How does Sith beat JTR?

Prev1
Luniz
359 posts Member
Sith can never go before BB8 by my understanding. Once R2 puts stealth on rey it's all over. So is the key to be faster than r2 so you can fracture rey? Then you have to be able to kill GO in that time? Thanks.

Replies

• xeo
    36 posts Member
    So when you say sith, you mean with thrawn (empire)? Who is the rest of the team?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Vader should be faster than r2d2 and bb8.

Vader base speed 121 (+ speed from ability 16 Palpatine 16 Vader 8 thrawn 8 Nihilus =48 extra +extra speed from opposition Kenobi and or r2d2 but not counted here) 169 (185)

Bb8 base speed 162 nd r2d2 is 157

Vader should be faster.

Go first force crush culling blade, Palpatine's zeta will give you 5% Turn meter for each debuff culling blade expired which will mean Palpatine and thrawn should be ahead of most opposition.

Edit I forgot about bb8 roll with punches, yeah you are right you need to have better speed mods then they do or drop Kenobi for an extra 8 speed for Vader from a Sith or empire ally.
  • Chagoth
    265 posts Member
    It's not a full Sith team but my Palp/Vader squad has no problem with most RJT teams.
  • Naraic wrote: »

Vader base speed 121 (+ speed from ability 16 Palpatine 16 Vader 8 thrawn 8 Nihilus =48 extra +extra speed from opposition Kenobi and or r2d2 but not counted here) 169 (185)

Vader should be faster.

Go first force crush culling blade, Palpatine's zeta will give you 5% Turn meter for each debuff culling blade expired which will mean Palpatine and thrawn should be ahead of most opposition.

Edit I forgot about bb8 roll with punches, yeah you are right you need to have better speed mods then they do or drop Kenobi for an extra 8 speed for Vader from a Sith or empire ally.

don't forget, bb8 gives all droid allies 8% TM for every droid. So you have to be significantly faster to outpace r2.
  • xeo
    36 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Have a fast vader. All mods being equal vader will go after enemy bb8 & r2. Dont panic. This is ok. Force crush. More often than not gk will have evaded. Ability block him. That is considered a good start. Your goal will be to fracture jtr if possible but if gk had his taunt you fracture him. When vader goes next you culling blade the target that has most debuffs. That is the start of your tm train.

There is a small chance that you didnt get ability block on kenobi and gk is fast enough to buff team b4 you fracture him. If this happens you might lose. Have a fast thrawn

My win % vs jtr is much higher than vs titans team
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Luniz wrote: »
    Sith can never go before BB8 by my understanding. Once R2 puts stealth on rey it's all over. So is the key to be faster than r2 so you can fracture rey? Then you have to be able to kill GO in that time? Thanks.

Sion AoE dispel that can't be evaded takes care of that stealth and fs.
  • swgoh_jackson
    49 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    The Sith meta, Ep lead, DV, DN, Thrawn plus GK/Sion/Shore, if u have Ep lead zetaed (causing all empire and sith keep getting tm) and DN wound in the force zetaed (slow down cooldown of special by giving debuff every enemy turn), destroy JTR.

JTR team should fear you lol

The only team that really counter that is Rex lead. I always switch from JTR to Rex lead when fighting the Sith meta...
  • Dont fracture GK. Wait and Fracture JTR. Once she is fractured, take her out. the team falls apart from there.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    The Sith meta, Ep lead, DV, DN, Thrawn plus GK/Sion/Shore, if u have Ep lead zetaed (causing all empire and sith keep getting tm) and DN wound in the force zetaed (slow down cooldown of special by giving debuff every enemy turn), destroy JTR.

The only team that really counter that is Rex lead. I always switch from JTR to Rex lead when fighting the Sith meta...

Just to clarify. I run JTR and fear no composition at all, whatsoever. The only way I don't win with my comp against any other comp is if I am uber outclassed in speed mods.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »

Just to clarify. I run JTR and fear no composition at all, whatsoever. The only way I don't win with my comp against any other comp is if I am uber outclassed in speed mods.

Fear the speed
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »

Fear the speed

That's what I fear. lol

ON TOPIC:
    Funnily enough I usually beat EP teams on Auto (regardless of composition). It's never even close. They are literally the easiest team for me to take out in the current meta.
  • On offense it's pretty easy to win period. My JTR team beats pretty much every sith team on my shard about 95% of the time. And on the flip side, I'm sure they beat me too. If you're on offense, right now, you really shouldn't be losing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »

This.

Same I did with NS, you actually want to be slower than R2. Let them burn the skill then clear it and move on.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

This.

Same I did with NS, you actually want to be slower than R2. Let them burn the skill then clear it and move on.

I feel like when I fight with JTR this actually works in my favor as long as my JTR has ability blocked and dazed DN. BB8 will counter and call either JTR or R2 to assist. If it's R2 Sion will likely get stunned. On R2's next turn he will use his aoe and reduce the cooldown on his stealth move, making it usable again.
  • Luniz wrote: »
    Yeah sions aoe skill usually winds up with him stunned and expose at 10% health so it can't really be used.

This is why you need sith trooper instead of Thrawn... he will absorb way more damage than Sion

• Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    Zeta dn unique
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Mobewan wrote: »
    Zeta dn unique

So, how does it work exactly and what benefit does it Give? I see it puts health down, but what is practical effect?
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    He's probably hoping that it'll get cleansed often enough to be a significant tm boost.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nah, even if R2 stealths, Vader can throw AOE dots and Palp can still AOE stun. You don't even have to fracture JTRey to get an easy win.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • If you're having problems with JTR, you need to check your mods. zEP is far superior to JTR. Eventhough both win on offense, zEP should have a much easier time. (I run both)
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Mobewan wrote: »
    Zeta dn unique

So, how does it work exactly and what benefit does it Give? I see it puts health down, but what is practical effect?

It will ensure there are more debuffs for Nihilus to leech cooldowns from if something happens to Vader (BB8, R2, Han, etc.)
  • Hekalatos wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »

Vader should be faster.

don't forget, bb8 gives all droid allies 8% TM for every droid. So you have to be significantly faster to outpace r2.

Okey so I was going to make a post myself but here it seems appropiate.

Today I ran my zzPalps, Vader(243), Thraw, Sion and Nihilus against JTR, R2(270), BB8(264), GK and Thrawn.
    If my math are correct, Vader gets 243+16+16+8+8+8+8+8 = 315 speed, while their R2 has 270 + 16% tm from BB8 unique, so the 116% of 270 is 313,2 which I assume it rounds down to 313 as the speed set does if your character has 139 speed the set adds 13 speed not 14. Still if it was round up it would be 314 which is slower than my Vader, still R2 went first. What's going on?

Thanks
  • westenger wrote: »
    Hekalatos wrote: »

Vader should be faster.

Today I ran my zzPalps, Vader(243), Thraw, Sion and Nihilus against JTR, R2(270), BB8(264), GK and Thrawn.
    If my math are correct, Vader gets 243+16+16+8+8+8+8+8 = 315 speed, while their R2 has 270 + 16% tm from BB8 unique, so the 116% of 270 is 313,2 which I assume it rounds down to 313 as the speed set does if your character has 139 speed the set adds 13 speed not 14. Still if it was round up it would be 314 which is slower than my Vader, still R2 went first. What's going on?

Thanks

I can confirm the same. My vader is faster but R2 seems to be outspeeding my Vader (mods being equal)...why?

• i run:

new rey lead
    bb8
    r2d2
    b2
    chopper

with this team i win 85-90 % fights against sith under palpatine and i cannot find a good sith-answer. normally only bad rng can beat this team.

ok, all gear 12 1/2, all zetas except 2nd zeta r2. good mods.

the droid synergies are meta. i use chopper for taunting. (culling blade vader or fracture thrawn) tanks are in the good hand of b2. (also two tanks... sion/shore/kenobi/sithtrooper)
    the speed of the droids is unbelievable, 32% turnmeter... (thank you bb8, you brought the droids back in the arena)

• Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    westenger wrote: »
    Hekalatos wrote: »

Vader should be faster.

Thanks

It's not 16% of 270. It's 16% of the turn meter bar. It would be the same additive number regardless of bb8's base speed. I'm not sure of the exact calculation, but it may be something like BB8 starts at 160/1000 and Vader starts at 0/1000, with their speeds, who fills up the TM bar first. 1000/315 = 3.17 (vader), while 840/270 = 3.11 (bb8). BB8 then takes less to get to 100%TM.