Anyone else tired of 2 TW back-to-back?

Tifer
130 posts Member
I personally really dislike these being back to back. And seeing how my guild's participation is going down each and every time, I don't think I'm the only one.

Are we going to keep this cadence up or will it eventually be:

LS territory battle
TW
DS territory battle
TW

???

Replies

• Tifer
    130 posts Member
    Oh, and put a day off in between these events.

I can feel the frustration among my guild
  • Kind of hard work to participate isn't it.
  • Tifer
    130 posts Member
    Kind of hard work to participate isn't it.

It's a job...
  • Its not that bad. If you don't like it, take the rewards and run. Doesn't cost you anything.
    maximum effort

Angels Reborn
  • Tifer
    130 posts Member
    Well, it costs you your guild if they see no participation.

Not just signing up, but participation...
  • I don't mind Territory Wars, and my guild doesn't either; it really just takes 5 minutes to slap commands on the territories. It only gets much more complicated if you make it so.

Our problem seems to be with Territory Battles, not that anyone explicitly says so. My activity tracking just suggests a sharp drop in participation the fourth day onwards (I'd say anywhere from 10 to 30%; I should see what happens when I'm annoying with command notices). Even activity tracking for TW is easier than TB (I still need to do a bunch of data entry stuff for the last one, ugh).

• TW is the best part of the game right now imo. Lets have 3 back to back.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Time wise a back to back TW is about the same as TBs. They seem to be treating them as 1 entity, and I kinda like it.

Plan once play twice.

I can see officers getting a little burnt on it if they try to change stuff too much between, but if they spread them out like that, officers won't get any breaks. Need to recruit get people changed in and out, and plan the next TW and organize TBs.... at least this way you can ignore the second one as it's the same plan as the first.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Its not that bad. If you don't like it, take the rewards and run. Doesn't cost you anything.

Except for the ire of your guild.

I wish they would double the rewards and halve the number of TWs. With the new raid pretty much always going on my guild is getting pretty burnt out.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Yes back to back TW's is awful. Some seem to like it so to each their own.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    This time around the two TWs were not back—to—back. There was one day in between, which was great.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    This time around the two TWs were not back—to—back. There was one day in between, which was great.

No, it's exactly the same as the last few times. Opens Sat, set defense Sun, attack Mon. Opens Tues, set defense Wed, attack Thurs. No change at all.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • i would sooner do territory wars than the new sith raid to be honest.
    Lost in the 20th century
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Tifer wrote: »

I seriously can't stand these comments that come around every cycle. There's literally a two day break built in. First day literally just click join, second day put in a handful of your preset teams. Takes like 30 seconds total.

Oh also, if you really don't enjoy the best part of the game (imo), then just sit one out. It helps your guild to have a few spots empty. Mine is 95mil guild, but we usually have somewhere between 80-90mil active GP in each TW with people being busy.
  • Nope not sick of it.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Ploosh wrote: »

I seriously can't stand these comments that come around every cycle. There's literally a two day break built in. First day literally just click join, second day put in a handful of your preset teams. Takes like 30 seconds total.

Oh also, if you really don't enjoy the best part of the game (imo), then just sit one out. It helps your guild to have a few spots empty. Mine is 95mil guild, but we usually have somewhere between 80-90mil active GP in each TW with people being busy.

As much as I like to poke at the devs about the matchmaking issues, I completely agree with two of your biggest points here.

1. It is a trivial matter to join, and deploy defensive units. This isn't a valid complaint. There are legit areas for improvement in other aspects of the game, but TW timing and the first two days of action aren't one of them.

2. I actually agree that it's one of the best, it not the best, game mode. YMMV depending on your guild, but that's not a dev issue. I have a blast in TW.
  • Ploosh wrote: »

1 button to join, then 30 seconds to deploy... unless you're an officer. It's a full day's work.
  • The anxiety the OP is probably feeling stems from the desire to win, which I applaud. But the rewards from TW are amazing. It may be tough to put into perspective because we've had it for some time now, but the zeta grind was so much worse before TW came out. Plus G12 gear! All you have to do is click join and you'll get decent rewards.

Another post had it right. Plan once, deploy twice. Ask your guild mates to create preset squads. Set your defenses. And come to an agreement that you want everyone to battle on offense in the first TW and in the second, don't stress it. You'd be amazed how amenable your guild will be to this setup.
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    The anxiety the OP is probably feeling stems from the desire to win, which I applaud. But the rewards from TW are amazing. It may be tough to put into perspective because we've had it for some time now, but the zeta grind was so much worse before TW came out. Plus G12 gear! All you have to do is click join and you'll get decent rewards.

I don't find the rewards that great, but that is because we are in the 30 - 39 GP rewards zone each time (our guild is 46M GP). I either get one zeta or one omega. Not a lot of GEC for either. My point being, unless you are in a powerful GP guild, the rewards are very MEH compared to TB, which is terrific even at our 18 stars.

I have gone from highly disliking the TWs to just disliking them though. When we get to the 50M GP rewards I'm sure it will be more enticing to do participate.
    Our problem seems to be with Territory Battles, not that anyone explicitly says so. My activity tracking just suggests a sharp drop in participation the fourth day onwards (I'd say anywhere from 10 to 30%; I should see what happens when I'm annoying with command notices). Even activity tracking for TW is easier than TB (I still need to do a bunch of data entry stuff for the last one, ugh).

I would think that drop off is when the GP needed to get stars is at a level too high to get 2 on (or maybe 3 depending on your guild's GP) so people become MEH if they don't participate before that 1 or 2 star mark and it becomes moot. Just my opinion though.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    Ploosh wrote: »

1 button to join, then 30 seconds to deploy... unless you're an officer. It's a full day's work.

Depends on the guild and what the officers do.

I'm an officer in a fairly casual guild. We do have a strategy for defense, but I stay out of that part of management. My thing is running the raids.

Perhaps you guys should split up your duties, or if you're already doing that, maybe rotate them. Then you don't burn out.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Fun value = TW > Sith raid

At least in TW u don't need to play for +30 min just for find nice RNG against nihilus :frowning:
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    My least favorite thing is how quickly the TW come after a TB is over. We get 2 days after TW end before TB starts, and let's be honest Phase 1 of TB is almost 0 effort comparatively to the last few days of TB. Yet immediately after the last day of TB we have TW setup. Just wish they would put the additional break after TB, not before TB.