Idea for new game mode

I’ve been playing SWGOH for 2+ years now and I am an F2P player. I love playing this game and thankfully I am in a great guild that stays casual while also trying to do well on every aspect of the game. We were hit by the burnout many players got from the new Sith Raid and have lost a few members with others playing less and less each day so I feel there’s a need for a new game mode that can avoid that! SWGOH needs a game mode that doesn’t make players feel they’re blocked from enjoying because they don’t own a character and that is also flexible in terms of when and how you can play it so here it is:

The idea:
• I thought of taking the best components of Galactic War and Territory Battles and merge them to create a new game mode: GALACTIC CONQUEST
• Basically it’s the same as a Galactic War with 12 nodes but each node has TB-like battles. After each combat node there are reward nodes that you just click and open –just like in GW.
• In order for this to work it has to be a WEEKLY EVENT that you can finish slowly and patiently whenever you have time to play during the week. Once a week has passed, the Galactic Conquest (GC) will automatically reset and any nodes you didn’t finish will be gone.
• In order to make this game mode entertaining, challenging and at the same time FUN FOR EVERYONE it will have 2 modes in which you can complete it:
• You can play a STANDARD MODE that can be completed with ANY squad without any restriction and get standard rewards per node or you can do your GC in a FACTION-SPECIFIC MODE that gives you DOUBLE REWARDS when you complete each node.
• The Faction-specific mode can change each week. First week it can be Ewoks and the next it can be First Order and so on.

Rules:
• You will need 5 heroes to be able to play. This will be the only global requirement.
• You will need to advance by beating each node battle. If you cannot beat a node you cannot advance to the next ones. (They will be more difficult to complete anyway)
• Once you beat a specific node on any given mode you will NOT be able to complete it again on the other mode until the weekly reset. (E.g: If I complete node 1 on standard mode, I will not be able to complete node 1 on Faction-specific mode to get the double rewards).
• You will have ALL WEEK to finish GC. (Doesn’t matter if you are a hardcore gamer and want to finish it on the first day or if you can only play for short periods of time and want to finish it slowly throughout the week)
• Faction-specific mode will NOT have specific characters required (E.g: During Nightsisters week it doesn’t matter if you do not have Mother Talzin, you just need 5 NS!)
Battles:
• There will be 4-wave battles in each node, similar to DSTB.
• Nodes 3, 6, 9 and 12 will be SPECIAL COMBAT nodes. Just like Special missions in TB, these nodes will have a different, more challenging battle that can include a last wave of enemies that consist of mini-bosses or a specific enemy faction (PHX or Sith etc).
• Every other node (1,2 / 4,5 / 7,8 / 10,11) will be normal combat nodes just like the normal combat missions in TB.
• Difficulty can vary. Maybe the first 3 nodes can have a difficulty similar to the 3rd zone of TB. The next three nodes (4-6) can have a difficulty similar to the 4th zone of TB and so on until the last three nodes (10-12) that will be similar to the toughest fights in TB.
• There will be ELITE enemies just like in TB. We don’t want to make things too easy.
• Standard mode will not have any buffs or additional abilities. But maybe we can have a special buff for the Faction-specific mode that can balance weaker factions like Bounty Hunters to have a similar utility as Empire or Rebels for the GC. These faction buffs can be modified to help tune the GC and keep it challenging on each update!

Reward system:
• After you complete a combat node, you will be able to click on the next reward node that will give you different rewards as you advance through the galactic conquest.
• After each normal Combat Node there will be simple reward nodes with a chest that drops CREDITS!
• After each Special Combat Node there will be special reward nodes with a chest that can drop: Gear, Mods, Ability Materials, Shards, etc.
• The last reward node (after completing node 12) will grant the best rewards! That last node can include a Zeta material, Shards for a special character that can only be unlocked through Galactic Conquest.
• Another option is that the last node can award a new Galactic Conquest currency that can be redeemed for Marquee Characters such as Wicket and Mother Talzin, etc!
• Since this is a weekly event, there will be a constant flow of shards for marquee characters. Maybe 10 GC currency for standard and double (20) currency for Faction specific mode that can be redeemed for the same amount of Marquee character shards!
• As I said before. All rewards will be DOUBLED if you manage to beat a specific node with the weekly GC faction featured in the Faction-specific Mode!

Important stuff to consider:
• It’s flexible in terms of the time you can and want to invest on it per day. No more worrying if you’ll make it on time home to get rewards. You have all week to plan when and where you want to play this game mode.
• Everyone gets rewards… But you get MORE if you are good at this game and invest on it!
• There’s potential to make this game mode thematic and very immersive! Maybe have a specific faction week where you have to use Jedi but each battle has waves of sith enemies!
• It gives a sense of pride and accomplishment to work on a faction (PHX, Ewoks, FO, etc) so hard and for so long to finally see how they beat enemy waves to help you get MORE rewards after so much effort put into gearing them and learning how to synergize with each of them.
• It’s not restrictive. You won’t get blocked if you don’t own a specific character. You will be able to play this game mode and complete as much as you can in your own time with whatever 5 characters you have. You will just have MORE fun and MORE rewards if you have MORE characters to complete the faction specific mode.
• Most of what I have described here already exists in the game (except the specific faction double rewards) so I hope it is not difficult to create and tune this game mode!

I hope you like my idea and that the SWGOH devs at least consider doing something similar for the next game mode they release.

Replies

• Options
    Interesting. I really dig the rotating faction focus. Would love to have a reason to use my clones, Jawas, or Separatists.
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Options
    I dig it. Especially the rotating faction bonus. Korabast, even a bonus for using all faction squads in your regular ole GW would be neat.

Someone should run with the "faction of the week" idea and utilize that somewhere in game. Could even be random for every player so theres no collective "mannn its tusken week".
  • Options
    Very interesting idea, but I'd personally prefer that they fix other issues of the game before introducing what is more or less new content, that could just bring its own set of glitches, bugs, and problems along with it.
  • Options
    This idea is amazing! It brings rewards that are used by every level of the game and it can help those out who have focused on less common squads such as clones or droids. It would be nice to see something like this is the near future because it would just be helpful to all who have the game. Although, I was wondering what would be the level requirement to be able to play GC?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to Feedback >>General