The numbers of Phonix team on new shards are WAY to high

Hi,

I just got me a new device and wanted to start the game up again.

all fun until i entered arena, and man i tell you it is 80% or so Phoenix team.

Now my question is to the Devs:
Do you really want the game to be single stringed and only 1 meta at low level?

I gotta admit, did i not have knowledge on game i did and startet out as a new player. I would fast lose interest.

Regards

Rex Brennegear

Replies

• IgneoMorte
    253 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    PS is only meta until players build better squads. PS is needed for so many things that it is unreasonable to not farm them on a new account.
    PS has fantastic synergy, and therefore, can usually destroy early non-synergized teams.
    It is recommended by almost all influential players to farm PS immediately.

All these reasons are why you are seeing so many PS.

Do not fret, however, Empire and Sith teams with Vader and EP will destroy any PS team. (Mods and gear must be good enough)
  • Options
    They are the easiest team to build ina short amount of time. I use them still just not for arena
  • Iznogud
    3 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Have you seen the you tube videos telling folks to go that direction. If i should restart my account, then they would have priority as well.

on top of Phoenix, they give you access to both EP (Meta dude atm) and Thrawn. Prolly the best beer in the world... Ohh wait i mean Empire dude

Thoe i gotta admit, the spread of good and balanced chars on lower lvl are weak
  • Options
    It is the best early team to have, since you can use them to get Thrawn, Palp, finish GW easily, and be aight in arena. Once you hit about 70-75 they fall off hard, then you can bask in the glory of the Nightmare Meta. Simply put, there is a lot of them because they are the best to have early, and give you the best head start later on.
  • Options
    It is the best early team to have, since you can use them to get Thrawn, Palp, finish GW easily, and be aight in arena. Once you hit about 70-75 they fall off hard, then you can bask in the glory of the Nightmare Meta. Simply put, there is a lot of them because they are the best to have early, and give you the best head start later on.

My point is, the should make more diversity in the game.
  • Options
    They do, and have atm the most diverse meta for awhile. If you want to beat/buck the trend of phoenix in your shard, build rebels or empire.
  • Options
    Easy fix, move wedge to an easy to farm location, problem solved!
  • Options
    Phoenixes are easy to farm, make GW easy, are needed for LS TB, great early and mid game,have great ships, are needed for thrawn, Chimaera and can get Palps. No other team is that versatile so early on.
    Sadly, there are only 3 viable early game teams. Phoenixes, Lando lead rebels that transition into wiggs and chaze, and NS squads (ussualy a paying team but they can be obtained as a f2p player too. There is diversity, but everyone will always build the best, even if there are 10 solid teams.
  • Options

My point is, the should make more diversity in the game.

There is tons of diversity, just not early. Everyone wants the best leg up, and unless you get a lucky pull on chromium early to get Wedge or Lando, the best option is to build phoenix. Like Halfbaked said, we are far more diverse then we used to be (anyone remember the Dooku evasion meta?) Think of it more as building towards the future. It may not be as diverse as you want early on, but it gets a lot more diverse later. For instance, Phoenix can usually beat Empire early game, but mid-late game, empire destroys Phoenix. It is the struggle all low level players have, you just kind of have to push through it.
  • Options
    A easy to farm team early on that works great even late in the game of course many will use Phoenix
  • TVF
    36602 posts Member
    Options
    Just wait, they disappear from arena soon enough.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    They are very good in early to mid levels, but they really lose their effectiveness the closer you get to lvl 85. I agree that it is annoying to see so many of the same team in arena, but that tends to be the case regardless as the meta changes and players react. I am in a November 2017 shard, and it was also about 80 percent Phoenix from about lvl 60 to the upper 70s. As more characters get their upper level abilities, they start to be able to counter Phoenix, and the arena will shift away from it. The Palp/Vader rework absolutely ended Phoenix in arena at upper levels. Palp teams destroy Phoenix easily. So there is light at the end of the Phoenix tunnel. My advice in the meantime is to find team combinations that counter them. Healing immunity, buff immunity, daze and several other abilities really make things hard on Phoenix.
  • Options
    Phoenix is an easy team to farm with great synergy and lots of potential to unlock content as others have stated. They do good in Rancor Phase 1 and AAT phase 2 and phase 4. Ghost and Phantom 2 are required to unlock Thrawn’s Star Destroyer. So there’s great benefit to having them.

You wanna kill them? AOE and TM reduction or Palpatine Empire team. Vader is a pilot, Tarkin is a fleet commander, Tie Pilot is AOE and has a ship, SnowTrooper is TM reduction and needed for DSTB. Easy farms to put Phoenix in their place. Potency/Speed mods. Have fun storming the castle.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moving to character strategy for more conversation.
  • Options
    For as many characters there are in this game, it's pretty linear.. Phoenix for thrawn and EP+3 for r2, while side farming FO for bb8 and resistance for RJT, then fill in blanks for other stuff (heists, other events etc)
  • Options
    It is the best beginner team to have, they have ships, can clear Thrawn and Palpatine event, Tentacity and health mods, although they need many purple gear but gearing them to 8 is enough, then most people would push Ezra to gear 9-12, Ezra is a good character, does high damage, if you want to counter Phoenix, Palpatine and Vader would do the job, Phoenix is very vulnerable to debuffs especially shock and ability block, give them more debuffs, they will heal but culling blade will clear them
    Kill order:
    1. Chopper(he gives extra protection and is fast, can dispel taunt and give speed up, not the hardest to kill)
    2. Kanan (He gives counter and heal from debuff, stack some debuffs and kill him with culling blade)
    3. Ezra (Gives damage up and is unexpected deadly, deadlier than you though, a major threat)
    4. Hera(gives back up plan, you can turn to ability block her)
    5. Zeb (Not impressive ability, his purpose isn't to daze and stun but in abilities' case he's not that great)
    I let out Sabine because no one really uses her
  • Options
    I let out Sabine because no one really uses her
    I use Sabine. And consistently recommend new players farm her to seven stars and gear her significantly, because she both powers up Phoenix II and lets you free up Ezra for other teams where he still functions well, while leaving Phoenix as a complete team for TW, TB, and raids.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    that only lasts until lvl 70... then it's all EP/Vader + 3 random sith or empire.
  • Options
    Early game us nothing but Phoenix until you reach lvl 75 or 80 and then palpatine is the dominant team
  • Options
    They will go down once people get EP and Vader.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just got me a new device and wanted to start the game up again.

all fun until i entered arena, and man i tell you it is 80% or so Phoenix team.

Now my question is to the Devs:
    Do you really want the game to be single stringed and only 1 meta at low level?

• Options
    Phoenix as an early game farm is just such an easy decision to make. If you ever want Thrawn and/or Chimera, you have to have Phoenix. The best time to build Phoenix is early game, because if you wait until late into the game, you're literally only building them to get one character and then probably never using them again after that. If you do it early, then at least you get some use out of them.

When I first started, Phoenix was everywhere. I started two more accounts within a few months, and they were everywhere there too. I hated them because that's all I ever saw. Mind you, I didn't have any trouble with them in the arena, but it's still annoying when that's all you ever come across.
  • Iznogud
    3 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    For as many characters there are in this game, it's pretty linear.. Phoenix for thrawn and EP+3 for r2, while side farming FO for bb8 and resistance for RJT, then fill in blanks for other stuff (heists, other events etc)

Exactly his point, and sad for a game with so many possibilities.
  • Options
    Iznogud wrote: »

Exactly his point, and sad for a game with so many possibilities.

No one is forcing anyone to take this path - there are only 3 places where Phoenix are mandatory - Thrawn, Chimera, and LS TB. Outside of those, you're free to choose any path you want. Phoenix is just the easy road.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • DLT19
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Phoenix team:
    +4 events
    +farmable from low level
    +does fine in arena
    +doesnt cost any $

Efficient way to level up for the light side. Variety spices things always up and this team maybe should have moved to a later point of game to enrichen the arena with more combinations. Overwhelming amount of passive effects which rule out many early combinations till they get enough burst to dive through the self/auto heal function.
    Its a good team without any doubt. If people get bored just move to others line ups outside the standard box and have fun as i have!