SWGOH , we are waiting for Sith Raid Re Work.

2Next

Replies

• Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    i think it's a terrible raid heavily based on rng. the only way to not die in p4 is to have a minimum of one toon that can remove traya's bonds of weakness. and yet, my last five attempts have been all 5 toons with remove isolation. even on a t2 raid, that means i am guaranteed to do almost no damage, even with a cls lead team and g10+ toons. the raid is utter garbage with **** rewards.not to mention it's boring as ****. it's the only raid that i can autobattle, because nothing i do actually makes any difference. you're guaranteed to die no matter what, with bad rewards at the end of it. if the raid tickets were shared, i doubt anyone would bother with this hot garbage raid.

That isn't just RNG. That's lack of strategy. Differently tagged toons gain different abilities when you're facing Traya. Healers + Supports are given the "Soothe" ability which removes Pain and Bonds of Weakness, Attackers + Tanks are give them "Stand Together" ability which removes Isolation.

Don't complain about RNG when theres a clear lack of strategy going into your runs. Honestly the biggest problem with the Sith Raid is that most people just haven't bothered to read through the details of the raid... and so they complain about how it's too RNG based. Nihilus's P1 is far more RNG based than the rest of the raid in terms of resisting debuffs and how quickly annihilate will be ready.
  • Sawyerstooth
    341 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    This raid is designed for whales and superguilds. It’s built into the boss descriptions to basically ignore every mechanic that the game has established for 2+ yrs. You like debuffs? They don’t work. You like buffs? They don’t work. You like counter attacks? They don’t work. You like multiple assists? They don’t work. Every team that people have “discovered” isn’t really making a difference. “look at my g12 god modded team that did 1M in Sith Raid.” 1M dmg is a papercut. No one has really found a mechanic to exploit in this raid, because it’s designed to break every mechanic. Which should have been obvious when the STH nerf hammer was given. This is designed to NOT be fun. Who cares if your guild is “strong” enough to beat it
  • ScoPi
    54 posts Member
    DarthGazza wrote: »
    Raid is fine. You just need to get stronger

You have the Pit and the Tank to complete and the Sith raid when your guild is stronger

I actually would be okay if this were the case. If the entire raid were end game content I would get it. Instead, there are "tiers" of difficulty which really still force you to have multiple end game teams to complete in any reasonable amount of time.

I know Ghost and I have disagreed about this, but from a perspective of a 2.8 mil GP in a 120mil GP guild who STILL takes 6 days to complete T6 due to lack of JTR, it's seemingly a raid geared towards end game characters. The rewards are enjoyable, but not at this rate. We're a pretty well organized group who has a lot of thought put into the mechanics and viability of teams, so a 6+ day raid is concerning to me.

The response from this forum against any type of criticism seems to be "we finished it, quit crying" which is neither helpful or useful. I feel like an easing of the lower tiers, an improvement of rewards on the middle tiers, and a conversation about the MINIMUM requirements (guild size, # of JTR, etc) to go Heroic would be helpful. Not necessary, but helpful.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    ScoPi wrote: »
    DarthGazza wrote: »
    Raid is fine. You just need to get stronger

You have the Pit and the Tank to complete and the Sith raid when your guild is stronger

I actually would be okay if this were the case. If the entire raid were end game content I would get it. Instead, there are "tiers" of difficulty which really still force you to have multiple end game teams to complete in any reasonable amount of time.

I know Ghost and I have disagreed about this, but from a perspective of a 2.8 mil GP in a 120mil GP guild who STILL takes 6 days to complete T6 due to lack of JTR, it's seemingly a raid geared towards end game characters. The rewards are enjoyable, but not at this rate. We're a pretty well organized group who has a lot of thought put into the mechanics and viability of teams, so a 6+ day raid is concerning to me.

The response from this forum against any type of criticism seems to be "we finished it, quit crying" which is neither helpful or useful. I feel like an easing of the lower tiers, an improvement of rewards on the middle tiers, and a conversation about the MINIMUM requirements (guild size, # of JTR, etc) to go Heroic would be helpful. Not necessary, but helpful.

You seem to need about 25 JTRs to get through Heroic. Only JTR in Phase 1 (Aim for like 4%+ with each team), Mix of remaining JTR/Zeta'd Phoenix/Troopers/Wampa teams for P2. Chex Mix in P3, and NS for the first chunks of P4 while Nihilus and Sion are still alive. Once you get down to Traya being the only one left in P4 you just have to send in what you've got left with synergy. You can use the barrier buff to let tanks absorb some extra damage and keep the team alive longer.
  • ScoPi
    54 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »
    You seem to need about 25 JTRs to get through Heroic. Only JTR in Phase 1 (Aim for like 4%+ with each team), Mix of remaining JTR/Zeta'd Phoenix/Troopers/Wampa teams for P2.

This is appreciated but similar to what I've seen elsewhere where it leaves the actual number of JTR ambiguous by working P2 that way. You guys look to be 140mil plus so I'm assuming you had far more than 25 JTR?

I'd be interested in the minimum used of each major component. Perhaps a seperate topic would be more efficient.

• Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    ScoPi wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »
    You seem to need about 25 JTRs to get through Heroic. Only JTR in Phase 1 (Aim for like 4%+ with each team), Mix of remaining JTR/Zeta'd Phoenix/Troopers/Wampa teams for P2.

This is appreciated but similar to what I've seen elsewhere where it leaves the actual number of JTR ambiguous by working P2 that way. You guys look to be 140mil plus so I'm assuming you had far more than 25 JTR?

I'd be interested in the minimum used of each major component. Perhaps a seperate topic would be more efficient.

Yeah, we've got somewhere in the 40s as far as RJT goes, but we don't use many Phoenix/Wampa/Trooper teams in in P2. Where you lack in RJT for P2 you need to make up for it with a well geared + zeta'd phoenix team or a Wampa team, and then troopers are only going to get you about half as much as those other two at most so you need 2-3x the # of trooper teams to replace the RJT missing from P2. Most RJT teams in P2 probably do about 2-2.5mil, I've seen Phoenix hit that as well, Wampa teams (the team combos here are interesting and vary a lot) seem to get about 2mil+ on good runs as well, troopers we aim for 1-1.5% which is basically upwards of 600k to maybe 800k (Don't use DT here you need him for Chex mix). I've seen some other team combos that included Hoda and Ezra and some others (can't remember atm) for P2. I know that's still kinda vague, but you essentially need as many other teams to replace the RJT teams you don't have. And then Chex mix should be able to do all of P3.

Without a lot of RJT you need to compensate by still having a lot of highly geared zeta'd teams, which honestly, sucks. I don't have RJT myself, so I'm still looking to find some more viable P1 + P2 options as the days go on. I heard rumors of a zVader + zSid squad + zSavage, squad, but not sure who else was in it.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Zavage doesn't seem good to me in P1, multiple stealable buffs n all, and the prot it gives DN.

Sass and and a healer were probably the other two members tho
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    A fully-crafted G12 piece plus a bunch of G12 gear is pretty good imo

Yes that good... but are you insinuating that those are the reward from the raid?

Because they definitely are not.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Revi wrote: »
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    A fully-crafted G12 piece plus a bunch of G12 gear is pretty good imo

Yes that good... but are you insinuating that those are the reward from the raid?

Because they definitely are not.

Yes, those are the typical rewards for heroic Sith. I typically finish in the 20s or 30s in HSith and have gotten a full g12 more often than not.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • AbrekV
    54 posts Member
    when you guys say you will rebalance the rewards you are talking about nerfing, oh my god and like a stupid i believe one second that you will do something good to the players. congratulation for nerfing the rewards.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    It seems you don't understand what the word "balance" means.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • JeerCScaas
    186 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    This is one part of the game that is intended for experienced players. It should be a full guild of 50 players, and every member should be level 85 with multiple maxed g12 teams and a total power of 2.5-3 million. This is something that guilds should work towards, and it will take a long time to get there.

So guilds should spend years trying to get to a level to take on this raid?

Well, I spent the last 2 years leveling toons and it happens I can fight heroic one.

Which is now an useless ability given the close to inexistant rewards.