Visas Marr sometimes counters a debugging attack and sometimes doesnt

So, I have a 4 star zeta Visas Marr (I know .....) anyways, sometimes she will receive an attack from a sith which inflicts a debuff on her and she will counter, thus cleansing the debuff, other times she won’t counter and then the debuff sticks shutting down all future counters and assists.

Which way is it supposed to be? Obviously I’d prefer the first, but I’d like it to be consistent regardless.

She starts out with no debuffs in both cases.

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    Skill level 7 is 100% counter chance with no debuffs, according to the skill description in game.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I think it depends when the debuff is applied Before or after damage.
    Counter attacks work with kind of a que
    If debuff is applied before damage than her couter rating goes to 0 before she gets damaged so no counter
    If debuff is applied after damage than the counter attack is already qued before debuff and she will counter.
    Example:
    Vader basic does damage than applies ability block same with his force crush
    EP however applies shock before doing damage.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    If debuff is applied before damage than her couter rating goes to 0 before she gets damaged so no counter
    If debuff is applied after damage than the counter attack is already qued before debuff and she will counter.
    Example:

That seems to make sense but how do you know that Palpatine s shock is before the damage? His ability reads: “deal special damage to target enemy and shock them for...”
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Example:

That seems to make sense but how do you know that Palpatine s shock is before the damage? His ability reads: “deal special damage to target enemy and shock them for...”

SWGoH.gg shows the mechanics of each attack. There you can see the order of operations (which is nothing like the description as all say deal damage then do other stuff)

EP basic
    kZk3s5P.jpg

Vader basic
    lQXtxEH.jpg

Note: there isn't a lot of consistency with attacks about debuffs Appling before or after damage.
  • Obi_six_Kenobi
    370 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I didn’t know that, thanks!