Need Guidance after 70

Narad_Etup
32 posts Member
edited March 2018
hello guy’s,

https://swgoh.gg/u/naradetup/collection/

i need some help from you. Don’t know what to do now. I let you take a look to my collection. For information Luminara and Tarkin will be 6* tonight. So, I’m level 70 and I started with a rebel/scoundrel team: Han solo Stormtrooper / Boba Fett / Wedge / Biggs / Lando. Wedge is only 5* because it’s a new toon I have since level 69.

My main long term goal is to unlock Luke CTS. So I will make a rebel team, and an empire team. Rebel team expected : Han solo Stormtrooper / Old Obiwan / Wedge / Biggs / Lando. Empire team : Palpatine / Tarkin / TFP / Vader / RG

My problem is “ What should I do farm now”.

What do you think about :
With Crystals : Baze Malbus (40/50 shards) and cantina energy
Hard Nodes : RG / FOTFP. what else ? I don’t know if up Luminara 7* is a good idea right now. In my opinion she is quite weak :s
Cantina : in order : Wedge / Obi wan / TFP.
Cantina store : ???? I have no idea after Bobba
Arena : Tarkin and what after ?
Guild Store : Obi wan Kenobi / Dark Maul in the same time (for a 5th dark side ships) and maybe after Rex
Galactic War Store : don’t know after Lumi 6*…
Fleet Store : DV shards / Chirrut Shards / DV ships / Bobba Ships / Wedge in the same time. My mains ships are 3* ( TFP/FOTFP/JC/Wedge/Biggs). And I wait for up their when I will have Bobba Ships and DV Ships. I don’t know if it’s better to farm Wedge in fleet store or some ships shards I need.

An other problem is the scoundrel heist. I don’t win the 70’s level tier. Any advice for a team or tactics to do that.

Thanks by advance, and may the force be with you.

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    You need to focus galactic war currency to help you get ships. Bear in mind the requirements of the zeta challenge. Getting a zeta before other people in your shard can improve your ranking several hundred points.

Boba Vader and maul are slow farms and not reliable for zeta challenge soon.

Are you far from Raid Han? I presume you havent started at all. Find yourself a giild that will let you join heroic raids. The fact that you haven't means you need to spend time and resources on another scoundrel. Going for ig88 in the arena store might not be a bad idea. I'm sorry I'm not much use here I joined a guild doing heroic raids that was friendly to beginners just so I wouldnt have to worry about credit heists. Raid Han makes the whole thing pretty simple.

You are right lumi is a pretty weak character.
  • Narad_Etup
    32 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Okay,
    Whats is the most effective way to do the zêta challenge soon if Dv and Dm are too slow ?

For Raid han, i have 27 shards. I'am in the Guild who does heroic rancor raid. But it will be long to have it...
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Narad_Etup wrote: »
    Okay,
    Whats is the most effective way to do the zêta challenge soon if Dv and Dm are too slow ?

For Raid han, i have 27 shards. I'am in the Guild who does heroic rancor raid. But it will be long to have it...

Possibly sun fac and kylo ren unmasked. I believe their ships are relatively easy farms.

If you are only at 27 shards you definitely need other scoundrels. Ig88 is relatively good in the arena shop.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Funny...my grandfather said the same thing as the title....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I gather from this that your short-term goal is to progress in Fleet and your longer-term goal is to get CLS. I think with where you're at right now, you'd be hard-pressed to get CLS if he comes back in May, and you definitely won't get him if he comes in April, so I think it might be better to go hard in fleet and see if you can get into top 20 for more crystals. Also, zetas.

To get zetas, you need 5* Executrix, and to get that, you need 5 DS ships. Having a 6th can help. Of your main five, only two are DS: TFP and FOTP. If you're in a good guild that's generating tokens from all three raids, FOSFTP and his ship from the guild store is not a hard farm. Geo Soldier is a ship you already have and regularly shows up in the Galactic War store. KRU is a fast farm, and his ship is easy to get to 7* way before anything else (the downside here is your Cantina farm list is already long). I didn't use KRU - I found that Maul/Scimitar dropped often enough for me to use him in my DS lineup. Chip away at Slave 1 and TIE Advanced, they're extremely useful, powerful ships that will help you do well in fleet arena. Keep up with Biggs (he's your tank, you need him beefy), Wedge, and JC so you have 8 ships at 5* for the mat challenge.

Next up: Rebels for Palpatine. Sounds like you're doing well with STHan, Wedge, Biggs, and Lando. Old Ben is a good 5th and a pretty fast farm. They're my arena team right now and I'm placing in the top 100 every day. However, because ships are so, so important, think about maybe doing TFP first, or doing Old Ben and TFP at the same time.

As for Empire, you're mostly set there. I got Stormtrooper from Cantina because RG is a longish farm. If you have no interest in Stormtrooper, maybe get a head start on your First Order team and start buying First Order Officer from the Cantina Store.

Finally, CLS: you need Leia and Farmboy Luke for this event. After you finish Tarkin, start buying Leia from the squad arena store. Add Luke to your long list of toons to farm from Cantina, and start farming his LS node if you have access to it. Spend any extra LS/DS energy on gear farming. Gear is massively important.
  • Bestusername
    94 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    First you need 5 4* dark side ships to get executrix 5*
    To actually do the ability mat challenge with zetas that opens at 78, you need 8 5* ships (alignment does not matter) in addition to 5* executrix
  • Yeah you need 5 4* dark side ships to be able to attempt the challenge. I'm not sure how much success you'll have if all you bring is 5 4* ships.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Thanks for answers.
    The event for luke is just righ now. And i'm not at all ready. For the next one you know what time have I to prepare it ?

Finally i decide to change my plan, and add Phoenix team in my plan :

* For Fleet, my first objectives : DS 4* stars Ships - FTP/FOTP/Tie Advanced/Slave 1/Scimitar. It will be long to have the 3 last ships, but i did more than half of the job right now for these ships. FTP and FOTP doesn't seem a problem for upgrade after.
    I have half of Dark Maul 4*. DV and Bobba are 7*.
    * In cantina, finally my ally ofd guild advices me up Chopper. I up ZeB in galactic war stores, and buy some shards Ships i need.
    * After Tarkin in arena store, i aim Kanan. I ll do Leia after.
    * In Cantina, after Wedge i hesitate. I need 4 Characters : Ezra / Hera / Obi Wan / FOTP. I just don't how prioritize my farm. Any idea ?

My last question, i have Baze almost 4* (21/30) and 3* same for Chirrut (45/50). When think you i can use efficiently this pair ?
  • Depends on your short term and long tearm goals.

If it's just getting CLS, you need to keep working on Old Ben, Leia, STHan, Farmboy Luke, and an Empire team.

Baze, Chirrut, Phoenix, FOTP aren't helping you there, except maybe in helping get GW currency and getting Thrawn/EP when they come around (which would then go on your Empire team for R2).

There's always a lot going on in this game, from new players to 2m GP players. Prioritizing is very important to sustained success.
  • Short term goal is to stay in a good rank in arena. If i reach top 200, it's great for me.
    And long term goal is Cls.

I delay old obi-Wan and leia farming because i have some months for next CLS event. But i continue Obi-Wan in guilde store (mid 5*).

My empire team is RG 5*, DV 5*, FTP 5* and Tarkin 6*. I will have Palapatine with my rebel ( 3 7* now, and i'm working on Wedge in cantina and some Phoenix.)
    I suppose Darth Vader will long to farm. Si Phoenix seems be good option to have my fifth empire membres and i will have Thrawn in bonus.

I farm Baze and chirrut because it seems they are very good toons together. And will works well with rebels i have. I admit It is little slower with these two farm. ( baze with cristal ans chirrut in fleet store)
  • It took roughly 6-7 months to farm baze to 7 stars, even after unlocking him for free on day one. So it’s a long grind. Chirrut is pretty fast to grind once you perform in ship arena.

Make sure you get Luke Farmboy and Leia up too or CLS will never happen.
  • Narad_Etup wrote: »
    I delay old obi-Wan and leia farming because i have some months for next CLS event. But i continue Obi-Wan in guilde store (mid 5*).

If ou want CLS then farm then now. Be ready. There is no problem in being early.

Plus - STHan, R2, Old Ben and Leia are great Arena characters.

• Ok ! Thanks you very much.
    I will farm Old Ben and FTP in Cantina. In arena store after Tarkin i will do Leia.
    Phoenix is secondary for me. For now i just up Chopper and Zeb. I will do the other when i can.

For Baze and Chirrut, it's a long time grind but i hope at the end, it will pay.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Narad_Etup wrote: »
    Ok ! Thanks you very much.
    I will farm Old Ben and FTP in Cantina. In arena store after Tarkin i will do Leia.
    Phoenix is secondary for me. For now i just up Chopper and Zeb. I will do the other when i can.

For Baze and Chirrut, it's a long time grind but i hope at the end, it will pay.

They are a long term grind. I just have to be honest - I'm really not sure they're worth the grind any more. 6 months ago- definitely. But now? I can't help feel that they've been overtaken by so many others I'm not saying that they are not very good characters - they are. It's just that there are others, that are probably better, and possibly an easier grind.

Post edited by CoastalJames on
  • . It's just that there are others, that are probably better, and possibly an easier grind.

**** ! If it's long and useless. It does'nt worth it. Can you tell me what is better and easier ?
  • Don't know that I'd consider them useless - it's a pretty potent combo. Just not priority one.
  • Don't know that I'd consider them useless - it's a pretty potent combo. Just not priority one.

This - they are not useless. They are very good. 6 months ago they were meta-good. Now they are not meta-good.

Also- neither of them lead you to anywhere else. The Old School Rebel team I suggested get you to CLS. Arguably one of the top 5 characters.
  • Hello everybody !

One month later .... after i follow your advice. I'm in good way i think, even if in arena it's hard for me against Dark Nihilus team. I'm between rank 130-180 in arena, rank 20-30 in fleet. It's good for me.

- I work fo EP event, and i want to know if i'm ready to fight with this team : Wedge (L) G8, Biggs G9, Han Solo Stormtrooper G9, Lando Calrissian G8, Old Obiwan G9 (i will have soon 7*). I will up Wedge to G9, but it's very long for the last gear i need (stun gun). It will be OK ?

- For the R2D2 event, i have same question about gears. What i need to up for this event and for this team : EP (will have soon i hope) / DV G8 / Tarkin G8 / TFP G8 / RG G7.

- For CLS i will up Luke after Obiwan in cantina. I think it's the best option to be ready soon. And i have the very same question, what about gears ?

- i will soon reach 7* for Leia. I'm not sure what farm next ... Greedo is good ? because i need a 5th scoundrel 5* (i will have Raid han beofre level 80 i hope).

- Last point, the fleet. I up my DS ships but it is very long because Scimitar/DV Ships/ Bobba ships are hard to farm .... i hope i will not be too late for zetas in my shards with this choice.

• Narad_Etup
    32 posts Member
    edited April 2018

Hello people,

i keep my way for CLS and after following tour advice i keep my rank in arena between 150-200 and in arena fleet around rank 25-35. So it's good, thanks all.

I have 2 others questions !!
    - about gears of toons, what do you advice for event (EP / R2D2 / CLS). I'm almost ready for EP i think.
    - about zeta challenges, i just have my tarkin 5 stars this morning. But i have just 6 ships with 4*. Don't know who is my fifth ships. What do you advice ? JC ? Five ? Rex ?
    I don't know if choosing Scimitar (8/65) / TIE Advances (4/65) / Slave 1 (12/65) is a good idea. Considering time and ressources i invest in them, i cant stop now. But it's quite long ....

Regards,
  • As for events - check the event forums. Lots of good info there. Better than trying to cover them all here.

Zeta challenge - Use whatever you're using for the arena now. It's just level 3 of the ability mat challenge.
  • Thanks for answer Trystan ! I will take a look events forum.

Ps :it's strange my post of yesterday just appears now on the forum ...
  • For events, gear level 9 is generally considered the gold standard. If you have over half your team at gear 9+ and the other 2 at gear 8+, you should be fine in any legendary or hero’s journey event, as long as you’re also leveling up abilities and giving your team speed from mods. Some events require most of your team to be at 180+ speed, and I’ve seen posts that recommend 200+ speed to unlock CLS.

Regarding ships, I would come up with a long-term strategy and stick with it. I’m one of the last people in my arena top 50 without a zeta ability because I did not plan out ships well and just starred up the ships I had until I hit a wall and couldn’t progress. I then had to plan out what I was going to do and do some serious improvement on specific ships and pilots to progress. I’d only star up ships you intend to use in arena or in challenges.
  • Narad_Etup
    32 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    thanks, it's good to know. I need to farm some gears after shard i supposed (if i want do cls quickly). As soon as my RG will be 7*, i will use my energy in gear farm.
    The only way to up speed is mod ? I farm some, but it's far to be optimal right now ... My toon's speed is between 135 and 165 in arena ...

For the ships, i need to farm quickly a 8th ships to aviod yout situation for Zeta challenge ... i hesitate to up JC ships because i have it already at 3* and toon are easy to farm too.

• Narad_Etup wrote: »
    thanks, it's good to know. I need to farm some gears after shard i supposed (if i want do cls quickly). As soon as my RG will be 7*, i will use my energy in gear farm.
    The only way to up speed is mod ? I farm some, but it's far to be optimal right now ... My toon's speed is between 135 and 165 in arena ...

For the ships, i need to farm quickly a 8th ships to aviod yout situation for Zeta challenge ... i hesitate to up JC ships because i have it already at 3* and toon are easy to farm too.

Yes - mods are the only way to increase speed. As for the consular's ship - It's a very useful ship, especially with Biggs and running under Home one. I wouldn't neglect it.
  • Hello all

I progress with my two team empire and CLS event team.
    I up Vader Gear 10 and will up Luke and Leia Gear 9. The problem is i dont have R2. I will save gear and capacities mat for up R2 at least g8. And Hope it works.

I have question for fleet now. One last shard of Tie x1 and i have my fleet ready for zêta challenges. I dont Know what to do After. I up a phoenix team to get Thrawn so Chimarea will my next objective i think. What's the better way to do that and a keep good rank in fleet with what i already have.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Until you get Chimaera, for fleet I would run Tarkin Executrix lead, with your front lineup as Vader, Biggs, FO TIE, Imp TIE, and Slave I. Have Scimitar as your first reinforcement.

Of course, we may be upgrading to ships 2.0 very, very soon, so that could change.
  • ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    Farm for the requirements for legendary events. Out of the cantina store get FO officer