What is happening to notices of events?

Prev13456716
Vanov77
21 posts Member
edited March 2018
I'm pretty shocked to see the evolution of the notice about events... JTR one week, CLS practically just 8 hours. CLS was my first objective in this game and seeing my new team mates in my guild who will not able to unlock it just for a matter of time, makes me sad... i wonder why and the the answer is just money...
Guys we know that you aren't working for free but, panic farming every single event like this is madness. Keeping on this way, You will rise the frustration of players, mostly in the medium-high range as i decided to never more buy a single packet after the soon reliese of JRT.
Other will quit for sure. We don't ask incredible stuff, just give the right amount of time for doing everything and let us have fun. Life is already a mess and it should be enough... let us play and chill.

Replies

• Half of my guild (myself included) got screwed up o JTR, now the other half on CLS. It's getting really annoying to keep up this way.
  • murchy_7
    70 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    absolute joke - I completely agree.

CG is kitten for making this happen - frustration to a new level.

I understand we need to farm to prepare for future events but to drop 4 heroic toons in a week is ridiculous

especially on the basis that these were only last completed in December - 3 months is not a sufficient time in between CLS events in my opinion - at least while there are no new heroic toons being released
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Ya at this point I don't really care anymore because i'm honestly not surprised. Soon they won't even announce hero events but rather they will just pop up in game at random. The investors are the real players of this game, we are their entertainment.
  • Whats up with the so called "schedule" ? its appearing 3 months after the last one. I guess thats the new marker now
  • There's no schedule, any schedule is merely anticipation based on past trends.
  • Woie
    20 posts Member
    In no way disagreeing with you 8 hours notice on an official announcement is shocking..... however STH as the daily log should have been your first clue
  • Unacceptable. Stop the event!! The audacity of the devs to bring CLS back.
  • Jed_Eye
    173 posts Member
    While the lack of communication is appalling after the q&a session, if you are expecting an event to occur at a particular date and not prepping in advance for a toon you want... You only have yourself to blame.
  • They do what they want honestly and if they think it will make them more money then you better believe they will do it. It's quite sad tbh. If I had money to burn I would just become an investor because thats probably where all the fun is in this game atm.
  • Because JEDI LUKE IN MAY WOOOOOOOOOOO

^^^ completely unfounded rumor ^^^
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    They do what they want honestly and if they think it will make them more money then you better believe they will do it. It's quite sad tbh. If I had money to burn I would just become an investor because thats probably where all the fun is in this game atm.

Yeah, but for every $12.99 you invest you have a chance to get between $5 and $330 back. Not sure if that's a great investment.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    They do what they want honestly and if they think it will make them more money then you better believe they will do it. It's quite sad tbh. If I had money to burn I would just become an investor because thats probably where all the fun is in this game atm.

Yeah, but for every $12.99 you invest you have a chance to get between $5 and $330 back. Not sure if that's a great investment.

HAHA!! I love it.
  • Woie wrote: »
    In no way disagreeing with you 8 hours notice on an official announcement is shocking..... however STH as the daily log should have been your first clue

You're right but the daily does not make me think about the event... Maybe guess that there was the Solo movie trailer too... if there had been Leia or Ben, you would have thought the same?
    Just thinking on past months as we had the sith assassin or Cad Bane
  • So I noticed that the devs said they would give more notice for major events so people could prepare more.
    I have been working on my CLS team but with the thought that CLS would be in the summer as its mid cycle. Now once again hero event with only a day to be ready and it's again only running for week. How is this more notice?
  • Get your last SThan shards 2 days late!
  • Dagon
    105 posts Member
    April fool's joke is here guys :D:D:D
  • Honestly, I'm with @Woie. As soon as I saw StHan as the log in character I assumed that CLS was coming this month. The surprise for me was JTR, though I had all characters ready for her return so there was no panic farm. So I'm honestly not surprised CLS is back, the 7 hour timeframe between announcement and event going live is not kosher imo even though I have a 7* R2 and CLS already.
  • Jed_Eye
    173 posts Member
    Half of my guild (myself included) got screwed up o JTR, now the other half on CLS. It's getting really annoying to keep up this way.

How did anyone get shafted? If they weren't ready that's on them. They can get the toons next to around. If you want a toon, farm for them expecting them to pop tomorrow.
  • Jed_Eye
    173 posts Member
    The Aprils tools joke they played was them telling us they want more open communication.
  • Jed_Eye
    173 posts Member
    APX_919 wrote: »

Yeah, but for every $12.99 you invest you have a chance to get between $.05 and $3.30 back. Not sure if that's a great investment.

Fixed
  • APX_919 wrote: »

You win the Internet today
  • SoonerJBD
    460 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    JTR was two days notice, not a week. People were mad about that, too. Justifiably.
  • So the dev team does an emergency Q&A session and promises more transparency and more notice on things. Then this. Seems a bit counterproductive. Moves like this right after what seemed like a move in the right direction only compounds the problem. In case the entire dev team doesn't get it yet, players are getting frustrated. And frustrated customers don't continue to do business with someone who frustrates them.
  • So CG, you hit us with another slap in the face right after the outrage over the JTR event timing. At least the JTR event timing made sense because of the timing with the movie. You may have had an innocent excuse for that one. However, you have absolutely no excuse for bringing CLS back far sooner than anyone predicted, with literally 8 hours notice. Unfortunately, there's no way the event will be pushed back, which is why I'd never ask for that.

A more reasonable request would be to extend the event until the last day of the month. This wouldn't be difficult, you've extended events before. The reason I believe the event should be extended until the last day of the month is the fact that you made the login character Stormtrooper Han. I know when preparing for this event coming in April, I factored those Han shards into my farming equation and many others may have done so as well.

Honestly, it just makes sense that the event should end on the same day we get the last STH shards for the month. A move like this may even help reduce some of the inevitable backlash, because it would show that you're actually committed to listening to your players. Please CG, this isn't a huge request, and it's one that just makes good sense. Please extend the CLS event to end on the 31st. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
  • If you don't have CLS and want him and haven't prepared by now, I don't know what to tell you. All the requirements have been known for a long time.
  • Where did you see that CLS is coming back that soon?

And if that is indeed the case, then I just got duped out of getting JTR, BB-8, and now, apparently R2 and CLS as well. Yay. Guess I'm done spending money on this game for a while. It's a shame too, because the $200 worth of Google Play cards that I have laying around have been begging me to spend them. And now I have no reason too. Ugh...
  • Xoulrath wrote: »
    Where did you see that CLS is coming back that soon?

m80Kd2S.png
This discussion has been closed.