2Next

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    BazeMalbus wrote: »
    Nema wrote: »
    So why can't my rex lead get me ahead of your Palo. That is it's purpose

Because Rex lead shouldn't disrupt Vader's and Tarkin's combos. Also Thrawn's ability is meant to swap so that the target takes their turn next, not after others

Why not though?
    Thrawn and rex lead are ideal to stop the initial barage of a faster palp leader vader team. It's what they do, gain TM from getting attacked.

To add to this, your proposed solution doesn't actually stops the other team from interefering. Thrawn is usually faster than Tarkin, so when both are at 99% TM, Thrawn is going to take the next turn. I'm using thrawn as an example because Rex doesn't gain TM from being debuffed, so he can't interfere with tarkin.
    Vader is obviously faster than rex with his added speed, so he would go twice or three times in a row.
    Nope, i thought about it and i have to conclude your proposed solution the issue you're having is definately not something i want implemented ingame. Hard pass.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I'm getting annoyed so much with this that I pretty much just auto battles in arena now. If I use thrawn to speed someone up someone and he is fourth toon to act that's annoying when I have no clue who is next to act cause.
    Asking do I have next turn or do they have next turn is annoying. It's a freaking guessing game now and that's not fun one bit. Most of battles are ridiculous now with thrawn swapping TM and then their entire team going first or vader crush and then force throw is not used because their entire team goes first and now vader is ability blocked and stunned and may not get another turn in match.
    Not sure if you guys are fighting 7* sion but with him in enemy team and/or you have him too this problem is huge. DN will be stealing abilities from your team when he is 8th slowest toon in match while your entire team looks like it has 100%.
    There is not much strategy anymore in arena, just hope your guy with 100% goes before theirs. Not fun
  • Especially with sion giving nihilus 100% tm basically 8 toons in an arena fight have 100%tm and I have lost lots of times on offence on the enemy nihilus increasing my cooldowns whilst my nihilus is also on 100% tm, I think if a toon is given plus 60% tm and they already had 80% this should go into the calculations and be treated like this toon has 140% tm who would have more than e.g. a palpatine gaining 20% tm from a Vader culling blade clearing 4 debuffs, say palp was on 90% tm then he would go up to 110% tm, if a thrawn was 2 speed slower than that palpatine then he should go after that palpatine, then if he tm swaps he would not give who he swapped with 100% tm, he would give that allied toon 110% tm - 2 speed as that was where he was when he took that first turn, this would mean if when thrawn tm swapped he cleansed 6 debuffs, enemies would get 30%tm because if palp leadership, and any toon with approx 90%tm or higher would then go before the ally Thrawn tm swapped with. Also when Vader does a force crush, really he is gaining like 200%tm so he should always be able to go directly after he does a force crush.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to Feedback >> General
  • Especially with sion giving nihilus 100% tm basically 8 toons in an arena fight have 100%tm and I have lost lots of times on offence on the enemy nihilus increasing my cooldowns whilst my nihilus is also on 100% tm, I think if a toon is given plus 60% tm and they already had 80% this should go into the calculations and be treated like this toon has 140% tm who would have more than e.g. a palpatine gaining 20% tm from a Vader culling blade clearing 4 debuffs, say palp was on 90% tm then he would go up to 110% tm, if a thrawn was 2 speed slower than that palpatine then he should go after that palpatine, then if he tm swaps he would not give who he swapped with 100% tm, he would give that allied toon 110% tm - 2 speed as that was where he was when he took that first turn, this would mean if when thrawn tm swapped he cleansed 6 debuffs, enemies would get 30%tm because if palp leadership, and any toon with approx 90%tm or higher would then go before the ally Thrawn tm swapped with. Also when Vader does a force crush, really he is gaining like 200%tm so he should always be able to go directly after he does a force crush.

Whenever Vader inflicts a force crush, he inflicts 3 DoTS and speed down. If all land, thats 400%TM, so he ll take 4 more turns. After that, he is able to force crush again, creating a inflinite loop, making this a bad idea
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    I'm getting annoyed so much with this that I pretty much just auto battles in arena now. If I use thrawn to speed someone up someone and he is fourth toon to act that's annoying when I have no clue who is next to act cause.
    Asking do I have next turn or do they have next turn is annoying. It's a freaking guessing game now and that's not fun one bit. Most of battles are ridiculous now with thrawn swapping TM and then their entire team going first or vader crush and then force throw is not used because their entire team goes first and now vader is ability blocked and stunned and may not get another turn in match.
    Not sure if you guys are fighting 7* sion but with him in enemy team and/or you have him too this problem is huge. DN will be stealing abilities from your team when he is 8th slowest toon in match while your entire team looks like it has 100%.
    There is not much strategy anymore in arena, just hope your guy with 100% goes before theirs. Not fun

Exactly my point, thank you
  • OP’s point is conflicted at best and self indulgent at worst. All your references are to 100% tm and not to any mechanic which ensures a second turn. Toons where this is ‘intended’ clearly have a defining explanation of that skill. You want a different calculation on tie breaking tm, that’s fine. You also want characters you obviously use to have an extra advantage working outside the framework of their current kit.

Calculate a tie break on mod speed at 100% then that’s also an alternative method which I guess I can see people supporting. However changing other toons to 99% tm is clearly wrong and is clearly specifically designed so that characters you use gain an advantage over methods and characters others use.

Disguising personal interest as campaigning for a player base is just plain wrong. By all means ask the question and start a discussion but don’t presume to represent the player base or become overly defensive when people have an alternative point of view.

The 99% serves a purpose, the purpose is to allow lower speed toons who are meant to take back to back turns to not get run over by faster toons. If they all tie at 100% and then the winner is determined by speed then someone like Tarkin never takes a back to back turn cause the enemy Vader/Thrawn/ Nihilus is gonna be faster.

The 99% for all the other toons will allow Tarkin for example to gain 100 and take his turn.