Payout nightmare situation, this isn't fair!

Prev1
I have 4 people in my fleet arena constantly interlocking themselves in top 4. It's getting really frustrating as I'm unable to battle any one because they lock each other up.

This is unfair and honestly I would try to contact them but since the payout time is too full all the way up to 4th, they are probably not even gonna be interested in rotating with another person.

Something needs to be done, I'm basically forever doomed to be stuck behind them and no matter how strong my fleet becomes I won't be able to go up against 4 people all by myself. What's worse is that I can't lock myself in 5th either due to the fact that I have noone to battle, everyone is unavailable due to being in combat with one another so I'm literally vulnerable for the last 10 minutes. I know there are others luring around during that payout time as well.

I don't think this is fair by any means, and don't use the argument that I should have joined them sooner because that's not how the game is meant to be played. I wish I would have known sooner that it's possible to collude with other players instead of rightfully fighting to get a good rank, I wish someone would have told me but honestly I don't see why I should forever be locked out of top 4 because I am not part of the cool kids.

I'm sorry but this has to change to ensure a great experience for all players!

Replies

  • scuba
    12100 posts Member
    Won't change till arena payout systems changes which probably won't happen.
  • I recommend honestly finding a way to reach them. There is a section in the forum to find guild mates and they will more than likely be willing to get you into the rotation if you ask. It does suck if they all share the same pay out so finding them will at least get you into that rotation.
  • Post a screenshot of the top 4 and people here will know how to contact as least one person in those guilds
  • Julmay
    165 posts Member
    Throwing a tantrum wont change what is happening. The suggestions given are your best bet.
    Bailey wrote: »
    As though you finish 5th, what about reaching out to others behind you say 6th-8th and collude with them or even more and knock them back far.. Then start battles before the 4 and lock yourselves top 4 (or more) as a big **** to the others :)

    System won't change but strategy can and its a dirty galaxy out there!!!

  • Waqui
    4599 posts Member
    BazeMalbus wrote: »
    Something needs to be done, I'm basically forever doomed to be stuck behind them and no matter how strong my fleet becomes I won't be able to go up against 4 people all by myself.

    Since there are so many others with the same payout as you climb, may I suggest, that you contact one of them? Then you could climb to first and second earlier than those 4 others and then lock yourselves in place. If you do that enough days in a row, I'm sure, they will let you in in their rotation.

  • Contact them.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere."
  • Get a better fleet so nobody can get you out of top position. GG
  • Get a better fleet so nobody can get you out of top position. GG

    Uhh this is literally impossible, you have no idea what you're talking about man
  • We have a guy that holds #1 nobody can take him out. He has 50k more power than others(270k vs 220k) and by far fastest tarkin.
  • We have a guy that holds #1 nobody can take him out. He has 50k more power than others(270k vs 220k) and by far fastest tarkin.

    If you're in the 220 range you can't judge, arena is much different at the 400k+ anyone can beat anyone with those Thrawn-tie fighter teams. You have alot to learn before you judge this post
  • Well you havent specified how old your shard is. And weird to complain after such a long while.
  • Then play better, switch it up, out gear them, time your attacks differently , there's always options
  • Then play better, switch it up, out gear them, time your attacks differently , there's always options

    Almost everyone in the shard has maxed pilots, you can't out gear them. Also I only get 5 attempts free, if I spend 50 crystals to buy a other 5 and then 50 more to lock myself so that I don't get picked up during the 2.5 minute gap between battles and I'm already -100 that's literally the difference between 5th and 1st...

    It's easier said than done but once gear on pilots caps then you can't surpass them
  • Well you havent specified how old your shard is. And weird to complain after such a long while.

    Not as old as you think but old enough to have plenty of maxed pilots on the top end
  • BazeMalbus wrote: »
    Then play better, switch it up, out gear them, time your attacks differently , there's always options

    Almost everyone in the shard has maxed pilots, you can't out gear them. Also I only get 5 attempts free, if I spend 50 crystals to buy a other 5 and then 50 more to lock myself so that I don't get picked up during the 2.5 minute gap between battles and I'm already -100 that's literally the difference between 5th and 1st...

    It's easier said than done but once gear on pilots caps then you can't surpass them

    Your claiming your pilots are g12+?
  • Jabba
    985 posts Member
    Sounds like the 4 players locking are playing smart it’s within game rules no cheats here. Take advice you been given collude with others to take those 4 on or take 1 early and lock yourself . It’s a stratagy game and those 4 are being strategic .
  • I'm sure if you contacted them they would let you in the shard chat, there wouldnt be an issue rotating the top 5 daily, at least its not in my shard chat
  • CHFC22
    579 posts Member
    A lot don't here it seems, but I agree with you. It isn't cheating but certainly isn't within the spirit of any game to have a little cartel like that. But you can't do anything about it other than joining them or somehow making your team invincible, so just move on.
  • leef
    11242 posts Member
    sharing pay-out with multiple active players will result in being locked out more often than not regardless.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Embarrassed for you actually asking to be placed higher in fleet arena when your fleet obviously isn't as good as the top 4.
  • Remember that fleet payouts are NOT arena payouts. The difference between #1 and #5 is only 100 crystals. Is it really worth the frustration and obvious anxiety you are feeling to earn an extra 25 or 50 crystals?
  • Ferret2112 wrote: »
    Remember that fleet payouts are NOT arena payouts. The difference between #1 and #5 is only 100 crystals. Is it really worth the frustration and obvious anxiety you are feeling to earn an extra 25 or 50 crystals?

    It leaves me exposed for 10 minutes where I sometimes get picked off and drop to 8 or 9. But even so, it's silly not to have the opportunity to get 1st
  • Take first early and lock yourself. Once your battle is over, refresh and lock again.
    If you are working solo, that’s your only choice.
    I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for the system to be changed.
  • Also from another perspective:

    I’ve been playing competitively in arena for a long time and spending a lot of resources (and some real money occasionally) to keep myself on top.
    Now suddenly the arenas have changed such that way more people can climb up to the top without making the same investment I have been for the past 2 years.
    There is literally no amount of money I could spend to make my team immune to being beaten by someone with 1M less GP than me.

    From that perspective, can you blame them for working together to keep others away and protect their investments? Also: Do you think that if the rules changed to something more “fair” for you that players like them would keep on spending to improve when there is no incentive to do so?
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    Take first early and lock yourself. Once your battle is over, refresh and lock again.
    If you are working solo, that’s your only choice.
    I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for the system to be changed.

    LMAO, dude I would literally have to spend more crystals than I would get from the rewards in order to do that
  • leef
    11242 posts Member
    BazeMalbus wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Take first early and lock yourself. Once your battle is over, refresh and lock again.
    If you are working solo, that’s your only choice.
    I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for the system to be changed.

    LMAO, dude I would literally have to spend more crystals than I would get from the rewards in order to do that

    Not really, spend 50 crystals to earn a 100 more.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    Also from another perspective:

    I’ve been playing competitively in arena for a long time and spending a lot of resources (and some real money occasionally) to keep myself on top.
    Now suddenly the arenas have changed such that way more people can climb up to the top without making the same investment I have been for the past 2 years.
    There is literally no amount of money I could spend to make my team immune to being beaten by someone with 1M less GP than me.

    From that perspective, can you blame them for working together to keep others away and protect their investments? Also: Do you think that if the rules changed to something more “fair” for you that players like them would keep on spending to improve when there is no incentive to do so?

    I don't think that spending should determine how high you place or how easily you can do it. I think spending should not grant you a free pass to winning and that you'd still have to put in the work.

    I only wish arena was more skill dependent and less RNG dependent. I don't think that speed should be the only determining factor as to who wins.

    Mods are customizable gear and it could be a perfect opportunity to allow creativity and outplaying enemies it with the way it's set up it's basically whoever has the highest speeds wins. This is really saddening and feels like wasted potential since there's no room for outplaying or truly customizing your team. You just pick you best mods for speed and you get a free win with little effort. That's why anyone can beat anyone, there's no way to truly boost your stats and modify damage to survavability rations, picking and choosing a perfect balance between those two.
  • leef wrote: »
    BazeMalbus wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Take first early and lock yourself. Once your battle is over, refresh and lock again.
    If you are working solo, that’s your only choice.
    I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for the system to be changed.

    LMAO, dude I would literally have to spend more crystals than I would get from the rewards in order to do that

    Not really, spend 50 crystals to earn a 100 more.

    Hhm, well not if you have to lock yourself more than once and not if you sometimes have to spend another 50 to buy 5 more attempts because you just got out of a back and forth with people.

    If I'm sitting at 10th and I have to battle either 7 or 6 and they both are fighting for the same payout then I can't steer clear off them.

    Also if I climb too soon I can get picked off back to back. It's happened to me before to climb to 1 early and then drop from 1 to 5 and from 5 to 9. If they coordinate their attacks then the one leaves me and the other one picks me the same moment.

    Some times I've ended up in 1 and I bought a refresh to get to lock myself and then I realized there's noone open for me to fight cause 4,3 and 2 are in combat so I just wasted 50 crystals and I'm vulnerable to whoever is in 5th cause I can't lock myself
Sign In or Register to comment.