Grand Master Yoda Rework

Grand master yoda Kit was build before the game creator added Protection system in the game! and yoda never realy been adapted to that! As legendary event character, GMY should be the best jedi in the game. So there is my rework for Grand master yoda

Grand master yoda would become the fastest character in the game with 175 base speed! thats not normal that actualy GMY yoda is slower Than Hoda!

tex.ability_yodagrandmaster_basic.png
Deal physical damage to target enemy. If that enemy has more than 50% Health, Yoda gains 40% Turn Meter and Foresight for 2 turns.

Deal physical damage to target enemy. Yoda gains 40% Turn Meter and Foresight for 2 turns.

tex.ability_yodagrandmaster_special01.png
Deal Special damage to target enemy with a 70% chance to remove 70% Turn Meter. If that enemy had less than 100% Health, they are also Stunned for 1 turn.

Deal Special damage to target enemy, remove 70% Turn Meter. If that enemy had less than 100% Health, they are also Stunned for 1 turn.(canont be resisted or evaded)

tex.ability_yodagrandmaster_special02.png
Yoda gains Tenacity Up and Foresight for 2 turns, then grants each ally every non-unique buff he has (excluding Stealth and Taunt) for 2 turns, with a 40% chance to also grant Yoda 35% Turn Meter.

Yoda gains Tenacity Up and Foresight for 2 turns, then grants each ally every non-unique buff he has (excluding Stealth and Taunt) for 2 turns, Grand master yoda gain 100% turn meter and all other jedi aly gain 25% turn meter

tex.abilityui_passive_removeharmful.png
Jedi allies gain 30% Tenacity, gain 30% Turn Meter whenever they Resist a debuff, and whenever they suffer a debuff they gain Tenacity Up for 1 turn at the end of that turn.

Jedi allies gain 30% Tenacity, gain 30% Turn Meter and 5% offence (stacking ) whenever they Resist a debuff, and whenever they suffer a debuff they gain Tenacity Up for 1 turn at the end of that turn.

I would also Give im a unique ability that will have a zeta!

Every time an ally Resist or Suffer a debuff, grand master yoda will gain 15% offence and 5 speed until the end of his next turn. He will aslo gain 5% max health stacking until the end of the battle

Replies

• Options
    With as skilled as Yoda was as a swordsman, his attacks should ignore Protection TBH.
    He should also have a Passive buff to pass on to his Jedi allies. OR a second leader ability.

For example, an effect which triggers each time he attacks with any ability called..whatever..Trust Your Feelings.

Each time Yoda attacks he grants a random Jedi ally Trust Your Feelings until the end of the encounter. TYF cannot be dispelled.

Whenever a Jedi has TYF they grant each of the following:
    Attacks and damages with a basic attack, they heal themselves and all Jedi allies 1% health and protection for each ally with TYF.

If their attack misses, they grant all Jedi allies 1% offense and accuracy for each ally with TYF

Suffers a debuff, they grant all Jedi allies with TYF 1% Tenacity and defense for each ally with TYF

Whenever a Jedi uses a non-attacking ability, they grant all allies 5% TM for each ally with TYF.

Whenever a Jedi is critically hit, they grant 1% critical avoidance and evasion per TYF.

I'm not good with the numbers in this game's mechanics, but something along these lines.
  • Obi_six_Kenobi
    370 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I really like your suggestions and I completely agree that he needs to be updated! I like that you changes aren’t drastic but make him more relevant.

One additional change (which is a little more drastic) I’d like to see is a change to his aoe. With the current number of toons that can counter, I find it very difficult to ever really use his aoe, especially since the damage inflicted is almost negligeable. I would like it to not be an aoe. GMY still copies all of the opposing teams buffs, but then maybe cleanses all allies debuffs and heals 20% protection.
  • Options
    Or maybe instead of cleansing all allies he copies all enemy buffs then removes all enemy buffs
  • Options
    Good ideas overall, but I can't agree with the change that you gave his basic. It allows him to basically never be without Foresight. As it currently is, you have to make a tactical decision on whether or not Yoda will attack someone below 50% and miss out on Foresight. Besides he grants himself Foresight for 2 turns already, and will often have it up while still being able to finish off a toon near death.

They need to hurry up and redo a large number of Jedi, and get to my favorite Mace Windu. He desperately needs a rework even more than Yoda IMO.
  • Human3001
    74 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    My GMY would look like this.

Basic attack: if the attack results in a crit hit Yoda gains (depending on skill level) 10/25/40 percentage turnmeter and has increased defense for 1 round

First special (cooldown 4): deals special damage to the selected target. For each Jedi team member this attack has (again skill level) a plus 5/10/15 percentage crit chance. A crit hit will stun the target for 1 round

Second special (cooldown 5): Deals special damage to all enemies. For each enemy that has a debuff GMY recovers (skill level) 3/5/10 percentage protection. After the attack all Jedi team members gets counter attack for 2 rounds.

Unique ability: If GMY his hit with a crit hit all Jedi team members get increased attack and crit chance for 1 round. Also all Jedi team members but GMY have a (skill level) 10/20/30/40/50/60/70 percentage chance to lower their cooldown timers by 1.

Zeta adds 1 round of foresight for all Jedi team members but GMY to this ability.

Leader ability: At the beginning of his round GMY resolves all debuffs from all Jedi team members but himself if their health is below 50% [edit: 100 to 50]. If a Jedi team member gets defeated all Jedi team members gain 50% turnmeter and advantage for 1 round.

Zeta adds a 75% chance for GMY to recover 25% health if a Jedi team member gets defeated. Also GMY ignores taunting and deals 25% more damage if he attacks an enemy that taunts.

[Edit] a numbers mix up
    Post edited by Human3001 on
    Ally code 428-543-243
  • Options
    @KruinephPennigton I dig your suggestions. They keep his kit in tact but updates it to make him much more useful. I'm for all of it. if I would suggest anything further, it would be the addition of a slightly OP unique. He is Yoda after all......
  • Options
    Definitely needs a rework and some good ideas here
  • Options
    Good ideas. I have some suggestions too, his AoE for instance should STEAL instead of COPY the buffs. Dispels all buffs on all enemies and steals them for himself.

Battle meditation should dispel all debuffs from all allies and then grant all allies foresight and Jedi allies 25% tm AND offense up for two turns.

Also, Yoda has +100% offense against Sith.