Dropping in arena serious amounts.

First of all heres my profile...
https://swgoh.gg/u/intrapidoo/collection/

I know its not really a good one but still, lately basically ever since NS came in i drop back hundreds of places every single day. Today in just 5 hours i got knocked back 400 places...

My question is what am i doing wrong? Obviously there is something that seriously stopped working...

Replies

• Options
    You need a strong tank, drop ezra
  • Wassup
    128 posts Member
    Options
    STHan is a decent option out of what you’ve got there.
  • Options
    Possibly old ben, or KRU since he's a fast farm
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Biggest issue is speed, complicated by no tank. You’re using Thrawn and Palpatine, which can have a dramatic effect on the battle if they go first (or at least before the other guys), but are easy targets if the other team goes first. I’d do some serious mod farming to get everyone’s speed up. To give you a decent idea of speeds to aim for, here’s my current arena team. And keep in mind I’m 5 levels lower than you, which means your team should be faster than mine.

https://swgoh.gg/u/kaimulai/squads/39128/

Side note: I’m also running a no tank squad currently, but in my arena at my current speeds, I can get away with it. That’s a temporary situation.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I'm in the top end of a November 2017 shard the big difference between you team and teams I face every day is speed. I have multiple mods with more speed than any of your characters 6 mods put together.

Also the lower your arena rank the more you drop with each loss.
  • Options
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    First of all heres my profile...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/intrapidoo/collection/

I know its not really a good one but still, lately basically ever since NS came in i drop back hundreds of places every single day. Today in just 5 hours i got knocked back 400 places...

My question is what am i doing wrong? Obviously there is something that seriously stopped working...

dude farm KRU Cantina 3 and u wont be having that issue for much longer :)
  • Options
    Idk what specific squad you are using, but I am gonna assume Phoenix. You have 2 automatic go to's.
    An empire squad or a Jawa squad. But if you dont want either of those, you could try using the old Wiggs, Leia, Lando, and STHan.
    "Who deserves what, is irrelevant. What matters is... who has power."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Idk what specific squad you are using, but I am gonna assume Phoenix. You have 2 automatic go to's.
    An empire squad or a Jawa squad. But if you dont want either of those, you could try using the old Wiggs, Leia, Lando, and STHan.

He's running, rex, thrawn, r2, EP and ezra
  • Options
    In that case, you have 3 really good squads to choose from.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options

A...a jawa squad? what????? Drop ezra, get a tank. STH, Old Ben, optimally KRU.
  • Options
    Also with that squad I'd recommend dropping ep once you get CLS or raid han
  • Options
    Random9 wrote: »

A...a jawa squad? what????? Drop ezra, get a tank. STH, Old Ben, optimally KRU.

Dude chill, first thing that came to my mind. Besides there are 3 other good squads that I suggested, even they aren't optimal.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    WORK ON YOUR MODS.
    Everyone in the arena needs as much speed as possible. This means everyone on your starting lineup should have a +30 primary speed arrow. They should also have all of your best speed secondaries. You can sort and filter mods in swgoh.gg to find your best ones that are on other characters.
    Do mods, use 1 tank, and you'll be much improved.
  • Nannos
    26 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    deleted
  • Options
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    Wassup wrote: »
    STHan is a decent option out of what you’ve got there.
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    Biggest issue is speed, complicated by no tank. You’re using Thrawn and Palpatine, which can have a dramatic effect on the battle if they go first (or at least before the other guys), but are easy targets if the other team goes first. I’d do some serious mod farming to get everyone’s speed up. To give you a decent idea of speeds to aim for, here’s my current arena team. And keep in mind I’m 5 levels lower than you, which means your team should be faster than mine.

https://swgoh.gg/u/kaimulai/squads/39128/

Side note: I’m also running a no tank squad currently, but in my arena at my current speeds, I can get away with it. That’s a temporary situation.

Sure thing i understand i lack mods which is my top priority to get all the challanges down on a 3 stars. However you beeing 5 lvls lower than me is irrelevant to me because im 85 since like a week or 2 and i have twice as many characters. The priority wasnt arena at all, that is until now when i have the character to pool i wanted. :)

Fair enough. I get that you had other priorities than arena until recently. I brought up the difference in levels because it means the players in your arena have had more time to build up their characters than players in my arena, so your arena team would have to be better than mine in order to hold a similar rank. That’s all. :smile:
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    As Kai_Mulai and Drazz already stated:
    Wirk on your mods. However, you can improve with what you already have, to get an instant improvement. Several of your best mods are not even on your arena team. Several good mods are not even leveled yet. The filtering option on swgoh.gg is great for that.

https://swgoh.gg/u/intrapidoo/mods/?stat1_5=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/intrapidoo/mods/?stat2_5=1

With your team, you should aim to have Thrawn as fast as possible. Open with TM swap to Rex, who then buffs the team and grants them all TM.
  • Options
    I've not looked at your roster...but I bet the answer is mods ;)