is only 5 Star and DN is 6. I have Sid at 7 also but dont think he belongs.

Thanks in Advance.

Replies

• Options
    EP, DV,DS, DN, Thrawn
  • Options
    Half of the reason sion is used is to feed DN turn meter, and he's the worst of the duo. Would you run Biggs without Wedge?
  • Options
    Half of the reason sion is used is to feed DN turn meter, and he's the worst of the duo. Would you run Biggs without Wedge?

Yea.. sion is useless without nihilus. They are the new annoying tag team duo part III after wiggs n chaze
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Won't be a duo for long. There'll be a triumvirate :D
  • Options
    I run Z EP, Vader, Thrawn, Nihilus and Shore and I'm 40-50th in an 2015 shard.
    I can't defeat Z EP teams with 4 stars Sion....
  • Options
    Palp, vader, sion, and dn for sure. Then last spot is debatable. I've used thrawn, shore and left gk in over night which I'm getting good feedback about on D. Top of launch shard btw I am with 4* sion
  • Options
    I run Z EP, Vader, Thrawn, Nihilus and Shore and I'm 40-50th in an 2015 shard.
    I can't defeat Z EP teams with 4 stars Sion....

Because you force crush at start with vader. Go for ABlock on their fastest toon. Yeah you lose that spicy ZEP turn metter but you can get them on next turn when Nihilus is fractured.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you all for feedback. I forgot DN was changed to be compatible. Will run them with Shore until my Sit gets levelled up.
  • DarthPlasmatus
    23 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I run EPz Vader, DN, Zion, and either Thrawn or Sith Trooper depending on who I’m fighting. If the opposing team is using Thrawn I use Sith Trooper and if not I use Thrawn. Sith Trooper draws fracture from Thrawn and If I’m using Thrawn I can shut down strong toons with fracture and allow Zion’s taunt to fuel Held by Hatred. Shore trooper does the same but sith is a little better because of retribution. I am currently in and out of the top 10 in my shard. Sion is definitely viable at 4* with his zeta. I have him 7* but others in my guild use him at 4
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    @DarthPlasmatus That is very helpful. Thank you.
  • Options
    DN unique is giving him too much TM. That’s why it works so well. I am convinced this is a bug. DN gets 10% TM when Sion is debuffed. I have tested this in a Arena and used many attempts and get the same results. Enemy DN is jumping ahead of my much faster toons, even assuming DN gets 10% for each debuff on Sion. Anyone else seeing this? (You need to do maths:)
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    DN unique is giving him too much TM. That’s why it works so well. I am convinced this is a bug. DN gets 10% TM when Sion is debuffed. I have tested this in a Arena and used many attempts and get the same results. Enemy DN is jumping ahead of my much faster toons, even assuming DN gets 10% for each debuff on Sion. Anyone else seeing this? (You need to do maths:)

It is stated quite explicitly on the ability that it is 10% for each debuff...
  • Options
    First, you are wrong, the description does not state “each” debuff expressly. It says “a debuff”, which is ambiguous.
    Second, as I said, I calculated the TM for 10% for each debuff anyway.
    Third, even calculating the TM gains for each debuff on Sion, DN is getting more TM than his unique should provide.
    Fourth, has anyone else seen this?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Is it under a EP lead and he getting TM from expiring buffs?
  • Options
    He would also get turn meter after, y'know, the turn
  • Options
    First, you are wrong, the description does not state “each” debuff expressly. It says “a debuff”, which is ambiguous.
    Third, even calculating the TM gains for each debuff on Sion, DN is getting more TM than his unique should provide.

I'm sorry but your argument is invalid. It states "debuff" in other words it's PER debuff, not per unique debuffs. Check your facts before complaining.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Gives enemy vader speed but GK really makes sion I average 2 hatreds a match. Gk retribution spreads out the pain fast
  • Itsatrap5000
    47 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Is it under a EP lead and he getting TM from expiring buffs?

Thanks. Yes, it is under EP. I did control for that and checked expiring debuffs. Perhaps I missed one. That early in the match, I don’t think there are any debuffs expiring/being cleared, given the toons involved.
  • Options
    Morrigan10 wrote: »

I'm sorry but your argument is invalid. It states "debuff" in other words it's PER debuff, not per unique debuffs. Check your facts before complaining.

Did you even read my question? How about being helpful or not posting anything.
  • Wassup
    128 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Im still running a CLS team and I float around 100-150 on an older shard. Maybe switch to EP to move up below 100.

Have Sion at 4 stars. Is he arena viable there and if so what EP team? EP Vader Shore Sion + ? I can outspeed 75% of people at my level.

Thrawn, Tarkin DN Or Storm? My SiT is only 5 Star and DN is 6. I have Sid at 7 also but dont think he belongs.

Thanks in Advance.

Just pointing out Sid has several debuffs that, with Sith AOE, likely expire immediately. So... 25% TM after his special.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    @Wassup I ram into a team with a really fast Sid the other day in arena and he cleaned me up fast. Up to 4 extra debuffs on his AOE and the exposes pop immediatley if you put him between vader and Sion. Im gearing mine up now to test him out.

Im curious if his zeta gives him extra health from EPs potency lead?
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    Options
    Riktoven2 wrote: »
    EP, DV,DS, DN, Thrawn

Rex, Mother T, Thrawn, Sion, Nihilus

I am currently using this team and it seems far more useful even against the Meta