Rancor Solo

I can’t seem to find a team that works. I am close to 7* Teebo so he might help but I never hit for more than 1 million damage in phase 1. I also have 7* bb8 but he’s only lvl 1. I usually go with EP lead no zeta, Vader, tarkin, magma and KRU or FOO. Any tips on team composition would be great. https://swgoh.gg/u/kramerwtmf/

Replies

• Teebo, QGJ, jyn(or foo), rex, TFP
  • I have none of those toons except teebo and FOO. @Syrup_Chugger3
  • Well, then. Zeta on vader run empire with teebo?
  • Sounds like your expectations are too high, rancor solo isn't supposed to be a thing for new players
  • Starkblast
    86 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    CLS lead and Han Solo. Speed over 180 on both. 7 star and gear 12 and unique Zeta abilities Put it on Auto and walk away
  • Starkblast wrote: »
    CLS lead and Han Solo. Speed over 180 on both. 7 star and gear 12 and unique Zeta abilities Put it on Auto and walk away

OP doesn't have CLS and only has Han at 5*
  • Starkblast wrote: »

That really doesnt help him since he doesnt have CLS and his han solo is only 5 star.

Best bet is zeta Vader with empire and teebo. Teebo and magma modded for crazy potency unless you have someone to apply tenacity down
  • You don't have a roster capable of solo'ing the Pit ... yet. But you can work on it. Collect zetas, upgrade Vader lead. Run Vader, Palp, Tarkin, Magma, FOO. Forget Teebo.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    To solo rancour you need tenacity down speed down and a lot of turn meter reduction.

You have too little turn meter reduction in your team.

So in a rancour solo team who works.

Vader has speed down but that's usually not enough to justify a place. KRU has tenacity down.

Magma Tarkin and FOO have tmr but only on long cool down specials.

Teebo as a leader has definite potential. I'd say your best team would be teebo lead Vader tarkin magma foo kru but I reckon it would break down before a solo.

Zeta Vader tarkin magma tfp and any other empire or Sith is an easy way of doing the job too.
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    You might not like my answer, but I don't think you should expect to be able to solo the rancor with the roster that you have. Soloing the rancor takes some investment into specific characters for that very purpose. Many squads can do it, but you need the toons.

But for where you're at, this is the best I can do: Teebo, FOO, BB8, Phasma, and maybe Tarkin.

Teebo is your main TMR (and will need more speed on him than you have; just switch a +30 speed arrow on him when you take your runs). FOO is a backup and can give him turns when needed. BB8 will put a tenacity down on the rancor so you can land your TMR and slow, and Illuminated Destiny will hugely boost your damage output. Phasma will apply slow, and her Victory March can give a TMR boost to get you out of trouble. Ideally, you'd want another backup TMR, but Tarkin is all you have.

You're not going to solo with this, but you'll stay alive as long as possible with the roster you have. Best of luck.
  • Should I put bb8 in there when I get him to max lvl? He adds potency and tenacity down.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Kramer512 wrote: »
    Should I put bb8 in there when I get him to max lvl? He adds potency and tenacity down.

He could replace kru but foo and kru mesh a little on the same team (bonuses for first order allies). Potency boost doesn't matter once you have tenacity down. Illuminated destiny will take too long to get off.
  • What should the potency be on my toons to effectively get all the debuffs out? Is 30% too low?
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    I use Wedge Lead, Biggs, CLS, Raid Han, Jyn.

You pretty much want the ability to consistently reduce the rancor's tm, faster than he gains it. Characters that remove a lot of tm (like Teebo, CLS, Jyn, Bistan) are good, as are characters that remove tm on basic (like Qui-Gon Jinn, Rex, Raid han).

Tenacity down helps with consistency. Alternatively, you can have an "irresistible" tm reduction, like zeta Vader lead, zeta Asajj lead, or zeta Rey (Jedi Training).

That's the basic premise behind soloing the raid. You'll need to develop a team that targets this ability.
  • Yeah you want it much higher than 30%. I normally run around the 70% mark with maximum of 85%. Don't see the point in going over that as there is always a 15% chance to resist. Unless of course it's one of the newer toons where effects can't be resisted.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to Rancor sub forum.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Your best bet for now would be to put a zeta on Vader's lead and then use him with Tarkin, 2 more empire and FOO. Preferably take your TFP to 7* and use him as one of the empire toons for tenacity down.

Alternatively get Teebo to 7* and use him as leader with Phasma, FOO and either your two best TM removers or TFP (for tenacity down) and another TM remover. Until you have more TM removers and TFP ready, you could muscle your way through (maybe even complete phase 1) with Teebo (leader), Phasma, FOO, Wedge and Biggs. Lots of Potency and speed on FOO and Teebo. Potency on Phasma (no speed) and high offens/crit chance/crit damage on Wiggs.