Mk III Carbanatis possible rewards

A lot of my guildmates and I are curious as to why you never get more than 5 mk 3 carbanatis from the daily challenge when it's says you can get up to 7 per attempt. We've been playing for years yet nobody has ever gotten a 6 or 7 drop, it seems to max out at 5. Is this intended?

Replies

• I thought it was impossible to get higher than 5, but I actually managed to get 7 the other day. It's probably as rare as getting 10 million in a Credit Heist, but it does happen. Followed immediately up by a couple 3's in a row, of course.
  • I thought it was impossible to get higher than 5, but I actually managed to get 7 the other day. It's probably as rare as getting 10 million in a Credit Heist, but it does happen. Followed immediately up by a couple 3's in a row, of course.

The 10 million from the credit heist isn't any were near as rare as the mythical 7 carbantis. At least half the folks in my guild have gotten at least one 10 million credit drop, some of us have had more than 1. However I've never had more than 5, no one in any guild I've been in has had more than 5, and you're only the second person I've ever seen on the forum to claim they've gotten more than 5. So in short, 10 million credit heist=finding cash on the ground, more than 5 carbantis=winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning on the same day
  • To us and most of the world 3-7 means equal chance to hit a number in that range. Here in this game they reworked it to mean 3 drop is 99%, 4 drop is 85%, 5 drop is 40%, 6 and 7 are .0000001%. Not real numbers but I think they represent it well.
  • yeah, it's definitely lower than the credit heist. I've gotten 10 mil in the credit heist, but I've never gotten 7 Carbs and if you think about it, I've probably pulled 20x more STR challenges than credit heists.