Please OFFER AT LEAST one zeta mat each time we do Ship Mat Challenge

Hi there,

I’ve gotten about 2-3 zeta materials out of a possible 40 zetas in the last 20 tries of the ship material challenge. ALL of my guild friends and friends in other guilds are DEMANDING we get a minimum of one zeta each time we do a ship material challenge because we can’t progress with farming our characters with this low of a drop rate. Please help us and create some good will among your players by helping us to progress in a normal way by offering 1 zeta minimum!

Replies

• You're demanding it eh? The devs already said it's at a comfortable balance currently. What'll happen if it doesn't change? Your whole guild is going to quit? Ok.. but em from the fleet store. May the force be with you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.

You do know you can buy them with fleet currency right?
  • Buy them with fleet currency i know it may not always be optimal. I have 20 zetas set if i just relied on challenges id have 2, 3 if i was lucky. But not relying on challenges (i dont even count them so if i get 1 im lucky) is the best way to go like i said 20 zetas applied now.
  • Personally I build up to 20 with use of the fleet store and then while I work on the purple and omega mats, I farm ships and toons from fleet. Seems to be the best balance, at least for me.
  • They do offer at least one zeta mat every time you do the zeta challenge in fact they OFFER up to 2 zeta mats every time.
  • My advice to avoid frustration is to consider buying them as the main method of getting them and anything received from the challenges as a bonus.

If you think of the challenges as your main method of acquiring them, you're setting yourself for the constant disappoint and frustrations you're feeling currently because we all go on Zeta dry spells where we go a week or two without getting one.
  • The thing is y’all, as several YouTube video veterans have pointed out, it takes about a month or more to get ONE ZETA for a character through fleet currency. You can’t even get one zeta bought a day if you get #1 in fleet arena. AND if you use that way, you can’t use the currency to upgrade any of your ships and I’m not all maxed out on ships...maybe y’all are.

The truth is there are a lot of people who don’t have all ships maxed out and therefore need that fleet currency to farm ships currently. That’s why we have to rely on the material challenge, which has only given me 3-4 out of about 20 tries. It’s not a fair drop rate and will take years to farm all the major zetas for all the characters with just that and TW rewards.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Well lucky for you you'll get an extra zeta or two each month now!

Regardless, farm your fleet up to 7* and climb the ranks, then start buying the zetas.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Oh, is that how it works? Sweet. My guild and I will demand at least ONE toon shard each time we do a hard node. Oh, yeah, rolling in it now...

Bonus: and at least ONE full Carbanti each time we do a raid!!

*eye-roll*
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Lol, do y’all work for EA or something? You don’t even sound genuine in your responses.
  • I’m being objective and making a point, some of you are just being emotional and blowing it out of proportion...
  • The thing is y’all, as several YouTube video veterans have pointed out, it takes about a month or more to get ONE ZETA for a character through fleet currency. You can’t even get one zeta bought a day if you get #1 in fleet arena. AND if you use that way, you can’t use the currency to upgrade any of your ships and I’m not all maxed out on ships...maybe y’all are.

The truth is there are a lot of people who don’t have all ships maxed out and therefore need that fleet currency to farm ships currently. That’s why we have to rely on the material challenge, which has only given me 3-4 out of about 20 tries. It’s not a fair drop rate and will take years to farm all the major zetas for all the characters with just that and TW rewards.

Not abfair drop rate? What's a fair drop rate? Everyone has the same rate.

Zetas are supposed to be had to get and rare. That's why they are Zetas.
  • Lol, do y’all work for EA or something? You don’t even sound genuine in your responses.

And your demands are logical and reasonable? Lol I think not.
  • I’m being objective and making a point, some of you are just being emotional and blowing it out of proportion...

Well buddy the thing is everyone has had to deal with the same drop rate from the lowest F2P players to the biggest Krakens. So your DEMAND to get more zetas doesnt carry a lot of weight.

Also between territory wars and now the daily login changes the devs have been making them more accessible over time.
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    I’m being objective and making a point, some of you are just being emotional and blowing it out of proportion...

Well buddy the thing is everyone has had to deal with the same drop rate from the lowest F2P players to the biggest Krakens. So your DEMAND to get more zetas doesnt carry a lot of weight.

Also between territory wars and now the daily login changes the devs have been making them more accessible over time.

Exactly.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    The thing is y’all, as several YouTube video veterans have pointed out, it takes about a month or more to get ONE ZETA for a character through fleet currency. You can’t even get one zeta bought a day if you get #1 in fleet arena. AND if you use that way, you can’t use the currency to upgrade any of your ships and I’m not all maxed out on ships...maybe y’all are.

just pick and farm the right ships. if you are top 200 (100-200) you can still get 1200 a day iirc. I was in the same boat as you and once I farmed the ships the currency started to flow in. It makes getting zero from challenges a little less painful lol. So I agree with @ARougeRogue.

gl
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    I’m being objective and making a point, some of you are just being emotional and blowing it out of proportion...

Why does everyone keep saying I’m making a DEMAND on EA, as if they are some sort of victim of a highly paying customer asking for a fair drop rate on zetas? Do people who make demands use the word “Please?”

Anyways, y’all make it sound like EA doesn’t care about their players’ concerns and you are representing them as just not caring at all and as being a victim of me, a single player.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Darthpedro wrote: »

Why does everyone keep saying I’m making a DEMAND on EA, as if they are some sort of victim of a highly paying customer asking for a fair drop rate on zetas? Do people who make demands use the word “Please?”

Anyways, y’all make it sound like EA doesn’t care about their players’ concerns and you are representing them as just not caring at all and as being a victim of me, a single player.

You literally wrote that you are demanding in capital in your first post.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Hi there,

I’ve gotten about 2-3 zeta materials out of a possible 40 zetas in the last 20 tries of the ship material challenge. ALL of my guild friends and friends in other guilds are DEMANDING we get a minimum of one zeta each time we do a ship material challenge because we can’t progress with farming our characters with this low of a drop rate. Please help us and create some good will among your players by helping us to progress in a normal way by offering 1 zeta minimum!

probably bc you mentioned all your friends demanding zetas, your request for at least one zeta minimum, you thinking the rng we all have to deal with is somehow not normal, etc. I have no idea what the "ea is a victim" thing is, fwiw.

Regardless of whether it comes across as a demand, look, all of us wish we had more zetas. and more carbantis, and more stun guns, and traya immed, etc. It is what it is.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Hi there,

ALL of my guild friends and friends in other guilds are DEMANDING we get a minimum of one zeta each time we do a ship material challenge because we can’t progress with farming our characters with this low of a drop rate.

'Nuff said!
  • Huatimus wrote: »

I wrote that all of my guild friends and friends in other guilds are demanding. They're letting me know they are tired of the grind and yes some are leaving the game. I guess y'all don't care and I guess EA doesn't care. I can mention account names if someone even cares.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Nope, don't care.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »

I wrote that all of my guild friends and friends in other guilds are demanding. They're letting me know they are tired of the grind and yes some are leaving the game. I guess y'all don't care and I guess EA doesn't care. I can mention account names if someone even cares.

I was only replying to your question as to why people are saying you're making a demand.

But since you're curious, I honestly don't care either.

EA/CG does seem to care a little since they're now giving out Zeta mats for daily login.
  • I tracked them for a little while and seemed to trend around 20%. Not a large sample size and there were a fair number of zeros. Has anyone calculated a precise drop rate? I wish they would just publish them somewhere
  • Ok, point 1) The drop rate has changed. Point 2) Changing the Ship Material Challenge to drop less, makes the arena, etc, LESS competitive, not more. Whales be whales, but having it harder for low end players to catch up now, doesn’t make a better product.
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    I tracked them for a little while and seemed to trend around 20%. Not a large sample size and there were a fair number of zeros. Has anyone calculated a precise drop rate? I wish they would just publish them somewhere

I know it's late and well, the thread was necro'ed anyway. I counted it for exactly 50 challenge days. Ended up at 52 zetas. I'll assume it's 1 per challenge day. @Rebel_yell
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    I tracked them for a little while and seemed to trend around 20%. Not a large sample size and there were a fair number of zeros. Has anyone calculated a precise drop rate? I wish they would just publish them somewhere

I know it's late and well, the thread was necro'ed anyway. I counted it for exactly 50 challenge days. Ended up at 52 zetas. I'll assume it's 1 per challenge day. @Rebel_yell

Nice. That means I’m due for slightly better RNG!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ok, point 1) The drop rate has changed. Point 2) Changing the Ship Material Challenge to drop less, makes the arena, etc, LESS competitive, not more. Whales be whales, but having it harder for low end players to catch up now, doesn’t make a better product.

It would be awesome to see you data collected to back that statement.

Being that they there is no way to buy them, this drop rate effects everyone equally.