Jedi Luke - Initial Release

Prev1
nessionice
135 posts Member
edited March 2018
I know by know everyone mustve notice the “Jedi” Luke Skywalker in the new load screen art. Now I call upon the veteran SWGOH players so we can theorycraft on his initial release - based on past experience... will it be a legendary event or marquee event - Im aiming more towards a legendary event. That being said - the most important followup questiwhat will be the required toon... should i rewatch Return of the Jedi and keep an eye out for key characters??? Will Vader be Involved - as he is Lukes counter character in the movie... (I dismiss this idea because almost everyone has vader, most likely zeta and 7* - EA wont make as much money as they could)... or maybe Vader will be involved but we might have a new character introduced. Maybe a C3PO - as a utility toon like bb8? Lando Calrissian... will the May login toon offer a hint...

tl;dr

According to cannon/lore/books/movies what characters would probably be required for Jedi Luke should a legendary event get implemented for his release...(im not a fan of panic farming).

Question: How do you believe Jedi Luke will be released and if applicable to your theory what characters will be needed?

Replies

• Hikari
    212 posts Member
    Options
    He was in the original art for the game too and he is still not in the game.
  • Options
    I have pics of a few of the newer load screens... dont remember the original art but I never noticed him anyway... were you expecting him to be released during that version of the game?
  • Options
    Any player within a year of playing this game and getting a little bit acknowledge on how things go on the forum and the game can tell you that the splash screen means nothing to characters and getting them into the game. Jedi luke was in the previous screen and in this one and in this one he got pushed in the back. So in my opinion it means nothing, but in the case he came to game, hermit yoda will be my first guess as a toon required...
  • Options
    Hermit Yoda - Check (a hard to farm character ) makes sense
  • Options
    As others have said, the load screen means nothing.

If Jedi Luke comes into the game, it would be another Hero's Journey. Required toons could possibly be hermit Yoda, CHS, rolo, r2, CLS. The journey to get CLS followed ANH so I'm guessing to get Jedi Luke it will follow ESB.
  • Options
    phinfan309 wrote: »

If Jedi Luke comes into the game, it would be another Hero's Journey. Required toons could possibly be hermit Yoda, CHS, rolo, r2, CLS. The journey to get CLS followed ANH so I'm guessing to get Jedi Luke it will follow ESB.

Yep. Possibly on anniversary of the movie in may, although that might be ambitious
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    If/when they release Jedi Luke it make sense if they do it in relation with a rework of Jedi as a faction. I hope they will release him in a legendary event and not marquee,it is a character that really deserves a legendary event. If so Hermit yoda is almost a given, maybe Rolo and raid Han as well. Vader should be a requirement given his importance to Luke bit not dure how they would fit that into the event. One or two requires toons will likely be new releases as well (like vets for RJT), C3P0 would then fit in well.

• Mano
    109 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    The toons tRequired might be like these:
    Hermit Yoda
    CLS
    C3PO(Might Need some other Characters like JKA and others)
    CHS and ROLO..and may be Wampa to spike the difficulty
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Options
    My current working theory is this:

Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight). Releases May 4th in a Hero's Journey event. Similar to the Commander Luke event, he will be acquired using characters that helped him in the movie to become a Jedi Knight. To that end, his required characters may be:

Hermit Yoda (his trainer on Dagobah, the only obvious choice.)
    Ben Kenobi (told him to go to Dagobah, and his mentor)
    R2-D2 (with Luke for everything)
    Hoth Han (with Luke on hoth, rescued him from freezing to death)
    Hoth Leia (with Luke on hoth, was a leader against the imperials during the battle of hoth)
    Lando (tangentially related to the Luke plot, but did help rescue Luke at the end)

Some ideas for new characters that may get released for this event (panic farm inducers):

Dak
    C-3PO
    Rebel Chewbacca

If I'm wrong, there will likely be a new Villain's journey event, and sometime soon. Perhaps May 4th. The villains journey could feature anyone, but I'm betting Anakin. He has the most compelling journey of any villain. And it would give them a Journey character from every trilogy.
  • Options
    Great feedback! Wampa is on my Farm list right now, ROLO - sure to 7* after 2 more TB. Im going to go hYoda after wampa... i have all the legendary toons already - check.

Anythoughts on Tuscans - I believe EA analyzes their data to see which toon noone has or is he least farmed - then makes them a requirement for something...
  • Options
    He was in the last load screen art. Means nothing
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Options
    R2 would make sense plot-wise because he is with Luke through a lot but I doubt they would use the same toon twice since he was already required for CLS. Lando and Luke have almost no interaction so he is a bit of a long shot but I’m farming him just in case b cause you never know. Maybe CHS would make more sense than raid Han now that I tbink about it.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    CLS, R2, ROLO, CHS & Hyoda as the 5 toons required possibly.

Even though Hyoda would make sense he might not be required as he isn't really that farmable until at least lvl 85 with a good squad in a good guild plus it would be a big kick in the teeth to all that farmed Wampa.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    You can bet your bottom dollar that it'll need 1-2 yet to be released toons. There's no money to be made in Hyoda, CHS, ROLO and R2.

Also, May is Han Solo movie. You won't be seeing Jedi Luke then. It'll be space cowboy Woody, Space Khaleesi and 'young' chewie/Han/Lando
  • Options
    Anyone think ewoks will be needed?
    We have hope. Rebellions are built on hope.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone think ewoks will be needed?

No money in them either. They practically give them away in those endor events. Also, no ewoks in ESB
  • Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    You can bet your bottom dollar that it'll need 1-2 yet to be released toons. There's no money to be made in Hyoda, CHS, ROLO and R2.

Also, May is Han Solo movie. You won't be seeing Jedi Luke then. It'll be space cowboy Woody, Space Khaleesi and 'young' chewie/Han/Lando

“Space Khaleesi”
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options

“Space Khaleesi”

You know it. Holdo mk2.
  • Options

“Space Khaleesi”

You know it. Holdo mk2.

Space khaleesi over purple hair lady every time
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    P1 - Hoth Echo Base. CLS Vs Wampa
    P2 - Hoth Echo Base - CLS, ROLO, CHS, Both Hoth Soldiers
    P3 - Dagobah. - CLS, R2, Hyoda
    P4 - Dagobah - CLS Vs Vision of Vader
    P5 - Bespin (Raid Han, ROLO, new chewie new C3PO (the panic farms)
    P6 - Bespin - Lando, Lobot, ROLO, Chewie, C3PO
    P7 - CLS Vs Vader
  • Options
    If we really need C3P0, I would think he would be a legendary toon. You would need ewoks to unlock him since was like a god to them. I'm not sure how he would work since he can't attack. Maybe taunt and talk the opponent into submission.
  • Options
    phinfan309 wrote: »

This is the best analysis of our current situation.
    Hit the gym.
  • Options
    Well thought out. I like what you came up with.
    P1 - Hoth Echo Base. CLS Vs Wampa
    P2 - Hoth Echo Base - CLS, ROLO, CHS, Both Hoth Soldiers
    P3 - Dagobah. - CLS, R2, Hyoda
    P4 - Dagobah - CLS Vs Vision of Vader
    P5 - Bespin (Raid Han, ROLO, new chewie new C3PO (the panic farms)
    P6 - Bespin - Lando, Lobot, ROLO, Chewie, C3PO
    P7 - CLS Vs Vader

• Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    nessionice wrote: »

But that hard to farm character has to have way to pay to speed up his farm. Yoda doesn’t. At least not directly.

Would they give Yoda one of those 1299 crystal packs where you get 5-330 shards? That would make them a TON of cash. It would also really upset the customer base, but that hasn’t stopped them yet.
  • Options
    When you see some random p2p characters that are released that are related to jedi luke, then his hero's journey won't be far away. As is, I wouldn't be expecting it anytime soon.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

No, that doesn't make sense, there is no way to speed that farm up with crystals.
  • Options
    other issue with HYoda is who did they battle on Degobah? Outside of the vision scene mentioned above they just talked and trained but no fighting? Would they invent something where you needed yoda for a scene - maybe with the vader vision scene? Otherwise I don't see how you work him in to a true battle. I know some of the other hero's journey fight scenes were expanded beyond movie but at least those stormtrooper opponents/tuskens even were in the movie around the scene.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

No, that doesn't make sense, there is no way to speed that farm up with crystals.

Yessssss! Although the toons make sense, i doubt they will use some of them, as it doesn’t follow their hard f2p farm sped up by crystals.
    Wild throw out there, the might do Endor style if the keep legendary event, with something like

Endor Leia
    Endor Han
    Lando
    Endor luke? On the speeder?
    Nien Numb?
    C3po?
    Maybe wicket?
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    CHS, ROLO, R2, HYoda, Wampa...bet
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    It will require 7* Gar Saxon, Imperial Super Commando, Sith Assassin, Nightsister Spirit, and Ima-Gun-Di.
    Still not a he.