Is there a live chat for this game or for guilds?

Anywhere

Replies

• Yes, but you need to be using an adult aged account to access it.
    Child aged accounts cannot utilise in-game chat.

If you're in a Guild and meet the above criteria, then there is a small speech bubble icon with 3 dots in the bottom left corner.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes, but you need to be using an adult aged account to access it.
    Child aged accounts cannot utilise in-game chat.

If you're in a Guild and meet the above criteria, then there is a small speech bubble icon with 3 dots in the bottom left corner.

This.

Most guilds use 3rd party apps to make communication a little easier
  • @Kyno Hi there, can I ask, as chat is limited to adult only use, why is there censorship?
    I could understand that being there if it was available to all age groups, but it seems strange to make a censored chat, adult only?
    Also, I tried to write a message regarding Maul's basic "refilling TM on a finishing blow", which is how it's written in the move's description. But the chat censored the word "blow", which also seems a bit strange to censor a word that is found written in the character's description od his move?
  • @Kyno Hi there, can I ask, as chat is limited to adult only use, why is there censorship?
    I could understand that being there if it was available to all age groups, but it seems strange to make a censored chat, adult only?
    Also, I tried to write a message regarding Maul's basic "refilling TM on a finishing blow", which is how it's written in the move's description. But the chat censored the word "blow", which also seems a bit strange to censor a word that is found written in the character's description od his move?

There have been a lot of words censored that shouldn't be and they are slowly getting fixed. Used to be you couldn't even say assist in the guild chats which was ridiculous when you were trying to talk about certain character abilities.
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    There have been a lot of words censored that shouldn't be and they are slowly getting fixed. Used to be you couldn't even say assist in the guild chats which was ridiculous when you were trying to talk about certain character abilities.
    I guess that "Assist" is censored because of the donkey in the name? I've noticed a couple of others of that type, where the word is perfectly fine but, because it contains the same sequence of letters as a word that is not, it is removed.
    Bit difficult if you live in Scunthorpe! :wink::blush:
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    I guess that "Assist" is censored because of the donkey in the name? I've noticed a couple of others of that type, where the word is perfectly fine but, because it contains the same sequence of letters as a word that is not, it is removed.
    Bit difficult if you live in Scunthorpe! :wink::blush:

Also if you are playing in your basement
    Really!!? Basement???
    I guess that makes it a little more clear why "blow" is censored, if "base" is on the naughty list.
    Drug associations.
    But, again, it's an adult only section of the game. It seems a little bit N Korea.
    Really!!? Basement???
    I guess that makes it a little more clear why "blow" is censored, if "base" is on the naughty list.
    Drug associations.
    But, again, it's an adult only section of the game. It seems a little bit N Korea.

I don't think base is the problem, I'm pretty sure it's the s-n part
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    c1ever_pun wrote: »
    I don't think base is the problem, I'm pretty sure it's the s-n part
    Oh yes! Ha ha, I completely missed that!
    It really is ridiculous, all you have to do is put "b low" & it's fine. So they don't make allowance for that circumvention, but do remove totally legitimate words simply because they contain the correct sequence of letters.

Man, that is so basic. Is it a 1980's profanity filter, built for an original 386 CPU? lol

The 2 things: It being "adult only" and it being censored are entirely contrary?
    If it is only allowed for adults, who is it being censored for/to protect?
    Not being able to type, in-game, a word that you can read, in-game? Makes perfect sense! lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno Hi there, can I ask, as chat is limited to adult only use, why is there censorship?

I have no idea, but you are assuming it's adults only (both mental and physical age :wink: ) this may come as a shock to you, but sometimes people lie on the internet and in games about such things.

The filter is on the more sensitive side, that's just the way they wanted it.

I guess the overall theme is to err on the side of caution.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I have no idea, but you are assuming it's adults only (both mental and physical age :wink: ) this may come as a shock to you, but sometimes people lie on the internet and in games about such things.

The filter is on the more sensitive side, that's just the way they wanted it.

I guess the overall theme is to err on the side of caution.
    I get that some children create older accounts & probably some adults create younger accounts.
    What I don't get is why, if the chat is supposed to be for adults only & can only be circumvented by someone creating a false account, then anything that the person who did this would see, would be entirely of their own doing & responsibility.
    CG would not be and could not be held accountable in any way.

I also get erring on the side of caution, but it seems a strange decision when the caution is only presented by falsifying their details, so as above, entirely their own responsibility.