Disclosing of Odds

Hey everyone. I’m just wondering if anyone knows when companies have to disclose odds on getting specific items from loot boxes will be implemented in this game. This is after Apple now requires them to do so, do they have a cut off date of when they need to start doing it?

Replies

• Already been answered a few times. In summary, I guess CG is working with Apple to figure that out
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Hey everyone. I’m just wondering if anyone knows when companies have to disclose odds on getting specific items from loot boxes will be implemented in this game. This is after Apple now requires them to do so, do they have a cut off date of when they need to start doing it?

I believe there is some debate as to whether the Apple regulations cover this game as there are no odds based purchases available for cash only for in app currency which may not be covered here.
  • Thanks folks
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    This comes up again and again and they probably don't have to for non-cash purchases. I know people pay indirectly but practically the entire game is random so any cash you spend on anything at all is ultimately rewarded by a dice throw, you expect them to release their game code..... Yeah, I know this is not what people want but it is how many levels of indirection before not needed? I expect the answer is 1 (as above).

Besides that. Why do people care so much? Honest question. There is enough data out there on how much you can expect it to cost you to level a toon. There is enough data so the more common rates could be estimated accurately. Do you need to know the precise really small number that is a 330 drop as clearly you are not buying gems expecting to to happen...... Why this obsession?
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    thomssi wrote: »
    This comes up again and again and they probably don't have to for non-cash purchases. I know people pay indirectly but practically the entire game is random so any cash you spend on anything at all is ultimately rewarded by a dice throw, you expect them to release their game code..... Yeah, I know this is not what people want but it is how many levels of indirection before not needed? I expect the answer is 1 (as above).

Besides that. Why do people care so much? Honest question. There is enough data out there on how much you can expect it to cost you to level a toon. There is enough data so the more common rates could be estimated accurately. Do you need to know the precise really small number that is a 330 drop as clearly you are not buying gems expecting to to happen...... Why this obsession?

That has been my thoughts on it. Whales are going to whale...ftp will stay ftp.. Seeing the small chance (that we all know is there) really does nothing.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Why do people care so much?

Two words... honesty and transparency.

• @thomssi I think it would be nice for people that haven't bought packs before. The first time i bought fleet mega pack i felt so robbed of 2400crystals which was a long time of saving for me back then. Says 5-100 so should have equal chance any number in-between except they dont tell you chances of getting over 10 are very bad. Same with 5-330 packs. Its just written dishonestly.
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Yeah that is fair enough and I suppose the flip side of my point is why NOT disclose unless you are trying to lure noobs and that is pretty cheap given I expect the vast majority of their income is from regular whales so the small extra bit they get from such tactics is likely not worthwhile and may lose you disappointed players. They could if nothing else disclose the average drop.

Nevertheless, the point on number of levels stands. You want to know odds on character drops from cards bought with gems right? Well I could spend those same gems on refreshes and currency to try and get a gear piece from a node. So, what are the odds on gear pieces on every single node please? If I get the gear piece and it improves stat x, what % increase does that give to my probability of damage. What is the damage probability distribution......

It opens a big can of worms.....
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    If I get the gear piece and it improves stat x, what % increase does that give to my probability of damage. What is the damage probability distribution......

It opens a big can of worms.....

Those probabilities are already published. At least, they can be calculated using published information.
  • Buy a couple you learn the odds are bad. Live and learn I say.
  • If the odds are published, it's my belief that less people would gamble ... I mean spend.

If less people spend, it's my belief that instead of taking a loss, CG would change the rewards and make it more enticing to spenders.

Win - win.
  • I’m hoping to get some of you guys to stop asking about this issue because I have the answer for it and hopefully it will stop this has to do with UK laws only they do not apply to any other country this is what the answer is so if you don’t live in that country you are wasting your time it’s been taken care of by now and hopefully this will end people asking about it google has to do the same thing to it’s not just Apple it’s about Geneva convention law and that’s all that it’s about time for this to end
  • Caveat emptor... I have no sympathy for people who fall for comically transparent mobile phone game fleece tactics.

You say it says 5-330 and the odds should be the same for any number between 5-330? I say if you're going to invest in something you should do a little research before. If you're too lazy to do that then don't complain when you get burned.

They're not going to release the odds. People can (and do) save up tens of thousands of crystals in this game without spending a dime. So the fact that you can use real money to acquire crystals is incidental.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I’m hoping to get some of you guys to stop asking about this issue because I have the answer for it and hopefully it will stop this has to do with UK laws only they do not apply to any other country this is what the answer is so if you don’t live in that country you are wasting your time it’s been taken care of by now and hopefully this will end people asking about it google has to do the same thing to it’s not just Apple it’s about Geneva convention law and that’s all that it’s about time for this to end

lmao
    Save water, drink champagne!