Achievements

Prev1
AA86
102 posts Member
Should we not be getting achievements for getting all stars in Catina battles, light side battles and dark side battles????

Replies

• No, you receive the Achievement for finishing the run of battles, no matter if 1 star or 3.
  • AA86 wrote: »
    Should we not be getting achievements for getting all stars in Catina battles, light side battles and dark side battles????

You would think that that is an achievement.
  • The reward for 3* is being able to sim the battle and farm it's drops.
  • Was_Whut wrote: »
    The reward for 3* is being able to sim the battle and farm it's drops.

I would like a small trophy.
  • I would like a small trophy.
    That's nice?
    That's nice?

With the way things are in the game, we could all use credits, crystals or a combination of the two. I'm not saying throw me clone wars chewie shards, but at least they help in the shard shop.
  • Was_Whut
    46 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    With the way things are in the game, we could all use credits, crystals or a combination of the two. I'm not saying throw me clone wars chewie shards, but at least they help in the shard shop.
    I apologise. I thought that your "small trophy" comment was a joke.
    You received credits and shards or crystals for completing the battles. So you want more rewards for doing the same thing, better, but making it easier for you to farm the contents isn't enough?
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Was_Whut wrote: »
    You received credits and shards or crystals for completing the battles. So you want more rewards for doing the same thing, better, but making it easier for you to farm the contents isn't enough?

You don't feel that getting a 3* on every single node is achievement worthy?

Or are you only here to argue for no reason.

I was a joke, but I do think that a full 3 star finish on all nodes is more of an achievement worthy thing than merely finishing.
  • But once you finish the LS, DS and CB, there are still other aspects of the game to still play.
    That's nice?

I could use those Chewie shards still need to 7 star him
  • I think it would be cool if there was trophies in the game! Not owns that give out rewards but just achievements for things like getting all 3 stars... would be cool to have on the game resume
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Cooncoon wrote: »
    I think it would be cool if there was trophies in the game! Not owns that give out rewards but just achievements for things like getting all 3 stars... would be cool to have on the game resume

On paper it sounds good. And feels great for bragging rights, up until the commumity starts to use it as a gateing/filtering tool. "Oh you wanna join this haat guild? Lets see your chievos"

*editted for poor phone auto correct*
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Mullato wrote: »

I would say that it might be, depends on how you classify something as an achievement, but it definitely isn't double achievement worthy.

From what I read, the point the one you're responding to is making, is that you have already received 3 achievements for completing each of the individual sections.
    You also receive the ability to farm the character or gear from that node for getting it to 3*, rather than having to manually fight it each time.
    As such, you wanting a 4th for completing all 3, when you already received individual reward & merit for each, seems redundant.
    That's how I read it, anyway.

Would you be OK to lose the achievements & rewards for completing the individual sections & have this for the 3* in their place? I mean, it's not really all that much of an achievement to make it through LS, DS or Cantina, so we do away with them & replace it with one for getting 3* in all? I'm all for it.

There's a perfectly valid reason for his point of view, in that respect, though. It didn't seem to be presented in an argumentative fashion. In fact, I didn't actually see anyone creating anything argumentative until you got involved.
    Post edited by Well_I_Never on
  • I don’t think you need a separate award for three starring a node. You earn the right to sim in. Enjoy your time back.
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    I would simply enjoy if they reduced the amount of arena battles needed for the achievements. 2500 was brutal enough. 10k is ridiculous. And 5 vader shards for it? Come in CG, that’s super lame. Reduce it to 3-4K wins and give us something better. 2k crystals....wampa shards....anything. 10k wins is basically impossible unless you plan this game to be playable for another 5 years.
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Cm3Po wrote: »
    I would simply enjoy if they reduced the amount of arena battles needed for the achievements. 2500 was brutal enough. 10k is ridiculous. And 5 vader shards for it? Come in CG, that’s super lame. Reduce it to 3-4K wins and give us something better. 2k crystals....wampa shards....anything. 10k wins is basically impossible unless you plan this game to be playable for another 5 years.
    lol at 5 per day that's 2,000 days, 5.4 years, less than 1 Vader shard per year as a reward!
    Even with crystal refresh every day to make it 10 a day, it's still 2.7 years!
    That's not an achievement, that's masochism! lol
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member

I would say that it might be, depends on how you classify something as an achievement, but it definitely isn't double achievement worthy.

From what I read, the point the one you're responding to is making, is that you have already received 3 achievements for completing each of the individual sections.
    You also receive the ability to farm the character or gear from that node for getting it to 3*, rather than having to manually fight it each time.
    As such, you wanting a 4th for completing all 3, when you already received individual reward & merit for each, seems redundant.

Would you be OK to lose the achievements & rewards for completing the individual sections & have this for the 3* in their place? I mean, it's not really all that much of an achievement to make it through LS, DS or Cantina, so we do away with them & replace it with one for getting 3* in all? I'm all for it.

There's a perfectly valid reason for his point of view, in that respect, though. It didn't seem to be presented in an argumentative fashion. In fact, I didn't actually see anyone creating anything argumentative until you got involved.

Alright then.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member

Ok then.
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I was a joke, but I do think that a full 3 star finish on all nodes is more of an achievement worthy thing than merely finishing.
    I agree. Finishing all battles to 3* is absolutely the greater accomplishment.
    So, would you prefer to not receive the 3 rewards for completing each, but receive a combined, bigger (than the individual) reward for gaining 3* in all?
    Would that actually be any different, though?
    Or, are you asking for an achievement and reward for finishing each section & then another achievement and another reward when you finish all 3, to 3* & actually finish/complete them?
  • I was a joke, but I do think that a full 3 star finish on all nodes is more of an achievement worthy thing than merely finishing.
    I agree. Finishing all battles to 3* is absolutely the greater accomplishment.
    So, would you prefer to not receive the 3 rewards for completing each, but receive a combined, bigger (than the individual) reward for gaining 3* in all?
    Would that actually be any different, though?
    Or, are you asking for an achievement and reward for finishing each section & then another achievement and another reward when you finish all 3, to 3* & actually finish/complete them?

I'm not asking for anything, but it would be nice to have some sort of acknowledgement for 100% completion of all 3 areas, not just DS battles. The only hindering aspect is if they decide to add another set of battles to each.
  • I agree with the OP too. It's like pretty much every achievement-featured game on steam, x-box, Google play etc out there: an achievement for completing every mission, and one more for going back and making sure you did everything perfectly.
    Even if it didn't yield much, it'd still feel great to earn and it'd give players (ok, the ones who play more for fun, not the hardcore ones who wouldn't bother) something to work on?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I'm surprised there are folks who are so anti this. A one-time reward for 100% completion on up to three boards isn't such an outlandish request considering we have one for finishing a monthly event 10 times that gives 50 pieces of a gear item everyone has thousands of.

Simmer down. This isn't some huge request that someone made, nor is it an ultimatum or long rant. It's just a guy expressing a wish. It's not even like the really weird entitled people who complain about the free gifts or the free rewards for things not being good enough.
    Range1974 wrote: »
    I don’t think you need a separate award for three starring a node. You earn the right to sim in. Enjoy your time back.
    Not for 3-starring a node. For 3-starring EVERY node.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I'm surprised there are folks who are so anti this. A one-time reward for 100% completion on up to three boards isn't such an outlandish request considering we have one for finishing a monthly event 10 times that gives 50 pieces of a gear item everyone has thousands of.

Simmer down. This isn't some huge request that someone made, nor is it an ultimatum or long rant. It's just a guy expressing a wish. It's not even like the really weird entitled people who complain about the free gifts or the free rewards for things not being good enough.
    I'm not intending to be argumentative, these are just my thoughts on the matter & they differ from yours, so I'm asking in an attempt to understand your point of view.

It is an achievement to finish all to 3*, but the game doesn't recognise it and reward it as such.
    As you say, the rewards giving 50 pieces of gear that everyone has thousands of, just adds more weight to it being entirely redundant. Why would you even want this?
    Why does everyone feel the need to be repeatedly rewarded with additional items for doing basic completion items?
    The Achievements in this game are not visible by anybody, they're just for the player.
    The player already knows that they have completed it, so what's the point of gaining an instantly forgettable "achievement" that no-one else even knows that you gained?
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

I'm not intending to be argumentative, these are just my thoughts on the matter & they differ from yours, so I'm asking in an attempt to understand your point of view.

It is an achievement to finish all to 3*, but the game doesn't recognise it and reward it as such.
    As you say, the rewards giving 50 pieces of gear that everyone has thousands of, just adds more weight to it being entirely redundant. Why would you even want this?
    Why does everyone feel the need to be repeatedly rewarded with additional items for doing basic completion items?
    The Achievements in this game are not visible by anybody, they're just for the player.
    The player already knows that they have completed it, so what's the point of gaining an instantly forgettable "achievement" that no-one else even knows that you gained?

Why not?
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Why not?
    Because, as was quite clearly explained in the post you replied to, it's redundant.
    Not only that, but beyond why would you want it, do you really believe that the devs would devote time, effort & finance to something that is redundant & worthless?

Your response is rather pathetically weak as an argument for.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Why not?
    Because, as was quite clearly explained in the post you replied to, it's redundant.
    Not only that, but beyond why would you want it, do you really believe that the devs would devote time, effort & finance to something that is redundant & worthless?

Your response is rather pathetically weak as an argument for.

Everything you have said is weak tbh.

Let's just scrap all achievements because clearly we are the only ones who can see them. So that means they don't matter right ?
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Let's just scrap all achievements because clearly we are the only ones who can see them. So that means they don't matter right ?
    Are you a 10 year old child? Your posts really make it seem as if you are.
    No-one suggested anything of the sort. Your comprehension skills are seriously questionable.
    Of course they don't matter!

Either way, I responded with reasons and justification for my point of view.
    You are clearly unable to and have just jumped in to try and be an irritant.
    I've seen you behave this same way in other places on the forum and I'm not prepared to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
    You go on my ignore list.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member

Are you a 10 year old child? Your posts really make it seem as if you are.
    No-one suggested anything of the sort. Your comprehension skills are seriously questionable.
    Of course they don't matter!

Either way, I responded with reasons and justification for my point of view.
    You are clearly unable to and have just jumped in to try and be an irritant.
    You go on my ignore list.

Whatever floats your boat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I was two stars away from maxing out every board for a very long time and just never finished any of them off because they were, like, 5A light normal and 3B dark hard or whatever. There was no incentive to get the last two stars because those aren’t important nodes.

I eventually did it because why not? Had there been an achievement I would have gone for it directly.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.