Farmboy Luke lead w/ Magmatrooper Sith Raid p1

Prev1
Maybe someone can help me out with this: I am trying a Farmboy Luke zeta lead in phase 1 of the Sith raid. His leadership ability gives Advantage to an ally that resists a detrimental effect. Whenever Magmatrooper attacks Nihilus with his basic he resists the debuff from Nihilus and gains turn meter,he should also get Advantage from Luke. I can briefly see the Advantage buff symbol go up over Magmatrooper but then it quickly disappears. Why is the Advantage buff not sticking to Magmatrooper? Is there some raid mechanic I’m not aware of or may have missed in the details of the raid description? I was really hoping this would work. I want to also run Visas Marr with a zeta unique, Deathtrooper, and ROLO in this team.

Thanks.

Replies

• Themy
    96 posts Member
    First hit magma gains debuff and advantage. Second hit magma loses debuff and crits cause of advantage.
  • Themy wrote: »
    First hit magma gains debuff and advantage. Second hit magma loses debuff and crits cause of advantage.

So Magmatrooper is getting the 100% Crit Chance from the Advantage on the 2nd attack and everything is WAI according to my theory above with a Farmboy Luke lead?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Themy wrote: »

So Magmatrooper is getting the 100% Crit Chance from the Advantage on the 2nd attack and everything is WAI according to my theory above with a Farmboy Luke lead?

Yes your theory is correct, it's just that the advantage is only staying for half of the attacks. However, I would suggest running the team with a Thrawn lead rather than a farmboy luke Lead. Magma will get 100% TM after he uses his basic and can double tap.

Ideally I would say Thrawn (L), Magma (Omega on Basic + Unique), DT (Omega on Deathmark), Visas Marr (w/ Zeta) and ROLO. Just stack a lot of crit chance on ROLO to bring that cooldown of her special down faster.

Although it does appear that you have already invested a zeta in farmboy Luke so you might as well try it with his lead for now. Although I think Thrawn's lead might work better for you.
  • Magma basic when omegaed is double attack, yea as @Themy said
  • Thanks
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    But he's supposed to gain Advantage for 2 Turns from zLSF L.
    If he's gaining it on the 1st part of Turn 1 & using it on the 2nd part, why does it sound like it's not reappearing for his next, Turn 2?
  • But he's supposed to gain Advantage for 2 Turns from zLSF L.
    If he's gaining it on the 1st part of Turn 1 & using it on the 2nd part, why does it sound like it's not reappearing for his next, Turn 2?

Advantage doesn't just hang around like crit chance up.

Once used it's gone - like foresight.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Why would Magma get 100% TM...isn't it 90%? (70% from his unique and 20% from Thrawn?)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited March 2018
  • TVF wrote: »
    Why would Magma get 100% TM...isn't it 90%? (70% from his unique and 20% from Thrawn?)
    Not sure my understanding is correct, but from what I've read here, it seems that on his turn Magma is gaining the DD debuff on attack 1, then resisting it on attack 2, of Turn 1. Or vice versa.
    This shouldn't count as 2 lots of 70% TM, as the Unique is only applying this for the 1st time, either debuffed or resisted, each turn.
    Unless it's the first time each, rather than either, happens?
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    If it was 100%, Nih would never take a turn.
  • TVF wrote: »
    If it was 100%, Nih would never take a turn.
    Anyone else feel a nerf coming? lol
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Actually never mind, Nih gains TM when he is damaged.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Advantage has always lasted for 1 attack or duration of the buff whichever comes first. Typically that would be the next attack only.
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Advantage has always lasted for 1 attack or duration of the buff whichever comes first. Typically that would be the next attack only.
    zLSF L states that allies who resist a detrimental effect will gain Advantage for 2 Turns.
    So after the 1st attack using the buff, the 2nd not because it's already been used on that turn, shouldn't the buff reapply for his 2nd Turn?

Edit, sorry, misunderstood. With you now, thanks.
    Post edited by Well_I_Never on
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    zLSF L states that allies who resist a detrimental effect will gain Advantage for 2 Turns.
    So after the 1st attack using the buff, the 2nd not because it's already been used on that turn, shouldn't the buff reapply for his 2nd Turn?

Nope. As I previously stated, it's gone after one use like foresight. It doesn't hang around giving its benefit for multiple turns the way offense up does.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    So, how does FBL lead work in this fight? Even modded Magma doesnt have huge crit chance so the advantave should help. Curious how it has worked for you?

• But he's supposed to gain Advantage for 2 Turns from zLSF L.

It lasts for two turns but if you use it disappears. They nerfed advantage about two years ago so it works this way. Originally it lasted for two turns which if you ran fo meant you always had advantage which is why they nerfed it.
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    It lasts for two turns but if you use it disappears. They nerfed advantage about two years ago so it works this way. Originally it lasted for two turns which if you ran fo meant you always had advantage which is why they nerfed it.
    Ah right, thanks!
    So if I got it for 2 turns and used anything other than an attack; taunt, heal etc. on my first then I would still have it available for the 2nd.
    But once used, it's gone.

Thank you again.
  • Yes exactly.
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @SnoakeyPoakey1
    How are you finding LSF L? I hope his Tenacity boost is proving useful?
    Was looking at him & Yoda for that.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Not sure my understanding is correct, but from what I've read here, it seems that on his turn Magma is gaining the DD debuff on attack 1, then resisting it on attack 2, of Turn 1. Or vice versa.
    This shouldn't count as 2 lots of 70% TM, as the Unique is only applying this for the 1st time, either debuffed or resisted, each turn.

Magma gets 70% TM from his unique when he resists the first Defense Down, and 20% from Thrawn's lead, but because he double taps, Nihilus attempts to apply a second Defense Down, which triggers another 20% TM gain from Thrawn's lead. So it's effectively 110% TM gain for Magmatrooper, but Nihilus also gains TM when he is hit so he gets to go eventually.
  • yep i use magma team myself with thrawn lead and my magma usually attacks about 6 double attacks for nihlus 1 turn.... if magma didnt hit like wet noodle could do some real dam. ut hes so weak ionly do about 2- 3mil total damage each fight
  • Imo farmboy luke strategy will work i think.. put 4 attacker + 1 healer. Mod them with all 6 tenacity mods, cross primary tenacity. High tenacity + luke lead bonus i think it will surpass +100% tenacity.

Luckily we have great mod management, so swapping mod one to another is very simple and easy oh wait :frowning:
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Luckily we have great mod management, so swapping mod one to another is very simple and easy oh wait :frowning:
    That's going to have me laughing all day!
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    That's going to have me laughing all day!

That's what make p1 sith raid so annoying. Need to swap mod everytime if we want our stategy work n get high score. But.. the mod management is so awesome, amazing n enjoyable.. but why bother? just press auto :unamused:
  • If they ever let us use 2 leader abilities in battle, (for some reason), Magma would destroy P1 alone with Zader/zThrawn leads...
    This is probably one of the reasons they wouldn’t let us do that.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Magma gets 70% TM from his unique when he resists the first Defense Down, and 20% from Thrawn's lead, but because he double taps, Nihilus attempts to apply a second Defense Down, which triggers another 20% TM gain from Thrawn's lead. So it's effectively 110% TM gain for Magmatrooper, but Nihilus also gains TM when he is hit so he gets to go eventually.
    Let's be honest here it is not because of tm gain from damage it is the fact that DN will dodge, what happen everytime I played around with this.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Doesn't Magma hit two people, which isn't a double tap. Does it hit the same person twice if there is only one possible target?

Also, assuming that is the case, magma still gets 90% tm. Pretty darn good

also also, magma doesn't need to resist either defense down. 70% tm land or fail, like Thrawn's lead
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    HK666 wrote: »
    Doesn't Magma hit two people, which isn't a double tap. Does it hit the same person twice if there is only one possible target?

Yes. Yes.