Should I increase star level early on?

When I level up a character's start rating ((whatever it's called)) it mentions increased growth. Does this mean that in the future their stat increases will be even better, or is this like a flat increase in stats that is the same no matter when I upgrade their stars?

Replies

• The final stats for a level 85 7 star character are the same regardless of if you star them up or level them up first
  • Gotcha. That's exactly the kind of answer I was looking for; I appreciate it ^^
  • @JurassicKing i love your profile picture!

• Thanks!! One of my favorite shows on Disney, ever
  • Just so you know, because I learned this the hard way, gear upgrades are going to be more beneficial earlier on. You will see a higher increase in Galactic Power by focusing on gear first. Star stat increases don't start to seriously jump until you hit 5-7*.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Xoulrath wrote: »
    Just so you know, because I learned this the hard way, gear upgrades are going to be more beneficial earlier on. You will see a higher increase in Galactic Power by focusing on gear first. Star stat increases don't start to seriously jump until you hit 5-7*.

This is a good tip
  • Xoulrath wrote: »
    ...gear upgrades are going to be more beneficial earlier on.

Indeed.

• Xoulrath wrote: »
    Just so you know, because I learned this the hard way, gear upgrades are going to be more beneficial earlier on. You will see a higher increase in Galactic Power by focusing on gear first. Star stat increases don't start to seriously jump until you hit 5-7*.

Oh I know. I was slaughtered for a long time and came here and made a topic about that very issue...I still get slaughtered going into high levels for the gear I need to gear up!!

Luckily someone with uber powerful characters added me as a friend.