After 2+ years and $200+ spent on the game, I wanted to give feedback

japanesepeso
4 posts Member
edited March 2018
Hi there CG! I wanted to give some feedback. Hopefully you will find it productive and useful.

TW Matchmaking issues
When TW came out it was a lot of fun! Really hooked me back into the game. But now it's just gotten worse and worse with every iteration. As a web app programmer myself, I am more than a bit sympathetic to things popping up that you don't have the resources to test but really the matchmaking and deployment numbers have just been awful the past three TWs (including this one). I can't imagine what kind of matchmaking algorithm you have that couldn't be tested better beforehand but to me that really just shows a lack of effort by whoever owns that code.

The New Raid
It's not fun. Maybe some people are enjoying it a lot? I dunno. I am just not enjoying it at all personally. No team that I make for it does anything.

JTR Re-Release
Ever since the vets came out, I have been farming them with 1-2 refreshes per day EXCEPT for a break to get my CHS to seven stars to help my guild out. JTR coming out this early has left me at about 40/100 shards and I think a lot of people are in the same boat as me.

If any one of those things happened I don't think it would have been a deal breaker, but all of them is just really off-putting. I'm sure you are trying to make the best game possible and hope that this feedback helps you to make it closer to that.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Lot more right behind you . I just spent 32 spins for 1 carbanti. It’s getting old
  • So let's try to understand the logic.
    Devs create amazing free content for all.
    Players have the choice to upgrade at their own discretion using $

You're mad because Devs can't accommodate your personal timing

Makes sense
  • I get the sith raid thing, needing fully modded g10+ teams to dent t2 designed for g3 2* chars is bad, but after you accept that it's obviously not and take it for what it is you just work at your squad.
    Farming complaints are really played, every good game has serious RNG involved, and every game forum has people who want stuff now. Some games let you pay to make up for the time lost due to bad RNG, some don't. Play what is fun for you, but maybe just get JTR next time around.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Hi there CG! I wanted to give some feedback. Hopefully you will find it productive and useful.

TW Matchmaking issues
    When TW came out it was a lot of fun! Really hooked me back into the game. But now it's just gotten worse and worse with every iteration. As a web app programmer myself, I am more than a bit sympathetic to things popping up that you don't have the resources to test but really the matchmaking and deployment numbers have just been awful the past three TWs (including this one). I can't imagine what kind of matchmaking algorithm you have that couldn't be tested better beforehand but to me that really just shows a lack of effort by whoever owns that code.

The New Raid
    It's not fun. Maybe some people are enjoying it a lot? I dunno. I am just not enjoying it at all personally. No team that I make for it does anything.

JTR Re-Release
    Ever since the vets came out, I have been farming them with 1-2 refreshes per day EXCEPT for a break to get my CHS to seven stars to help my guild out. JTR coming out this early has left me at about 40/100 shards and I think a lot of people are in the same boat as me.

If any one of those things happened I don't think it would have been a deal breaker, but all of them is just really off-putting. I'm sure you are trying to make the best game possible and hope that this feedback helps you to make it closer to that.

TW Matchmaking: Yeah they screwed up, and they know it
    Raid: idk git gud B) (actually it's supposed to be super challenging, why make it something every guild can do?)
    JTR: Did you not notice her re-release coincided with the release of Last Jedi on Blu-Ray?
    Post edited by Kyno on
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

TW Matchmaking issues

The New Raid

JTR Re-Release

Technically speaking one of those things didn't happen.

Rey didn't come back "early" as there is no set schedule or stated date for return.
    And you do openly admit to stopping your own focused farm on them to do something else. So that one doesn't seem to fall on their side of the court.
  • japanesepeso
    4 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Kyno wrote: »

Rey didn't come back "early" as there is no set schedule or stated date for return.
    And you do openly admit to stopping your own focused farm on them to do something else. So that one doesn't seem to fall on their side of the court.

Excuse me, are you a representative of CG? It says you are a moderator? I am a former customer saying I won't be consuming your product anymore and this is the response you give? I came here to give feedback that devs can use to lower turnover and, quite frankly, your response is disrespectful.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Excuse me, are you a representative of CG? It says you are a moderator? I am a former customer saying I won't be consuming your product anymore and this is the response you give? I came here to give feedback that devs can use to lower turnover and, quite frankly, your response is disrespectful.

Man... I feel for ya! I honestly come to the official forums mostly out of morbid curiosity to see what they'll do next when dealing with customers.

Each one of your points IS VALID considering they lost a paying customer and these points are the reason why.

Hopefully someone with an ounce of sense will read it from that perspective.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Technically speaking one of those things didn't happen.

And you do openly admit to stopping your own focused farm on them to do something else. So that one doesn't seem to fall on their side of the court.[/quote]

Seriously, don’t talk to people like they’re stupid especially when they are leaving the community.
    The RJT argument that’s theres no “set schedule” is ridiculous. Please show me a successful business where there’s no product release schedule. The Heroic journey events are supposed to be incredibly rare and there’s only one other event like it for the community to compare it to. The CLS event was around 140 days between events and this returned in 95 days. Hell, CG even teased the return of CLS in the monthly updates. This time around, the event comes earlier than expected with no warning. It also came at a time where your “elder” player base is consumed in TB which makes individual players subvert their individual desires to go all in on the guild experience or be shut off from new toons, new gear sources, and g12 gear.

The OP is not wrong about TW. Loved it when it came out, now not as much. Heard multiple players who would be considered “whales” based on the money invested into the game voice how they are ready to quit. Saw a 2.7 mil player walk away from the game today over it.

And the OP isn’t far off base about the new raid. Didn’t y’all learn anything from the release of the AAT raid? People couldn’t clear p1 on normal! This isn’t the first version of the AAT, but it’s close. And if you don’t have the aforementioned essentially paywalled character (cause vets were not f2p till the absolute last minute), a player is going to struggle to clear the minimum 2% needed just to get by p1. “Git guud” is stupid advice to all of us.

But hey it’s cool. There’s plenty of other games to play where the community isn’t treated like an abused cash cow...

• Skynibbler
    109 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Excuse me, are you a representative of CG? It says you are a moderator? I am a former customer saying I won't be consuming your product anymore and this is the response you give? To edit my post to make it seem like I am not leaving and then to basically discount my experiences? I came here to give feedback that devs can use to lower turnover and, quite frankly, your response is disrespectful.

I can answer that. Because the people who work in the forums (and Customer Support and other player-facing groups) are working within parameters that have been set out for them by CVG. Sometimes intent can translate into something that in practice may come across as too draconian, which is why they wanted to show their commitment to improving this last Saturday night.
  • Technically speaking one of those things didn't happen.

Seriously, don’t talk to people like they’re **** especially when they are leaving the community.
    The RJT argument that’s theres no “set schedule” is ridiculous. Please show me a successful business where there’s no product release schedule. The Heroic journey events are supposed to be incredibly rare and there’s only one other event like it for the community to compare it to. The CLS event was around 140 days between events and this returned in 95 days. Hell, CG even teased the return of CLS in the monthly updates. This time around, the event comes earlier than expected with no warning. It also came at a time where your “elder” player base is consumed in TB which makes individual players subvert their individual desires to go all in on the guild experience or be shut off from new toons, new gear sources, and g12 gear.

The OP is not wrong about TW. Loved it when it came out, now not as much. Heard multiple players who would be considered “whales” based on the money invested into the game voice how they are ready to quit. Saw a 2.7 mil player walk away from the game today over it.

And the OP isn’t far off base about the new raid. Didn’t y’all learn anything from the release of the AAT raid? People couldn’t clear p1 on normal! This isn’t the first version of the AAT, but it’s close. And if you don’t have the aforementioned essentially paywalled character (cause vets were not f2p till the absolute last minute), a player is going to struggle to clear the minimum 2% needed just to get by p1. “Git guud” is **** advice to all of us.

But hey it’s cool. There’s plenty of other games to play where the community isn’t treated like an abused cash cow...

[/quote]

See ya buy bye, kkthxl8r
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    anyone else surprised these offended "former"players that are upset for no reason have under 20 posts? hmm...

giphy.gif
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

As a full time player and volunteer mod, I can understand your frustration, but was simply pointing out that what you were saying is not really true, based on the reality of the situation. Ownership of the issues tends to be a common thing passed to the other side by players, some times saying everyone should have been able to do x, and in this case saying this was the fault of EA/CG.

• Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Posts about quitting SWGOH get edited/ censored by devs/ moderators now? Wow, that's a whole new level. :D
    Why didn't you ban him?
    Why aren't people allowed to say that they stop playing the game? Is it against any guidelines? If that is the case you should delete the whole post instead of editing until you like it.

Post edited by Kyno on
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Fatzke wrote: »
    Posts about quitting SWGOH get edited/ censored by devs/ moderators now? Wow, that's a whole new level. :D
    Why didn't you ban him?
    Why aren't people allowed to say that they stop playing the game? Is it against any guidelines? If that is the case you should delete the whole post instead of editing until you like it.

I have my own...opinions, about forum censorship, but I'd like to point out Kyno could have shut down this post and banned the dude, but he didn't...
    Post edited by Kyno on
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2018
    Why didn't you ban him?

@Fatzke

Yep it is.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127295/forum-guidelines#latest

I was trying to leave the sentiment behind and make it conform to the guidelines. Lesson learned.
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Why didn't you ban him?

Like you do as usual with critical posts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/85q1kk/psa_cg_will_still_edit_your_posts_and_comments_on

I have my own...opinions, about forum censorship, but I'd like to point out Kyno could have shut down this post and banned the dude, but he didn't...

I tried, probably won't make that mistake again.

Warn, not ban.
This discussion has been closed.