SWGOH: Q&A w/Producers - 3/17/18

Replies

  • Options
    I really want a zeta on my boy chopper. Please?
    Hit the gym.
  • Options
    Kinda makes me wanna apply for that open position. I can lie on the internet on Saturday night with the best of em.
  • Options
    Revise your thinking on sanbox mode.

    MOST of the playerbase has been dieing for some sort of no reward, unlimited way we can just spar with our guildmates.

    Dont put excuses in our mouth why its not important.

    It is literally more important then any other "fancy" feature you got cooking up. Thats how crucial mock battle/sandbox is.

    WE WANT SANDBOX/MOCK MODE!
  • Options
    Maztoras wrote: »
    Dont put excuses in our mouth why its not important.

    It is literally more important then any other "fancy" feature you got cooking up. Thats how crucial mock battle/sandbox is.
    Unfortunately, it seems that "important to the player base" does not have any correlation with "important to CG".
  • Options
    Prepare for it. Release cadence is based on RNG. There’s a 33% chance a legendary or mythic can drop in a month. Can’t wait to see the burned booties when Thrawn and his Ship return next week after Luke.
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see if the promised communication will happen on april 1st... I was pretty happy to see some form of communication on the weekend, people taking their jobs serious - But it appears there is no effort to follow up.
  • Options
    10 Hour Notice for CLS event, Improvements alread!!!!!
  • kalidor
    2124 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    It's a little strange that they're against adding a practice mode, since when Sion and Visas came out there were practice mode events specifically for them. Perhaps people didn't play them?
    I think all they need is a persistent event that samples from the top 10 in arena, perhaps arranged by tier. It has 3 difficulty tiers, so that T1 is sampled from arena servers months later than the player joined, T2 is from servers around the time you joined, and T3 is from early game servers. Each tier might be exactly like attacking in arena - show 3 enemies and you can reload them if you don't see a good target. Could have a separate practice event for Fleet too.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    You realize a F2P sandbox means that people would learn how to play the top tier in arena and stop paying for refreshing in arena. So even if they put a sandbox in it would not be free. If it doesn't make money it doesn't make sense.
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    It's a little strange that they're against adding a practice mode, since when Sion and Visas came out there were practice mode events specifically for them. Perhaps people didn't play them?
    I think all they need is a persistent event that samples from the top 10 in arena, perhaps arranged by tier. It has 3 difficulty tiers, so that T1 is sampled from arena servers months later than the player joined, T2 is from servers around the time you joined, and T3 is from early game servers. Each tier might be exactly like attacking in arena - show 3 enemies and you can reload them if you don't see a good target. Could have a separate practice event for Fleet too.
    I think the whole point of the Practice Arena idea is so that you can choose the teams that you face.
    Not just choose from whatever is cobbled together, but actually create your own composition for opponent teams.
    Others have said that they would like to use it as an area to try their team against a friend or Guild mate's.
  • Options
    The ability to pick from your guild's squads would be a nice trade off. It would create even more camraderie and engagement within a guild (especially if there was a ladder competition with some minor rewards) without requiring a lot of work from developers to develop a UI to select squads to practice against or require a lot of work from users to correctly 'design' their practice squads. I don't know about you, but managing mods on my own toons is enough work, I really wouldn't want to do it for a bunch of practice toons, especially every time I wanted to practice something.


  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Left Hand: Hey, Right Hand, I'm doing a Q&A over here about improving communication and listening to the player base. What are you doing?

    Right Hand: Ummmm....nothing. *releases CLS and R2 event with no notice.*

    :D

    Succinct and on target.
    That Late night session was the time to Say CLS was coming - whether people were prepared or not - that it was already in the pipe-way and there was nothing they could do about it - it was what it was.
    But no, 8 hour notice.
    Mind you I have JTR and CLS and all that (except chimera ) so whatever - but that doesn't mean I don't want more notice on the NEXT events to come!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Impromptu FAQ with producers, uneven communication/ thinly veiled threats with passive aggressiveness from Devs and ad-hoc events arrivals seem like CG is just rolling with the punches.

    It reflects badly to the company as a whole, in my opinion.
  • zzilla
    28 posts Member
    Options
    any plans for a seperatist / grievous rework in the near future? need me some meta defing op grievous action.....
  • Options
    I love everything you guys have done with the game and then you just keep devn it up!! No, I may not be a FTP member, and I have spent enough $ to 7* Sion, VetH, VetC,ra Unmasked Kylo, Visas, Amilyn and Mother T to name but a few of my transactions. And all that I would like to see developed is a guild rename feature!! PLEASE!! I inherited a guild and we're almost 70mil and would like to change our guilds name. Disbanding and creating a new guild to facilitate this end seems like a lot to give up in the way of raid currencies. I'm all for the enhanced channels of communication that's been spoke of for the road ahead and etc. I truly love this game and will be on board untill the servers de-energize!! Great work on all the awesome new content and would love to see a Heroes Fall or maybe a Lord's Rise leg event!! Also, the new matching mech with TW seems to be working quite nicely and has our guild stirring with an on the edge of your seat engagement!! Please excuse the critics of the new raid. Most aren't use to a game, especially a mobile game, presenting new diverse challenges this long after it's release and have gotten in a slump of looking at the game in means only of turn meter manipulation!! Yes this beast of a raid is very challenging but we're already figuring out or narrowing down the best squads found thus far so not a rubix cube but the best challenge to ones mind and timing brought into the game to date!! Bravo indeed!!

    PS:Ajunta Pall=the first Dark Jedi/Sith <--had a tethered lightsaber due to early power cell designs. Cool guy to consider for the next one of your mind blowing Febs..
    Thanks for all you do and keeping this game alive and fresh!! You guys rock!! Wish I worked there....

    Puke Crywalker
  • Options
    Also, how might I become or inquire about enlisting as a game changer? Is that still possible or are there X number of spots and that's it?
  • Options
    Also, how might I become or inquire about enlisting as a game changer? Is that still possible or are there X number of spots and that's it?

    I've asked this and have gotten no response so good luck.
  • Options
    So you wont add multiples of bronzium data packs cause its work? Also you have 8x data packs im sure it wouldnt be that hard you guys just dont want people getting free stuff
  • Options
    Why do the mythic and high end TB AI controlled NPCs all rely on speed as a crutch to defeat and stymie players? There is no skill involved for players to defeat. It is just a matter of finding top notch speed mods with speed secondaries and luck getting the speed secondary to level with upgrades. That’s not skill, that’s mechanics manipulation.

    Since this is just fight club Star Wars style, what is being done to address the speed imbalance in the future? This includes ships mechanics.

    Thank you.
  • Options
    Two questions that I have never gotten answered.

    Why can’t we change our payout or time zone? If a player moves into a new time zone or works a shift that doesn’t support the payouts, why can’t we change?
    Question 2, why can’t I chat? I’m 47 and like a lot of others I messed up when I started this game and put in a minors age, stupid me I know, but why can’t that be fixed? I can log in on a second device and chat, but my main Apple ID no chat, but you will take my money as a “minor” account. Why can’t I change/verify my age???
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Why can’t we change our payout or time zone? If a player moves into a new time zone or works a shift that doesn’t support the payouts, why can’t we change?
    Because that would require them to listen to and care about their players?
    My payout time comes at the end of the working day, so they must be catering for unemployed rich people.
    Same as DST not being taken into account. All they would need is to have blades or virtual servers set up for each time zone & have people from those time zones be placed on those respective servers.
    This would cause them work (& cost) though.
    Question 2, why can’t I chat? I’m 47 and like a lot of others I messed up when I started this game and put in a minors age, **** me I know, but why can’t that be fixed? I can log in on a second device and chat, but my main Apple ID no chat, but you will take my money as a “minor” account. Why can’t I change/verify my age???
    Presumably the reason for not being able to change your age is to stop children from circumventing the non-access to censored chat, by changing their age to that of an adult.
    As you say, a simple verification step could resolve this quite easily but there is a, at least possible, valid reason.
    Does beg the question of why you registered as a child in the first place, though?
  • Options
    Also, how might I become or inquire about enlisting as a game changer? Is that still possible or are there X number of spots and that's it?

    Your best bet is to start a YouTube channel to promote the game and make videos like the others. Eve really when you have enough followers and clout they will invite you to be one.
  • Options
    Let me toss out something that seems to not be understood by CG: to keep your whales happy, keep F2P happy.

    Whales have a variety of reasons for spending like they do on this game and others. One of the largest ones is the ability to gain a huge competitive advantage over F2P players and enjoy reaping the benefits of having additional tools, better payouts, inclusion in serious guilds, etc.

    Here's the thing: that model only works if the game is already viable as F2P. If the game -requires- P2P in order to be successful, paying is no longer an enjoyable way to essentially 'cheat' at the game, but a mandatory component of keeping the game playable and avoiding slipping into the uninspiring void of non-competitiveness. With this current run of changes and 'gotcha' character releases, not only are F2P players furious, since it's made it nigh impossible to keep up without logging in for all 800+ days in a row, it's starting to take the added joy out of P2P.

    Impulse buys are the foundation of the GaaS business model. When spending is not an optional bonus, people start to reevaluate those decisions. Sure, whales might spend $100, $200, $1,000 a month on the game. Very few of them take kindly to being told they -have- to spend that kind of money every single month, though. Eventually, F2P becomes worthless, P2P gets treated like F2P, and the game relies more and more heavily on an ever-shrinking minority of users. Additionally, when you crush F2P, you lose the opportunity to later convert players to P2P. Most players do not immediately log in and buy a $100 pack of crystals or whale a marquee toon to 7*. Players want an opportunity to see if they like the game and, if they do, may want to improve their standing in it with monetary investment.

    My understanding is that this is intended to be a game--something that produces fun. Treating your F2P player base as an irrelevant source of feedback and demanding ever-escalating investment from your P2P player base drives the experience much closer to a purely utilitarian one, and one which supplants entertainment with demands and punishment. That's only sustainable for so long. Consider the experience you're offering to F2P players, first and foremost. Once they're happy, then figure out what cool stuff you want to offer the rest of us.

    To sum it up, forget about what's right and wrong. It's fully within the rights of CG and EA to do whatever they think will make them the most profit. I simply contend that their best way to milk money from the player base is to first cater to the portion of it which doesn't spend money. This is a financial decision, plain and simple. Keeping F2P happy keeps the whole player base happy, which means more people spend. Listen to your customers--even the ones who are only paying you with their time. This 'P2P' goose has been laying golden eggs for 2+ years. It still needs company from normal geese so it can feel special. Don't take its friends away.
  • Options
    I am just wondering if it is possible to have another clone character like old Rex in rebels or other clone characters in the clone war
  • Options
    There's a really obvious reason why no "practice mode" exists nor will exist. Think about it.

    Why, because they won't make any money off players panic farming for it? That's such a lame reason. Having a happy playerbase is great for the long term health of the game, and this is the best thing they could do to make the playerbase happy
  • Options
    ArcLi wrote: »
    I am just wondering if it is possible to have another clone character like old Rex in rebels or other clone characters in the clone war

    I’d be neutral about it unless they added 5 more for a full squad, then I’d be ecstatic!
  • Options
    Two things that would make a lot of people happy:
    1) Being able to open more than one bronzium at a time.
    2) Practice Mode

    The likelihood of us getting these: 1.5/10
    My sadness toward this most certain reality: 6/10
    Will I play regardless of these things never being added: yes, 100%
    Does CG know this: Yes, 100%
    Therefore, CG wouldn’t waste resources on something that wouldn’t really have an impact on people staying with the game.
  • Options
    Tarugo91 wrote: »
    Please remove challenge gear from raid rewards. You know that this is useless yet you keep placing them in loot tables.

    +1 on this
    Deathsmind wrote: »
    Any word on what to do with excess gear? The daily challenges continue to give us a ton of gear that is pretty much useless now for anyone whos been playing for awhile now. I know a ton of people have 3k+ of certain gear parts. I could upgrade all my characters and still have way more than I need.

    We also have a ton of sim tickets that is just gaining daily. Im up to 9k

    Also some of the raids are giving us gear from these daily challenges which is very anticlimatic to do well in a raid and then get gear we dont even need.

    + 1
    Tarugo91 wrote: »
    Please remove challenge gear from raid rewards. You know that this is useless yet you keep placing them in loot tables.

    +1 on this
    Deathsmind wrote: »
    Any word on what to do with excess gear? The daily challenges continue to give us a ton of gear that is pretty much useless now for anyone whos been playing for awhile now. I know a ton of people have 3k+ of certain gear parts. I could upgrade all my characters and still have way more than I need.

    We also have a ton of sim tickets that is just gaining daily. Im up to 9k

    Also some of the raids are giving us gear from these daily challenges which is very anticlimatic to do well in a raid and then get gear we dont even need.

    + 1

    And just as we didn need more worthless gear pieces,the rewards for SITH RAID are a kick in the teeth and pretty awful for our guild efforts and times,THE SOLUTION is sooooo simple just remove any low level gear pieces from all raids, guess what we can use sim tickets to get more if we need them,but to get bog standard rewards for the time we put in, don't get me wrong the new raid is brilliant,but it's just more of the same rewards we don't need,which actually puts you off playing,
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    There's a really obvious reason why no "practice mode" exists nor will exist. Think about it.

    Why, because they won't make any money off players panic farming for it? That's such a lame reason. Having a happy playerbase is great for the long term health of the game, and this is the best thing they could do to make the playerbase happy

    Aye. I agree and even the argument some would put forth sggesting a lack of CG being able to monetize the feature doesn't hold water. The ability to play others ad hoc, be it guild mates, allies, etc, would extend the life of the game creating revenue stability with increased longevity. It also provides a new incentive to spend, but organically and not through any gamification.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Jeric wrote: »
    There's a really obvious reason why no "practice mode" exists nor will exist. Think about it.

    Why, because they won't make any money off players panic farming for it? That's such a lame reason. Having a happy playerbase is great for the long term health of the game, and this is the best thing they could do to make the playerbase happy

    Aye. I agree and even the argument some would put forth sggesting a lack of CG being able to monetize the feature doesn't hold water. The ability to play others ad hoc, be it guild mates, allies, etc, would extend the life of the game creating revenue stability with increased longevity. It also provides a new incentive to spend, but organically and not through any gamification.

    the only reason i can think of if they give a practice mode some people will buy less arena refreshes to try new things.
Sign In or Register to comment.