Forest Moon Event - How to beat it easily.

Replies

• LaksonVell wrote: »
    I beat the event myself with Palp vader thrawn moff chopper.

Chopper addition is really interesting.

No, it's not an "everyone can do it" event. But it's definitely doable mid-game I think. Well, I know - because I did it!

Chopper is one of the worst choices as a stand alone, but he was at 10k power whereas my TIE pilot was barely 6k and I had no other choises. He worked good at picking off leftover skulls that moff or vader left behind. I do not recommend having chopper here as one of your ideals choices, but you work with what you have.
  • LaksonVell wrote: »
    The point of the thread was to give an example of beating it with a team that any newbie can get. Kudos to everyone here that has a ZVeers, but not the point of the thread.
    Any newbie can get through it easily with the toons I posted. If you take out Thrawn and put DT,RG or Snowtrooper you still win easily with 5 easy-to-farm FTP toons.
  • I did it with HK lead b2 86 88 and rg. The biggest issue was phase 4, and I needed many attempts for some good RNG to get stuns from rg and ability block from hk and 88 on the elders. Key is to use aoe abilities to kill the skull bears, but timing them so that they are not on cooldown for phases 4 and 8.
  • Another vote for troopers. Veers, Starck, snow, storm, magma works easily. You can sub Starck for anything else if you don't have him.
  • I use Pal, Vader, Shore, Death, and tie pilot. They haven’t screwed me over.
  • Engels
    90 posts Member
    Troopers make it super easy
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    This event is the most **** I have seen yet. I have EP G10, Vader G10, RG G9, Moff G8, TFP G8, can't even beat the first tier, I gave up about 4 weeks ago too the last time this event ran.

With a WHOLE bunch of RNG and MANY tries I can now get to the last level with almost full health (level 4 is a real piece of work, the Elders ALWAYS manage to revive each other, the little **** scouts revive with full TM somehow, what a frustration that level). Then this little Chirpa creep in level 8 just keeps healing himself. Everyone got killed off except him and Vader, and I spent 5 mins fighting him 1 on 1, landed some 25K crits, and not good enough, just silly, he often gets two attacks for some reason too, he's tougher than Sion lol
  • Easy cake with lead EP, vader, Thrawn, R2 and BB8. AOE, AOE, AOE ^^
  • This event is the most **** I have seen yet. I have EP G10, Vader G10, RG G9, Moff G8, TFP G8, can't even beat the first tier, I gave up about 4 weeks ago too the last time this event ran.

With a WHOLE bunch of RNG and MANY tries I can now get to the last level with almost full health (level 4 is a real piece of work, the Elders ALWAYS manage to revive each other, the little **** scouts revive with full TM somehow, what a frustration that level). Then this little Chirpa creep in level 8 just keeps healing himself. Everyone got killed off except him and Vader, and I spent 5 mins fighting him 1 on 1, landed some 25K crits, and not good enough, just silly, he often gets two attacks for some reason too, he's tougher than Sion lol

@jayjonbeach Try adding Snowtrooper, drop TFP. Load Snow with crit chance mods and use his AOE with extreme prejudice.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Okay, unreal but I tried my droids, and auto'd thru T2, and most of T3 (beat it, went manual on final). color me impressed. My squad is far from ready, but hell I'll take the win.

y9kqt321i1sy.png

L - HK47 g9, IG-88 g8, zR2 (combat an) g12, Bb8 g11, Chopper g10
  • This event is the most **** I have seen yet. I have EP G10, Vader G10, RG G9, Moff G8, TFP G8, can't even beat the first tier, I gave up about 4 weeks ago too the last time this event ran.

@jayjonbeach Try adding Snowtrooper, drop TFP. Load Snow with crit chance mods and use his AOE with extreme prejudice.

Thanks I somehow after many tries and surfing bogus RNG managed to clear tier 1, and then found tier 2 to be even a bit easier. I have Snow and tried him, but I don't have the Omega on him to reduce his cooldowns, which is greatly needed for this event. Key for me was RG getting the right stuns as I think someone else mentioned. In the future Snow would make this much easier for sure, I will have Thrawn for the next one on Jul 23rd he might help :)
  • And another 20 tries today, and nada, this is my most hated event by far, just very very frustrating they are too fast, have too much health, they revive with full TM which is ridiculous, Elder's can revive EVERY SINGLE turn, they attack THREE times sometimes, just horrendous RNG fest really trying to get through it, hard to believe I got through tiers 1 and 2 yesterday. What the game REALLY needs badly is a "save your progress feature". So after you beat level one in a desired fashion you save, and when you die later you start on level 2. As it is now, you get to level 8, die, and have to do it ALL again a colossal WASTE OF TIME. UGGGG Time for me to quit this dam game again
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    I'm using a real basic one too, but until I have Thrawn I don't think I'll clear the bonus tier/mythic tier:

Palp(L) G8, Vader G9, Tarkin G8, TFP G8, RG G8

I just used my R2 team but their gear isn't great and no Zetas, but omegas on almost everything. Can't clear the bonus tier. Makes me want to upgrade Snowtrooper for the turn meter gains from the squishy Ewoks.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I'm using a real basic one too, but until I have Thrawn I don't think I'll clear the bonus tier/mythic tier:

Palp(L) G8, Vader G9, Tarkin G8, TFP G8, RG G8

I just used my R2 team but their gear isn't great and no Zetas, but omegas on almost everything. Can't clear the bonus tier. Makes me want to upgrade Snowtrooper for the turn meter gains from the squishy Ewoks.

That is what am I using, except my EP and Vader are G10. How many tried to get by Tier 2, or 1, for that matter? 20 tries last night, I hate this event I really do
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    @jayjonbeach

I've cleared tier 1 and 2. Using the event special that heals is key. Ended up using it for TFP and Tarkin during both runs on tier 1 and 2. Omega'd TFP's AoE and made sure that he targeted the elder whenever he used it so that the elder was ability blocked. Try and save up Tarkins Ultimate Firepower for the stages with full health Ewoks, it'll kill all of them if you've left it a stage or two.
  • Autobattled with ease Running HK, 88, bb, R2, K2.

My K2 hits for 10k on basic 20k on special unbuffed, Double that when ID hits.

Ewoks getting countered for 20k don't last long if they even get to go with every tier having my team starting at 90%+ tm
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    I use troopers... get to phase 8 easy and then never get a turn a die a slow death
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    rq108etc944z.png
    I’ve been autoing it with droids.
    Post edited by Mr_Sausage on
  • Lilpup wrote: »
    I use troopers... get to phase 8 easy and then never get a turn a die a slow death

@Lilpup on the Mythic tier, troopers do not work. But if you lead with zVader and pop them all with DoTs right at the beginning of P8, they all slowly kill themselves with all of their many, many turns. Shoretrooper is excellent at absorbing all the damage. Use Thrawn to regen Shore's protection at every opportunity so Shore is all prepped for a severe beating in P8. Deathtrooper and Snow round out the squad.
  • Lilpup wrote: »

@Lilpup on the Mythic tier, troopers do not work. But if you lead with zVader and pop them all with DoTs right at the beginning of P8, they all slowly kill themselves with all of their many, many turns. Shoretrooper is excellent at absorbing all the damage. Use Thrawn to regen Shore's protection at every opportunity so Shore is all prepped for a severe beating in P8. Deathtrooper and Snow round out the squad.

Thank you. I was trying to auto using that strategy earlier. Just manually went through and beat it...barely.
  • I wold avoid the popcorn, it's high in carbs and kernels may crack teeth. Those may be old folk problems and not associated with yonguns trying to finish this event.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • doable with Veers, Storm, Death, Starck and Snow? Do not have Shore yet. need to be 7* ? What gear levels min? I have a solid Emp team , G12 Vader, Palp, Thrawn, Tarkin,Royal, most of mine are G10, but no zetas on these toons yet. I seem to recall this thing **** me off last time I tried it lol. Reading this thread makes me glad I have been working on Imp. Troopers lately as another team to add to the TBs/TWs. Just not sure how beefed up is good enough for this event. Love to get it to ezmode auto farm. Thank you.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    HK, IG88, zzR2,zBb8, Chopper. Easy peasy

hcbnp3e8l5kl.png
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • Palpatine ; Zader ,,Moff , DT ; zThrawn works for all Tiers
  • Sauron2112 wrote: »
    doable with Veers, Storm, Death, Starck and Snow? Do not have Shore yet. need to be 7* ? What gear levels min? I have a solid Emp team , G12 Vader, Palp, Thrawn, Tarkin,Royal, most of mine are G10, but no zetas on these toons yet. I seem to recall this thing **** me off last time I tried it lol. Reading this thread makes me glad I have been working on Imp. Troopers lately as another team to add to the TBs/TWs. Just not sure how beefed up is good enough for this event. Love to get it to ezmode auto farm. Thank you.

I was not able to do it with Troopers. I could get to the last stage easily, but with no fracture on paplo to take out Elder first I couldn't survive long enough. My troopers are g 11/12 too.
  • I use zEmperor, Vader, Thrawn, R2D2, BB8 for mythic tier. Save BB8 Illuminated for last phase. Fracture Paploo, Kill Elder, Kill DPS, Clean up rest. Have done it first try every time with this team, I just have to play it out which can take some time.

For the non-mythic event I just auto troopers through all phases.
  • DarthSmoely22
    4 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    My chiefwimateeka team got them easily as well.

Palphatine, bb8, chopper, T3M4 and zK2SO.. And they all survive w full health

Yeah I got A zeta on k2 and he is wicket with T3's protection recovery. As well in A zeta rogue one team..

Only using bb8s massive skill to get an advantage at the two most difficult moment, those with the reviving deadly ewoks and the end game. Ability block from T3 is nice, such as palpi stun. Chopper is just chopper and k2 is tanking all the way. They even havent for best mods.

Hell yea the droids are going to meta this game

• DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Droids on auto all 3 tiers. Didn't bother with T4, I already beat the mythic level a while back.
  • @DuneSeaFarmer what was your Droid team, gear-wise?

I threw BB8 on my usual Empire team and they destroyed the first 3.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited November 2018