Sion's Torment Omega WAI?

VonZant
3843 posts Member
Noticed this in GW. Has cooldown of 5. Says "Reduce the cooldown of this ability by one for each enemy without Pain." More importantly, does not say "Then" or "and" at start of this part of description.

So, according to reading should start each phase of GW (Assume TW also) with the ability up, since no enemies have pain at start. Yet cooldown starts at 2 in one match. So, seems bugged.

Even stranger, Sion then attacks once with his basic and gives one enemy pain. So cooldown should be reduced by 4. Next of his turns cooldown says 1. Should be up. Again, seems bugged.

Does not seem to be working correctly according to description. If it is WAI then description needs to be changed by removal of the period and insertion of word "and" before it.

Can anyone confirm?

Replies

• Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Options
    In GW, there are only 2 abilities where cooldown doesn't carry over between battles - Nihilus's anahilate and BB8's illuminated destiny. The rest, your cooldown decreases where you take additional turns and the reduced cooldown is what carries over to the next stage.

As far as the second thing you said... Seems to me it worked exactly as it said it would in the description. So I'm not sure what the problem is.
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    Options
    The reduce the cooldown portion of the ability only procs when you use the ability. Use the ability, does damage, applies pain, checks to see how many opponents don’t have pain and reduces the cooldown by that much. There’s nothing in that ability that indicates it’s going to reduce the cooldown every turn for toons without pain or whatever it is you’re trying to have it do. It’s not a unique.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks. But then should it not say "then" or "and" in front of it to indicate it is triggered only on use? Because it does not read that way now.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    My interpretation of it was that the cd is removed for each enemy w/out pain after it's used, so I don't think it needs to be changed

It'd be kinda OP if Sion could wipe enemy buffs away every other turn if they were resisting pain for whatever reason.

Now if he had another unique that read like- Reduce Sion's cooldown by 1 for every enemy without pain

that would make no sense because it's not attached to a move and has no detail of when it would proc. It would need a phrase like 'after Sion's turn, reduce....'

and again, that'd be OP. Could end up with 35% prot regen every turn if you skipped the zeta