Territory War Banners

Athusk
348 posts Member
I recently noticed that the placement for banners earned in territory wars only will account for those who have contributed points (anything over 0 banners earned). This means that those who join the territory war and does not contribute offensively or defensively will not show up in placements in total banners earned, attacking and defending banners earned.

This creates difficulties for guild leaders and officers to manage contributions within the guild.

For example, in order to find out who joined the territory wars and did not participate, I would have to go through the sign up list shown at the summary page, then proceed to mark down every name that was signed up, then double check with everyone in the ‘earned banners’ section to see who’s missing.

Please implement a way for those who join in TW to automatically have “0 banners earned” so it’s easier for guild leaders and officers to manage participation levels. (Similar to how TB shows points contributed).

Replies

• Athusk wrote: »
    I recently noticed that the placement for banners earned in territory wars only will account for those who have contributed points (anything over 0 banners earned). This means that those who join the territory war and does not contribute offensively or defensively will not show up in placements in total banners earned, attacking and defending banners earned.

This creates difficulties for guild leaders and officers to manage contributions within the guild.

For example, in order to find out who joined the territory wars and did not participate, I would have to go through the sign up list shown at the summary page, then proceed to mark down every name that was signed up, then double check with everyone in the ‘earned banners’ section to see who’s missing.

Please implement a way for those who join in TW to automatically have “0 banners earned” so it’s easier for guild leaders and officers to manage participation levels. (Similar to how TB shows points contributed).
    The "problem" is that they would still get rewards this way. Makes incentive for people to sign up and afk whole tw.
  • Maybe they can fix first that they say just be fixed and really dont fix... Maybe
  • TW is still screwed up and has been since the devs changed the point system.
    Before the recent changes my guild was 10-2 in TW. We had several nail biters with really closely matched guilds.
    Since the changes we're 0-3 as we've been matched up against guilds 30-40 million GP higher than us. I'd be saying the same thing if we got matched against a lower GP guild. The new matching system has killed TW.
    Please change it back to the way it was.
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    TW is still screwed up and has been since the devs changed the point system.
    Before the recent changes my guild was 10-2 in TW. We had several nail biters with really closely matched guilds.
    Since the changes we're 0-3 as we've been matched up against guilds 30-40 million GP higher than us. I'd be saying the same thing if we got matched against a lower GP guild. The new matching system has killed TW.
    Please change it back to the way it was.

So from a sample size of one you have concluded they broke it. Awesome. Maybe wait for at least a few more turns. People are going to get lucky or unlucky and hopefully the discrepencies have reduced but to complain and demand change after a single match is ridiculous.
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    Athusk wrote: »

The "problem" is that they would still get rewards this way. Makes incentive for people to sign up and afk whole tw.

Without being too harsh, yes that is the main issues I have with TW. Having people sign up, do nothing and still reap the rewards makes TW less enjoyable.

The reason as to why it is less enjoyable is for example:

My guild signs up with 50 people so we would get paired with another group of 50. If we have 10 people who do nothing (set no defense and do no attacks), we’re automatically put at a disadvantage. Even if there were no rewards to give to the inactive participants, this makes it harder for us to win TW.

Without being too harsh, yes that is the main issues I have with TW. Having people sign up, do nothing and still reap the rewards makes TW less enjoyable.

My guild signs up with 50 people so we would get paired with another group of 50. If we have 10 people who do nothing (set no defense and do no attacks), we’re automatically put at a disadvantage. Even if there were no rewards to give to the inactive participants, this makes it harder for us to win TW.

This is hardly unique to your guild and it is a guild problem not a TW one. You are also not "automatically put at a disadvantage", more than likely opposing guild has it's fair share of slackers too.

Yes, agree it is annoying and we have our fair share of it as well. It has been made clear before though that forcing or blocking guild members from participating in events is not going to happen so the unfortunate solution is to either move to a different guild yourself or boot slackers......

Currently there is 0 incentive for people to sign up and do nothing. TW is meant to be a top level pvp event. People who slack here clearly show they have no wish to be part of your community. And untill they invent a virtual guilottine, kicking them is the logical choice. Get some poor soul with 500k GP who will gladly make you 600 tickets daily.
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member

Currently there is 0 incentive for people to sign up and do nothing. TW is meant to be a top level pvp event. People who slack here clearly show they have no wish to be part of your community. And untill they invent a virtual guilottine, kicking them is the logical choice. Get some poor soul with 500k GP who will gladly make you 600 tickets daily.

That is what I am getting at, it would be easier to find who is signing up and not contributing if the devs made it easier for us to mark them down.

Yes, it is a task that can be done by simply looking at the summary screen, marking all the names down, then going to TW and looking at total banners and crossing out each name that participated, and you will be left with the ones who didnt.

However, this is a tedious task to do, especially when this fix can be done in a similar fashion to TB (where members to joined will be on the boards initially with a “0” rather than excluded).

What I am saying, is that there is an easier way to manage the guild by implemented the above solution, and the post was not made with the intention to flame my guild and others guild members. I want all my guild members to stay, seeing improvement is what makes the game enjoyable for me, and kicking members to grow is my last resort.
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    thomssi wrote: »

This is hardly unique to your guild and it is a guild problem not a TW one. You are also not "automatically put at a disadvantage", more than likely opposing guild has it's fair share of slackers too.

Yes, agree it is annoying and we have our fair share of it as well. It has been made clear before though that forcing or blocking guild members from participating in events is not going to happen so the unfortunate solution is to either move to a different guild yourself or boot slackers......

Yes, what you said is true, but the end result is, who has the least amount of slackers will be the ones that are put at a disadvantage. I did get derailed from my original post, so I apologize.

As to the second point you made, if you have read my original post, I did not suggest the solution is to ban or block members from joining -there is a simpler solution; kicking them from the guild as you mentioned. The point I was trying to make with my original post is that:

At the moment in order to know who is not participating, you need to go to the summary sheet, mark down all the names, go back to the “total banners” board and check which names are not there. (Since zeros are not included in the total banners and the solution to this would be to make the “leader boards” similar to the one in TB, where zeros are included )
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    include 0's, but without giving them rewards.
    Save water, drink champagne!