First Order vs empire

Prev1
How are they doing against the current meta?
Still farming FO, but still wanna know how they are doing against meta teams.
Right now I am still using CLS, Thrawn, Old Ben, Han. Don't want to gear up Vader and co.

Replies

• First Order isn't doing much at all.

And obviously Palp and Vader's rewoks have put them in meta territory.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    It seems that FO is one of those teams than can crush most on offense, but everyone knows how to tear it down on D

It'll drop further than most because it'll get targeted a lot
  • Ulic_24
    106 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    HK666 wrote: »
    It seems that FO is one of those teams than can crush most on offense, but everyone knows how to tear it down on D

It'll drop further than most because it'll get targeted a lot

Perhaps on older shards. I run the only FO squad in my shards top 50 right now (Aug 17), the other guys who did have switched to EP (which I’m working on as well). I can still reliable finish and top 50 and the farthest I’ve dropped is mid 50s.
  • I think there’s one FO team in my top 50. Kru takes ages to kill, but there’s no real threat after their initial few turns.
  • Ulic_24
    106 posts Member
    I think there’s one FO team in my top 50. Kru takes ages to kill, but there’s no real threat after their initial few turns.

Agreed. I would imagine as long as you focus down pilot and officer it’s pretty straightforward.

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    A FOO should be able to outspeed Vader as Vader does not get his full speed bonus against FO. Then Kylo and KRU can both Stun. Shock wont block FOST taunt. Seems like FO would be a great empire counter.
  • Ulic_24
    106 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    A FOO should be able to outspeed Vader as Vader does not get his full speed bonus against FO. Then Kylo and KRU can both Stun. Shock wont block FOST taunt. Seems like FO would be a great empire counter.
    The one thing you have to watch for is if going against EP zeta lead, both FOO/FOST cleanse will potentially grant a lot of TM to the other team. That being said, I don’t usually have a problem with EP teams unless their thrawn is super fast and either fractures FOO or gives TM to palp and I get team stunned. I usually check speeds before fighting anyway though.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    FO is a great team to use in TW and TB. I usually don’t have a problem with sith teams on off but the few times I have used my FO squad in arena i drop huge amounts in ranking overnight (I don’t use FOST in my squad comp though, it would hold up better on def with 2 tanks).
  • A well modded/geared FO can smash Empire meta. I’m on a feb 2016 shard I always pick Empire to fight over any other team. I run an all G12 FO team with zzKru lead, zFOST, FOO, SFTFP, OG Kylo. I have roughly a 90% win rate vs Empire. They also handle NS squads easily and I don’t seem to have trouble against Rex leads even with all of the crits that land from FO,

That being said JTR, CLS, zbariss teams FO struggles against. I avoid those teams. CLS teams I’m roughly at a 50% win rate and much less than that against zBariss and JTR. I typically fall to 30-50 overnight with FO but I don’t care. They are a fun faction to play. You don’t see many FO in arena because they seem to be easily beatable by any team on offense.
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    A well modded/geared FO can smash Empire meta. I’m on a feb 2016 shard I always pick Empire to fight over any other team. I run an all G12 FO team with zzKru lead, zFOST, FOO, SFTFP, OG Kylo. I have roughly a 90% win rate vs Empire. They also handle NS squads easily and I don’t seem to have trouble against Rex leads even with all of the crits that land from FO,

That being said JTR, CLS, zbariss teams FO struggles against. I avoid those teams. CLS teams I’m roughly at a 50% win rate and much less than that against zBariss and JTR. I typically fall to 30-50 overnight with FO but I don’t care. They are a fun faction to play. You don’t see many FO in arena because they seem to be easily beatable by any team on offense.

Currently gearing up FOST etc, but don't use FOO at all. I went FOTP instead. Bad idea?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    FOO is kinda what makes them tick. Like Finn with Resistance. He is not absolutely necessary but he helps a lot. Typically you drop Phasma from that team in favor of KRU. Hes in Cantina shop though, so easy to get.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    FOO is kinda what makes them tick. Like Finn with Resistance. He is not absolutely necessary but he helps a lot. Typically you drop Phasma from that team in favor of KRU. Hes in Cantina shop though, so easy to get.

I have them all 7 stars just not geared.
    Got KRU and Fotp at gear 12, SFTP close to gear 12, FOST gear 11 and Rest gear 9 or below.
  • Ulic_24
    106 posts Member
    FOO is second most important besides KRU lead. Get as much speed on him as possible, then you can either give KRU TM to stun or FOTFO for buff immunity at the start, then you can control the start of the fight.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Or OG Kylo for for his AOE that feeds TM to the whole team. Lots of options.
  • VonZant wrote: »

This is false. Vader has 121 base speed plus 56 speed if he runs with Palp and full Empire/Sith team for 177 unmodded speed. FOO has 145 base speed plus 30 from KRU zeta lead. That’s 175. So Vader is two points faster if mods are equal. Additionally, while shock does not stop FOST’s taunt, Vader’s ability block does.

FO needs some RNG on offense to win against ZPalp that is similarly well modded, but it is possible. The problem is they stink defensively, and a well-run ZPalp will almost always beat them on offense.
  • The best FO lineup is KRU lead, Kylo, FOTP, FOO and FOST. If you have FO Executioner, he can replace FOTP if you prefer, although I like FOTP better in most cases.
  • Ulic_24 wrote: »
    FOO is second most important besides KRU lead. Get as much speed on him as possible, then you can either give KRU TM to stun or FOTFO for buff immunity at the start, then you can control the start of the fight.

Or just remove turn meter from Vader and boost everyones tm so your whole squad goes first. Foo needs to be faster than Vader to win case closed. If Vader goes first you probably won't even get a turn.
  • Raid Han, problem solved on offense.

I'd probably take out fost
  • Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Raid Han, problem solved on offense.

Thats exactly what the enemy might want you to do, shooting at a zFOST benefits the enemy more than you because counters can also trigger the assist effect, and oh "Han will just stun FOST" well then FOO will just cleans as well as give tenacity up and 100% turn meter as well as be able to instantly taunt, immune to debuffs and forced to hit the one you shouldnt hit, you are better off starting with KRU or FOO
  • In a nutshell. For a lot of shards Vader is running around during 240+ so to have a genuine shot of winning on offense your Foo needs to be around 270 to outspeed opponents vader. Not easy for a lot of people.
    On defense you'll still almost definitely loose.. As do most teams anyway.
  • lamatoe wrote: »
    In a nutshell. For a lot of shards Vader is running around during 240+ so to have a genuine shot of winning on offense your Foo needs to be around 270 to outspeed opponents vader. Not easy for a lot of people.

240+??!! Maybe if you face a enemy Rebel/Jedi team yes but FOO will never be in either, think before you speak.

Thats exactly what the enemy might want you to do, shooting at a zFOST benefits the enemy more than you because counters can also trigger the assist effect, and oh "Han will just stun FOST" well then FOO will just cleans as well as give tenacity up and 100% turn meter as well as be able to instantly taunt, immune to debuffs and forced to hit the one you shouldnt hit, you are better off starting with KRU or FOO

Lol I mean I'd drop Fost and slot raid Han into my FO team to stun Vader and stop the whole empire train getting going
  • I'm on a Nov. 15 shard everyone in top 50 that runs Vader has 240 speed before unique bonuses. So yes there really is 240 speed Vader's out there.
    Shaunyvee wrote: »

Lol I mean I'd drop Fost and slot raid Han into my FO team to stun Vader and stop the whole empire train getting going

The problem with that is then kru is stunned or fractured the whole fight without kru and fost foo and fotp will both be out of the fight almost instantly.
    In a nutshell. For a lot of shards Vader is running around during 240+ so to have a genuine shot of winning on offense your Foo needs to be around 270 to outspeed opponents vader. Not easy for a lot of people.

240+??!! Maybe if you face a enemy Rebel/Jedi team yes but FOO will never be in either, think before you speak.

I am in a late November 2017 shard. My Vader is at 239 speed. Granted, I am tied with one other guy for the fastest Vader in the shard, and we both finish first every day (his payout is one hour earlier than mine). But in more mature shards where people have had more time to farm mods, 240+ speed is absolutely a base level you can expect to see near the top end of arena. That is BEFORE Vader gets his +56 speed from himself and Palp (16 each) along with the other three Empire/Sith in the Squad (8 each). So with that additional 56 speed, you are looking at 296 speed.
  • Jay_1997_C
    213 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    lamatoe wrote: »

Sorry man but I run on a launch shard with FO and the majority of teams below rank 30-ish have a zVader which can outspeed my 285 FOO quite easily and from there it’s all about RNG - if KRU crits on his counter to Vader’s culling blade he gets to stun someone (it’ll be palps/sion), if he doesn’t that’s pretty much game over
  • Slightly off topic - but what is the kill order against FO teams? FOTFP first?
  • Ulic_24
    106 posts Member
    Slightly off topic - but what is the kill order against FO teams? FOTFP first?

I would say Officer first. My biggest problems on offense come from when officer is either stunned or fractured right off the bat.
  • Slightly off topic - but what is the kill order against FO teams? FOTFP first?

It depends on what tools you have at your disposal. If you can keep FOO ability blocked, you can kill FOTP first. If not, you need to kill FOO as quickly as possible. I use TFP under ZPalp and Vader, so between Vader and TFP’s AOE, I have two ability blocks that can neutralize FOO. So I usually go after FOTP first because his basic still does a lot of damage.

240+??!! Maybe if you face a enemy Rebel/Jedi team yes but FOO will never be in either, think before
    lamatoe wrote: »

Relax. ..and do some thinking yourself. If your shard is younger it's odd to asume the rest have equivalent mods.
    There's at least 6 Vaders on mine who're 240 or above. There's a couple of guys I'm confident could get their's into the 250's if they needed to.
    Turns out.. some people farm mods. Who knew.