Feedback from a p2p player

Let me start by giving you a bit of background so you know where I'm coming from. I've been playing 3 months and 3 weeks now. I've been able to get all the event characters (JTR, BB8, R2, CLS, Yoda, Palpatine), except Thrawn. I'll get Thrawn the next time he's offered and be done with event characters.

Lets start with the good:
Besides the game being amazingly fun, the ability to acquire the event characters in such a short amount of time has been great. It's been a bit hectic trying to figure out who to farm and gear, but overall it wasn't too bad. A clearer schedule definitely would have helped, but I was still able to get everyone but Thrawn so no complaints from me.

Now the bad:
CREDITS - I have so many characters I can't use simply because I don't have enough credits to star them up and level them. My Phoenix squad is all sitting at g8, level 60, 4 star with 250/65 shards (i.e. I have the shards to level them up, but not the credits). Much of this game is about having a diverse roster in order to participate in all aspects of the game; however, I'm not able to do that. I was lucky enough to find a great guild that was well established (112 million GP) that took me in despite being new. This is definitely not the case for most new players. I want to contribute in TW, raids, etc. I have the characters to contribute, but I simply don't have enough credits to make my characters viable. They sit on my roster, unused, waiting for a day when I have enough credits to level them up and mod them up. Even the majority of the event characters are sitting on my roster unused because I don't have the credits to level them up or the team that goes with them or afford to mod them up.

Now as a p2p player, you might be saying, why don't you just buy the credit packs? They are incredibly unreasonably priced. The biggest one is 1,120 crystals for 1.19m-3.57m, which we all know means 1.19 mil. That doesn't even put a dent in what I need. That would let me take one character from 6-7 stars, when I literally have dozens that need to be starred up, much less leveled up. It's not even a drop in the bucket.

In my opinion, the credit issue doesn't need a tweak. It needs a massive overhaul. It's not like I'm just a little shy of having enough credits, I am leaps and bounds away from having enough credits. It's supremely frustrating having characters I want to play with, but can't, simply because of credits.

The fix:
There are a number of ways you could fix this from increasing credit drops from energy battles, to lowering the cost of leveling or starring up characters. You could increase the amount of credits from the credit packs, though if you do this, it needs to be tripled or quadrupled to make any difference. You could make them a static amount rather than random and up the amount of credits you get. Here's another idea - reduce the cost of leveling and starring up characters for the first 3, 4, 5, or 6 months a player plays the game. For example, for the first 4 months from when you started, it costs 50% of what it does now to level characters. After 4 months, it goes to the current cost.

Conclusion:
However you do it, please find a fix for the credit issue so that newer players don't feel so frustrated and so that we can enjoy all aspects of the game, find good guilds, and enjoy the roster we've built up.

Thanks for listening!

Replies

• Or you could buy all the toons in the arena shipments and then purchase 1 million credits every time you get 2000 tokens. Depending on your arena team, should be every other day. Also, do GW every day, all the activities, and you can find yourself with about a million every day, especially on Tues and Fri
  • I'm completely free to play, always have been, and I only lack 5 toons (Baze, Traya, Wampa, IPD, Urorr). Of all the unlocked toons I have, only 14 are less than level 85
  • It's about resource management, if you try to max everyone out at once you will find yourself short,
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    That’s not really relevant to new players. I’m sure a year from now I’ll have everything leveled too. My point is as a new player I’ve obtained tons of great characters but can’t use them simply because of a massive credit deficit. Not everyone is going to experience this issue, which is why I titled the thread feedback from a p2p player. I’m sitting in literally hundreds of millions of credits needed for unlocked characters with full shards.
  • that's by design. The game wants a steady pace so there's more parity among players. Unless of course you're willing to pay out the nose. Then you can have all the credits your heart designers by buying crystals and investing them in the credit packs.

If you've only been playing for 3 months and already have those exclusive characters my guess is you'll be at top of your arena shard. Have a little patience. There is no end to this game, so don't fall victim to chasing that dragon.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Just want to second some of the responses here. This game is a grind. Everything is at a marathon pace, and money only shortens the timeline. You are trying to catch up to 2+ years of game play in 3 months, that will cost you more $$.

The game is about resource management, the credit crunch is real and the price point is what it is.