Director Krennic

Prev1
Is director Krennic worth farming? I know he has a lot of synergy with DT, but I can't farm DT right now (using cantina to get FBL and OBK up) I have an empire squad good enough to get R2, but from then on out I want to get stronger characters. My thoughts are:

EP (L), Vader, Krennic, DT, Thrawn.

EP (L), Vader, Krennic, Thrawn, Tank (Shore/GK would be optimal, but unable to get right now, so probably Royal Guard or Stormtrooper)

EP (L), Vader Krennic, DT, Tank

EP (L), Vader, Thrawn, Tank, TFP

for reference, my current team is EP (L), Vader, TFP, Tarkin, and RG.

What do you think?

Replies

• Krennic is great. The actor is awesome. The character is great. His kit, along with deathtrooper is a fun combo.
    Hit the gym.
  • Wassup
    128 posts Member
    Krennic is there solely to accelerate deathmarks. Wouldn’t worry about him if your DT isn’t up to snuff.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Krennic is very useful, but if you're planning on using him for arena, don't do it without DT. Don't listen to the haters out there - his kit is very useful and he hits like a Death Star targeting Alderaan, but he won't last long without DT protecting him.
  • Cool thanks for the feedback!
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    Again, it's not that he is a bad character, it's just that there are always better ones than him. Damage? Sure, highest basic, but who needs basic when you can just uber stuns and tm lock down a toon? He simply doesn't offer much of a threat in a team other than damage and people often target other vital characters in your squad and eradicate the team all too quickly.
  • Well he's not that bad. We did this in the Sith raid a few minutes ago.
    KwVOyi5.png[\img]
  • Well, if u wanna better place in arena u should use same team like anyone in the top arena.. which is: palp lead, vader, sion, nihilus, thrawn. Krennic team is like cheerleader team in arena nowadays hmm
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Well, if u wanna better place in arena u should use same team like anyone in the top arena.. which is: palp lead, vader, sion, nihilus, thrawn. Krennic team is like cheerleader team in arena nowadays hmm

Exactly. And I can guarantee you if I ever see a Krennic team in my shard I will definitely target him.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    I use Krennic in arena, against many Sions. Can't say I'm too impressed.
  • Shrug. I love Krennic. He's best with DT and DT's zeta, but Krennic is no slouch either. Basic hits hard. AoE stagger is great, and his special shot is good (but not amazing).

Not using him this second in Arena, but an EP lead with Vader, Krennic, DT, and Thrawn is a nice squad.
  • Money
    11 posts Member
    I run Gear X EP (L), Gear XI Vader, Gear XI DT, Gear X Krennic and Gear X ST (5*) in arena with decent success. My team power is only 80k but I can farm rebel teams with 100k+ power. I also do not have zeta on DT yet so once I get that, it should be a decent improvement. I feel like finishing in top 100 is pretty good considering that all the teams around me have atleast 10-20k more power than me and mostly golden characters. Works well against Nightsisters as well, havent tried against other Empire teams.

I have zeta Nihilus at 7* as well but I prefer Krennic and Shoretrooper over it.

• Dryff
    672 posts Member
    On this topic...does anyone run Krennic zeta leadership? I feel like with the rework to Vader's speed, you might be able to run this:

zKrennic (L), Vader, TFP, DT, Shore/Storm

The idea being that Vader would go first and apply DoTs to everyone, then TFP being fast enough could be modded for Crit Chance to put unresistable ability block on the entire enemy team. In theory, it sounds like a great opening to a fight. I can see how JTR would still be a problem though...
  • With GK and shoretrooper so prevalent, his leadership is wasted in arena, too much crit immunity.

He's great in ds tb, especially with his zeta, I run him with dt, thrawn, shore, and either tarkin or tfp. Easy 4/4 oin phase 6, pretty much full protection on everyone.
  • Aplus wrote: »
    Well, if u wanna better place in arena u should use same team like anyone in the top arena.. which is: palp lead, vader, sion, nihilus, thrawn. Krennic team is like cheerleader team in arena nowadays hmm

Exactly. And I can guarantee you if I ever see a Krennic team in my shard I will definitely target him.

and when i see that you did it i would come right back for you. and win 10 out of 10. so that argument is void
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    212Attack wrote: »
    Aplus wrote: »

and when i see that you did it i would come right back for you. and win 10 out of 10. so that argument is void

Moving up in arena is void?

Do you only target people that beat you first? How do you even track that?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • 212Attack wrote: »
    Aplus wrote: »

well, literally everyone will target you, so you go to bed rank 1, you wake up rank 70. I run FO, they are nice offensively, but i still fall faster than i can handle without multiple refreshes
  • and why in Gods name would you use DK lead??? he is best under Z EP or Z thrawn he hits harder than Han and feeds DT which make life easy. Target me fools ill end up at the end of the day right back where i started and i run ZZ thrawn Z DT DK Z starck and shore....
  • and before u say wheres the Defense?? nothing in this game holds at all
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    and before u say wheres the Defense?? nothing in this game holds at all
    Some teams/players drop considerably less far than others.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

and every time you waste an attack to reestablish your rank, you devalue the final payout. Sure Krennic teams can win on offense. Sure no team can truly hold on defense. But as leef said, the further you fall, the more work to get back up to the top and the greater likelihood of spending crystals for refreshes.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    I really wish Krennic was better than the impression I get that he is from what ppl say here. Would have been fun to have used him in a squad with DT, shore and Thrawn. Still gonna farm him though.
  • He IS good. Just not game breaking. That doesn't diminish his overall usefulness or value in the game as he can be quite effective in DSTB and possibly other areas of the game.

Personally, I wouldn't go out of my way to star and gear him up, but that is my personal choice and I certainly wouldn't place him in my arena team over just about any other empire or sith characters (maybe dooku :) )
  • Ferret2112 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

and every time you waste an attack to reestablish your rank, you devalue the final payout. Sure Krennic teams can win on offense. Sure no team can truly hold on defense. But as leef said, the further you fall, the more work to get back up to the top and the greater likelihood of spending crystals for refreshes.

soo logic here if im at the same rank or higher as last payout thats "devalued?" dude move on
  • Stokat wrote: »
    I really wish Krennic was better than the impression I get that he is from what ppl say here. Would have been fun to have used him in a squad with DT, shore and Thrawn. Still gonna farm him though.

st some point u will realize that DK hits harder and with DT lasts longer than OG han. empire all the way **** that rebel **** ****
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Ferret2112 wrote: »

soo logic here if im at the same rank or higher as last payout thats "devalued?" dude move on

It is if you needed to refresh after wasting attacks on everyone who attacked you.
  • leef wrote: »

It is if you needed to refresh after wasting attacks on everyone who attacked you.

just stop dude, that doesnt happen a whole lot. you have made your point they dont last on D. but offensively they are better then anything CLS can bring. and i prove it every day
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

just stop dude, that doesnt happen a whole lot. you have made your point they dont last on D. but offensively they are better then anything CLS can bring. and i prove it every day

So you actually agree with pretty much everyone commenting in this thread; awesome on offence, not so much on defence.
    Not sure why it got so hostile though.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

So you actually agree with pretty much everyone commenting in this thread; awesome on offence, not so much on defence.
    Not sure why it got so hostile though.

Internet.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH