Hello? are you out there?

Zerfius
55 posts Member
edited March 2018
I am sure this post will get relegated to some obscure sub-sub-forum as most of my posts do, or simply removed from the forum, but here is goes anyhow.

The AMA on Saturday night was nice, but not great. You gave a lot of non-answers and coming soon's. Within threads where devs or community managers have commented, there have been promises of additional answers and then silence. From the AMA, there was supposed to be increased transparency and explanations. Instead, we have gotten silence, quick launch events, and simply more of the same.

If you truly intend to increase your communication and good will, you have to actually follow through. You cannot simply launch a quick AMA at inconvenient time for yourselves and the community, cherry pick questions that you have little intention of answering, and then go silent in the week following. Would it not have been better to wait and hold the AMA when you had a road ahead to launch as you mentioned you will do in April? Or when you have the character release information that we all desperately are clamoring for? Rather, you are taking a bad situation and making it worse. It makes the AMA seem like a superficial attempt to appease an agitated player base rather than actually strengthening a relationship that is strained at best.

I do not actually expect a response from someone with a CG tag, but I just wanted to share my thoughts. I am not completely disgruntled as many of the people I read on here, but I was hoping that you had changed your stripes. Some people will tell me I need to exercise patience - in my opinion, the time for patience is over. I wish you had never done the AMA because it just let me excited for what was to come, and disappointed because nearly a week later, it is just as silent as before.

Thanks for reading,
-Z
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• they don't care about transparency. they only launched the AMA because one of their mods went postal and started calling everyone vicious names. that was their damage control. going from one fire to the next. we'll be sure to see them the next time they light themselves on fire...
  • Just give up. I have and so, apparently, has CG. I posted a few things recently but now I really see no point after this. They are going to do what they want, when they want. And they know full well enough people will stick around so they can make some money. Nothing is ever going to truly change. Recent events have shown me that. Until such time as a real change occurs I expect nothing but more of the same old canned answers that mean nothing and no real care shown by the dev team. Sadly......
  • they don't care about transparency. they only launched the AMA because one of their mods went postal and started calling everyone vicious names. that was their damage control. going from one fire to the next. we'll be sure to see them the next time they light themselves on fire...

Where was this?
  • Calm down. We need to give them time to implement a plan of increased communication. There's no point in communicating anything if they aren't all on the same page. Let them figure out what they need to, and then we'll see the improvements.

I read through that entire very lengthy post where the CG Forum Administrator went a bit off the rails. There was definitely some passive aggression going on in there, but I didn't see anywhere where he was calling forumers "vicious names".
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    jejuzang wrote: »
    they don't care about transparency. they only launched the AMA because one of their mods went postal and started calling everyone vicious names. that was their damage control. going from one fire to the next. we'll be sure to see them the next time they light themselves on fire...

Where was this?

This^^ ??
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to Feedback >> General

Thing like this can't happen overnight. They promised to do things moving forward and even stated that a bigger "release" of information and communication would be coming. The people that speak are not always the people who say it's ok to say things, give it time. This was a step in the right direction.
  • Calm down. We need to give them time to implement a plan of increased communication. There's no point in communicating anything if they aren't all on the same page. Let them figure out what they need to, and then we'll see the improvements.

I actually feel like I am pretty calm. My issue is that they pushed out the AMA saying things are going to get better. And then people ask questions and they say they will get back on a certain date and then nothing. I think it might have been better if they didn't put out the AMA until they were all on the same page and ready to move forward with things. That's all.
  • Soon, and on a holiday. So I’m guessing Christmas morning 2021.
  • Zerfius wrote: »
    Calm down. We need to give them time to implement a plan of increased communication. There's no point in communicating anything if they aren't all on the same page. Let them figure out what they need to, and then we'll see the improvements.

I actually feel like I am pretty calm. My issue is that they pushed out the AMA saying things are going to get better. And then people ask questions and they say they will get back on a certain date and then nothing. I think it might have been better if they didn't put out the AMA until they were all on the same page and ready to move forward with things. That's all.

Just like Kyno said up there. Have patience. Rome wasn't built in a day you know?
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    They did mention that they are down a community manager.

Anyway, I figured that the reason for the down time was obvious -- opportunity cost. The time labor that comes from talking about working out a plan naturally takes effort away from development and implementation of a plan.

CG doesn't have a crystal store where they can unlock new employees, or duplicate themselves. ;)

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Hello?
    Is it me you're looking for~~~
  • Rome wasn't built in a day...

But an internet post on an internet forum takes 2 minutes.
  • Rome wasn't built in a day...

Yea but the time it takes to plan out the proper response and the plan for future communication takes more than 2 minutes.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Rome wasn't built in a day...

From us, yes. I am fairly certain that the quality in the content of a two minute post from a member of the development team would be helpful and/or satisfying to no one.
  • Jeric wrote: »
    Rome wasn't built in a day...

From us, yes. I am fairly certain that the quality in the content of a two minute post from a member of the development team would be helpful and/or satisfying to no one.

Yet surely it doesn't take 6 days.