How to beat the Heroic Sith Raid

Maegor
1217 posts Member
edited March 2018
This is the general strategy my 144M guild, Death Star Row, used to defeat the Heroic Sith Raid pre and post patch.

Disclaimer: this is not an easy list of teams to put together, but if your guild has enough JTR, the rest of the teams are not terribly difficult. Also, your players with these teams will need to spend time getting acceptable runs. None of these teams are "run it once and log it".

Phase 1

25 JTR - Goal 4%+

Team - JTR L, BB8, Scav Rey, R2 + either RT, Visas, Hoda (personally I would save him for p2), or Zarriss. Another healer, like Lumi, could work here as well.

No getting around this one at the moment, to be efficient, your guild will need several JTR teams to get past p1. Ideally, you will get through this phase using 20 or less JTR teams.

Phase 2
  • Run the rest of your JTR - Goal 3.5%+
  • Team 2 - CLS L, Hoda (zeta on Do or Do Not required), SRP, zEzra, zSabine - Goal 3%+. Video guide: Pathfinder's Training by McMole2
  • Team 3 - zWampa, Sabine + 3 - Goal 3%+. Image of personal run. There are better leads than Lumi, I just didn't have much time to test it out.
  • Team 4 - G10/11+ Phoenix - Hera L, Sabine, Ezra, Kanan, Zeb - Goal 2%+. Zetas can get this team to 4%+. Order of zetas, Sabine>Kanan>Ezra=Zeb>Hera
  • Team 5 - zChirpa, Wicket, EE, Scout, Logray - Goal 0.5%+
  • Team 6 - Zaul, DN, SiT, SAss + 1 Sith - Goal 0.5%+
  • Team 7 - zVeers, Thrawn, DT, Shore, Starck - Goal 2%+. Personally, I would use these teams as a last resort, because you'll need DT in p3.
  • Team 8 - zQGJ led Jedi as seen from Adastra. Video guide: HFWJ: P2 Guide with zQGJ Jedi

Phase 3

25-30 Chex Mix - CLS L, zHan, DT, 1 Attacker that gives Offense Up to the team (Pao or JKA), Chirrut - Goal 4%+. Video Guide: Chex Mix by McMole2.

You can sub qgj, EP or any other character that gives team-wide offense up for Pao or JKA. You can sub Rex for Chirrut. You can even sub Old Ben for Chirrut. Any substitutions will lower the damage potential of this team since attackers give 100% of THEIR offense to Han when he uses the raid ability.

Phase 4 with DN

All % values are for DN only.

10-20 zAsajj NS - Goal 5%+.

The OG, f2p sisters work here. My guildmate SirGeorgeous put together an incredible run with them seen here; please note this is not typical.

NS teams with zombie can do 10%+ and should really aim for that mark as seen here. This run was by my guildmate Darr Sid.

A weak backup to finish this off would be zKru FO - Goal 1%+

Phase 4 without DN

Unload everything your guild has left. When you get to lone Traya, you can extend runs by having a tank use the raid ability to soak more damage than they normally could.

For a more in-depth guide, please see this document created by Anex of The ALLiΔNCE of ØRØ. This document can give you more detail on how to run the teams listed above, and is a great resource for any guilds looking for more information about the raid.

With this list, your guild can get to Phase 4 with DN dead by using only 100 teams. If you have the number of JTR teams required, this raid is very accessible.

Here are what I'd consider the top 8 toons for this raid and order of priority for farming/acquisition:
1) JTR
2) CLS
3) zAsajj
4) Sabine, Death Trooper and Han (all equal)
7) Hoda and Wampa
Post edited by Maegor on

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    What? You mean I can't get 40% of a phase done in a single team? Outrageous!

This is a pretty dope guide. I won't be touching Heroic with my guild anytime soon, but this is cool

I've got to ask tho, why that Zaul team for p2? SiT is gonna feed some unnecessary speed to Sion unless he doesn't have retribution running. Something like DN, Sass, EP, +2 should be slower on account of less evades, but do more damage cuz boss will enrage later. (I wanna say zeta Sion and Marauder but that's a huge **** investment) ... is this too much nickpicing for a team that's meant for less than a percent of the total raid. Definitely
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Nice @Maegor ! Thanks for posting this.
  • Options
    Great info! Thank you very much for sharing
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    HK666 wrote: »
    What? You mean I can't get 40% of a phase done in a single team? Outrageous!

This is a pretty dope guide. I won't be touching Heroic with my guild anytime soon, but this is cool

I've got to ask tho, why that Zaul team for p2? SiT is gonna feed some unnecessary speed to Sion unless he doesn't have retribution running. Something like DN, Sass, EP, +2 should be slower on account of less evades, but do more damage cuz boss will enrage later. (I wanna say zeta Sion and Marauder but that's a huge **** investment) ... is this too much nickpicing for a team that's meant for less than a percent of the total raid. Definitely

@HK666

Sion is really good as the +1.

SiT is basically there as a meat shield and because he will get the dodge and crit immunity from Zaul's lead. Yeah, his retribution will hit sion quite a bit and cause Sion to go faster, but he has the best synergies of any tank with Zaul, and you'll need a tank in there to soak up damage or Sion and the adds will murder you.

Also, the marauder adds will often inflict daze on SiT, meaning after that he won't counter anymore, but will still be there to soak up damage. Although, once he gets dazed he will drop pretty quickly, so it's a double-edged sword.
    vegainz wrote: »
    Great info! Thank you very much for sharing

Thanks! Happy to do my part to help the community conquer this challenging and fun raid!
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I see. The adds are easily discarded and don't hit hard at the tier I'm doing, so DN lead easily outheals the damage they do (which is zero because they get murdered), and my Sion tanks boss Sion really easily.

It's good to learn tho
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    HK666 wrote: »
    I see. The adds are easily discarded and don't hit hard at the tier I'm doing, so DN lead easily outheals the damage they do (which is zero because they get murdered), and my Sion tanks boss Sion really easily.

It's good to learn tho

The adds don't hit a lot harder in heroic (than t6), but they are a lot tankier, and the adds damage will add up pretty quickly. If you leave assassin up, she can do some serious damage between stun, shock, and granting tm the boss and adds. They do seem to land debuffs quite a bit more too.

What the adds will do, is take a squishier sith (EP, maul for example) down to a spot where Sion can kill them pretty easily. So while they aren't terribly lethal on their own, they make Sion quite a bit more lethal. Which is why you want the meat shield.
  • Options
    I’d like some more information about the phase 4 OG NS team mentioned. Team comp and play tactics, if possible. I’m planning for my next few upgrades and I’m curious if it’s really feasible.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Wycross wrote: »
    I’d like some more information about the phase 4 OG NS team mentioned. Team comp and play tactics, if possible. I’m planning for my next few upgrades and I’m curious if it’s really feasible.

SirGeorgeous is working on video, hopefully to be released soon. He can provide far more insight into it than I can tbh.

What I can tell you is that you have to have asajj's lead zeta'd. Rampage is very much recommended as well. Daka's zeta makes the run easier, but isn't needed. Try to keep the team healed as much as possible also.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    am i correct in assuming those percentages are post nerf?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Yessir. The nerf really didn't hurt JTR's %'s much at all in p1. My p1 run was still 3Mish, which is actually a higher % than pre nerf.

The patch also made p2 slightly easier, less rng-y, due to fixing Sion removing too much TM. It's still a hard phase, probably the hardest (assuming you have enough jtr to clear p1), especially if you don't have a lot of jtr left over after p1.
  • Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Yessir. The nerf really didn't hurt JTR's %'s much at all in p1. My p1 run was still 3Mish, which is actually a higher % than pre nerf.

The patch also made p2 slightly easier, less rng-y, due to fixing Sion removing too much TM. It's still a hard phase, probably the hardest (assuming you have enough jtr to clear p1), especially if you don't have a lot of jtr left over after p1.

Yeah the expose nerf is more significant in T6 than in heroic.